New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I've been dreaming of owning a Patrol since I was in college! Maybe it's just me, but the Patrol has the presence that other SUVs like the Trooper and Pajero lack. I read some lukewarm reviews from australian magazines and I guess the Patrol's not THE perfect vehicle, hehe, once I win the lottery, first thing on my list will be the mighty Patrol!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hehehe... I dunno... Iba pa rin ang Pajero sa akin.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    what about the new pajero?
    i think its a far better choice than the patrol
    and though it looks like the bastard son of a reangerover it looks better than the patrol

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sulit naman ang Patrol Super Safari..Ok parin ang diesel variant nya..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    and i thought spacious ito sa loob

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi people, we own a Nissan Patrol 2003, ZD30 engine. The Patrol, as for
    my testimony, was excellent in terms of acceleration. I remember 2005 when speed limit is not so strictly enforced in NLEX, my dad used to do 160 kph on the speedometer but on the inside, it was intact and you don't feel you're driving on that speed. Lately I brought the Patrol in Boso-Boso, Antipolo and it still drives like brand new. The "hatak" never fails me on steeper ascents in 3rd to 4th gear, effortlessly going up to 90kph in matter of seconds and 8 people in the cabin including me. Hope this up and coming Nissan Safari will be a more enhanced and exciting one, as the existing Patrol is already a great drive for us.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by podgixx View Post
    Hi people, we own a Nissan Patrol 2003, ZD30 engine. The Patrol, as for
    my testimony, was excellent in terms of acceleration. I remember 2005 when speed limit is not so strictly enforced in NLEX, my dad used to do 160 kph on the speedometer but on the inside, it was intact and you don't feel you're driving on that speed. Lately I brought the Patrol in Boso-Boso, Antipolo and it still drives like brand new. The "hatak" never fails me on steeper ascents in 3rd to 4th gear, effortlessly going up to 90kph in matter of seconds and 8 people in the cabin including me. Hope this up and coming Nissan Safari will be a more enhanced and exciting one, as the existing Patrol is already a great drive for us.
    My friend actually went for the New Patrol Super Safari Diesel Variant also with the ZD30 engine (I think) but this time with VGT. Went for the new color somewhat "Brownish Metallic". Super lakas ng talaga ng hatak and it feels like your in a luxury tank when your inside. Interior is pretty nice with the leather and wood trimmings.. But just what Sir Otep said, the rear space is too tight for a luxo SUV, although ang laki niya tingnan sa labas, masikip siya when your inside. and the ride medyo matagtag pa rin for an SUV IMO, much like the older patrols. But all in all, ok ang New Patrol.. but honestly if I have 2.5M to spare for an SUV, I would go for the Veracruz ehehehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Greetings Lochua,

Ah I see, sabagay, 'di ko pa rin maicompare yung cabin nito sa ibang SUVs in the market since ito pa lang ang nasasakyan ko, at yung 1999 Pajero nga pala which we owned before this Patrol. But isa pa nga na disadvantage na masa-cite namin on this vehicle is the "tagtag" especially on the back which a moderator here has stated, sinabi na rin yun sa 'min ng auto-mechanic na cousin ko. Another is the lack of instrumentations inside the cabin; such as the "on-lights" and "wear seatbelt" detector, yung 2004 RAV4 namin is complete on these features. Last disadvantage is though more than capable naman na lagyan ng 4wd dahil malakas naman ang makina, the same moderator din has said na 'di rin magandang lagyan ng 4wd dahil kulang daw sa "center differential" as he has said (not sure if that's what he has said, diko na ulit nabasa yung sabi ni Mr. Boybi, hehehe). Dissappointed din si father ko ng pinalagyan ng 4wd because kelangan pa nga na magfull-stop before you can shift to 4 wheels. Our then 1999 Pajero, as we've compared to, is excellent in 4wd dahil even you're speeding at more than 100kph, you can change to 4wheels. Eventually, on the same day na ininstall, pinatanggal din niya yung 4wd for the Patrol.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Nissan Patrol's 4WD system was not meant for aiding on-road traction. It was intended for the vehicle to be able to get itself in and out of situations where normal 2WD vehicles can't. The transfer case of the Patrol can also be shifted on-the-fly but only up to 40kph, whereas the Pajero can do it up to 100kph (not above 100kph).

I never said na hindi magandang lagyan ng 4WD ang Patrol. I had a 2003 GU Patrol before fitted with an aftermarket (HPI) 4WD kit. And yes, wala ngang center differential ang Patrol, which is why you cannot put it into 4WD mode on paved roads.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by louchua View Post
    My friend actually went for the New Patrol Super Safari Diesel Variant also with the ZD30 engine (I think) but this time with VGT. Went for the new color somewhat "Brownish Metallic". Super lakas ng talaga ng hatak and it feels like your in a luxury tank when your inside. Interior is pretty nice with the leather and wood trimmings.. But just what Sir Otep said, the rear space is too tight for a luxo SUV, although ang laki niya tingnan sa labas, masikip siya when your inside. and the ride medyo matagtag pa rin for an SUV IMO, much like the older patrols. But all in all, ok ang New Patrol.. but honestly if I have 2.5M to spare for an SUV, I would go for the Veracruz ehehehe.
    ---------------------------------------

When you mentioned "the rear space is too tight for a luxo SUV" are you referring to the 2nd row or the 3rd row?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2007 Nissan Patrol Super Safari