New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It looks a heck of a lot like a Renault. Badge-engineering you suppose?

It would be nice If Nissan brought in a midsize replacement for the Sentra along with the Tiida, maybe ressurect the Altima badge even if they don't bring the new Altima here... but if they're dropping the compact sedan altogether in favor of a subcompact Fit/Jazz competitor, I think they're making a big mistake.

BTW, I hate the 2004 US Sentra's corporate nose, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    this product is a result of the nissan-renault buy in.. megane nga ata yun base nya..

the maxima is the cefiro..na ngayon teana na but maxima pa rin sa istate

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But the new Altima looks better than the Teana/Maxima version...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    well, back to topic.

its has that "love-it-or-hate-it" design, IMO.

Based on my research, the Tiida is shorter than the Sunny/Sentra/Sylphy but the interior length is bigger:
    In JPN, the overall length of Tiida Latio is 4395mm, though is shorter
    than Sylphy(sentra in MAS----4495mm) but the interior length is 2035mm.
    sentra got 1865mm in interior length.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    looks like a cross between the previous gen lancer & a honda city.

Ngil-ad man.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    But the new Altima looks better than the Teana/Maxima version...
    That's because the Altima is a different vehicle the latter. In fact, yung US/Canadian Maxima is a separate car from the Altima.

It is obvious though that the Altima is really really neat looking both inside and out pero some US and Canada locals (especially those from forums.autoweek.com) say that the US Maxima looks like Garbage when compared to the Teana/Cefiro (for HK and SG).

Anyways, since someone mentioned that the Tiida is in fact the successor to the Sentra, perhaps it somehow makes some sense too.

Pero from what I observed in HK and SG, after releasing the C30 units (Tiida Sedan and Hatch), di pa rin phase-out yung B13.

In the US and Canada, the Tiida Hatchback may be sold under as a different model and not a successor to their Sentra.

Confirmed na rin na yung Tiida will be one of the two sub-compact models na iintroduce nila below the Sentra.

Yung isa, baka Nissan Cube/Cube Cubic. Surprisingly, Nissan also filed a trademark to launch the Cube or Cube Cubic d2 sa Pinas in the future (around 2007-2008 more or less).

That's more or less it..... I think.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Also:

Nissan Intelligent Key (with Engine Immobilizer, Keyless entry, remote locking, blah blah blah) is standard on ALL VARIANTS.

Xenon HID front lamps (low-beam and high-beam) are available on the higher end variants. Xenon HID foglamps are available as a cost-option.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    in a Malaysian site, it was mentioned that the Tiida will target the Vios-City market. Though I also read that there will be a 1.8L engine (not yet confirmed).

Blackraven, may idea ka ba kung kelan lalabas dito yung Tiida? Am assuming na mauuna muna ang Taiwan (Yulon) before it reaches our shores. Sana naman din ilabas na nila yung Teana dito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alam nyo, yung ibang research nyo eh pinaghahalo nyo sa models ng US, HK, SG, and or other Countries. Kindly specify which market "confirmed" that this model and that model will replace or will be under the Sentra model blah blah etc. This way, walang malilito at magtatalo nang walang katuturan dahil magkaiba palang market ang pinaguusapan natin mga kapatid. :hihihi:

Nga pala, post #8 is USDM market and not HK, SG, Phil.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The rear looks French. Dont like.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2006 Nissan Sentra / Tiida Latio [Merged]