New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i have my Honda civic ESI 95 model and a friend of mine would like to swap it with his Nissan Terrano D27 turbo engine manual (Subic). Do you guys think it will be a nice deal? He likes to swap it straight no money to be added. BTW most of you post Locally made, are imported ones hard to maintain? does it parts hard to find? Thanks for your quick reply i really need to know before someone else gets it, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by schumac View Post
    i have my Honda civic ESI 95 model and a friend of mine would like to swap it with his Nissan Terrano D27 turbo engine manual (Subic). Do you guys think it will be a nice deal? He likes to swap it straight no money to be added. BTW most of you post Locally made, are imported ones hard to maintain? does it parts hard to find? Thanks for your quick reply i really need to know before someone else gets it, thanks!
    getting a different class of vehicle really depends on your needs. if you think you need an suv, then its a good swap. i got one myself simply because a car will not survive the road conditions in our place. bahain pa.

regarding the terrano, it's a good suv. ganda ng engine. mabagal nga because of gearing pero ramdam mo naman na malakas talaga humatak. di mausok. though medyo maingay. ok ang ride quality. parts no problem since it shares the engine with the local pathfinder, frontier and urvan. ok rin ang interior space. sulit para sa akin. though i sometimes miss the speed, maneuverability, low ride and smoothness of a car.

about imported/subic vehicles, personally, sa local unit ako. pero kung mabusisi ka naman at may kakilala kang magaling na mekaniko, then ok sayo yun. check mo kung equal value sila. kung mas mura ang sayo, magtaka ka kung bakit willing syang magpalugi. baka ikaw naman malugi in the long run dahil sa dami pala ng problema.

anyway hope this helps and good luck!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *shumac

The subic terranos are very tempting as they are very cheap. They are however, very expensive to convert properly. Aside from the suspension conversion that you have to undertake, you also have to change the dash, headlights, side mirrors, steering, trunk, electrical controls and gas tank controls. Perhaps the most overlooked conversion is the A/C, the converted ones are very hot and it will cost you a lot to convert the A/C well. Terrano A/Cs are very cold, the ones from subic I heard are sweltering hot. Prepare to spend around a P100K for a proper conversion. The dashboard for the subic terranos are the same as the old Power Series pickups ('89-'93). The local terranos share the dashboard of the frontier.

For P100K, I would just get a local gas terrano (they are cheap now but you have to sell your car first) and get a diesel engine swap - bolt in lang yun. That is easier and faster and should cost you P70K -P100K (engine, labor, electricals, filters, tubing and registration). you can get a turbo TD27 engine if you like (although i prefer the naturally aspirated ones for ease of maintenance - dont know where to get the TD27 turbo piston rings and turbo spare parts - you have to get a turbo timer pa). Original pa lahat and safe to bring up the mountains while enjoying the trip from inside of a very well cooled cabin.

My 2 cents

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *oceanrider88

sir converted na po sya and d27 turbo na yung engine sasakyan na lang. Ayus yung Terrano got it yesterday, it suits my needs dahil I can use it in my work (i'm a designer-builder pala) kailangan lang palitan ng dashboard dahil luma na pero sa over all performance it turns out to be a nice deal.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    The local Terrano has been proven to be a reliable, comfortable and handsome compact SUV, with bulletproof part-time 4-wheel drive system that will take you to more places than CR-Vs, RAV-4s,... The ride is better than it's pick-up cousin (Pathfinder) because of coil spring rear suspension and the simple and easy to use interior that may at first appear dated but in reality timeless and practical. Buy her a set of light mag-wheels, meaty tires and it will easily turn a few heads. TD-27 engine is quite common and easy to maintain.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *oceanrider88

sir converted na po sya and d27 turbo na yung engine sasakyan na lang. Ayus yung Terrano got it yesterday, it suits my needs dahil I can use it in my work (i'm a designer-builder pala) kailangan lang palitan ng dashboard dahil luma na pero sa over all performance it turns out to be a nice deal.
    kung ganun congrats! im sure masusulit mo yan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *oceanrider88

Congrats shumac! Enjoy your new toy. Have the whole front suspension, steering system and AC checked. I think they sell used frontier dashboards in banawe. Have fun!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sirs,

medyo OT kaso generic naman ang topic to the 98-99 terrano hehe.

ask ko lang kung ano yung most affordable yet effective and safe way to lift our rig's rear? nakatingala kasi yung sa akin eh. coil spacers? longer shocks and/or coils? or all of the above? hehe.

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    sirs,

medyo OT kaso generic naman ang topic to the 98-99 terrano hehe.

ask ko lang kung ano yung most affordable yet effective and safe way to lift our rig's rear? nakatingala kasi yung sa akin eh. coil spacers? longer shocks and/or coils? or all of the above? hehe.

thanks!
    Mine is lifted 4 inches front and rear. You can use spacers max of 1 inch or you run the risk of coil slips. I replaced my springs with longer ones. Go to banawe and look for surplus springs with a 4.5 inch diameter and 15-18 inch length - dami dun. make sure the coils are a bit thicker in diameter than your stock springs or it may sag. You also need longer shocks to accommodate the longer suspension travel - i mean if you are lifting it 4 inches - if you are just going to level the ride baka kaya na ng 1" spacer.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks oceanrider88.

wow 4"?? taas nun a hehe. actually plan ko lang mga 1-2" lift sa rear para pumantay or kahit angat ng konti yung rear. mataas na naman sya kasi 31" yung tires and inadjust yung torsion bar kaya tumingala. so about the spacers, can you suggest a place i can buy or have a pair fabricated? thanks uli!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
1998-1999 Nissan Terrano Owners(Question)