New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Hi Tsikoteers!

I am planning to buy a used diesel Terrano preferably local version.

I would like to ask if this Terrano is local version? https://apollo-singapore.akamaized.n...olx-st/_1_.jpg

I have noticed the lack of fender flares on this unit. This makes me think that maybe this is an imported one since I've read in this forum that local Terranos have fender flares.

I would also like to know if Terranos (despite being more than 20 years old now) is still a good buy?

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I used to own a 2000 gas model. When I had to have the suspension fixed, I had a very hard time looking for the parts.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by raselo View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers!

I am planning to buy a used diesel Terrano preferably local version.

I would like to ask if this Terrano is local version? https://apollo-singapore.akamaized.n...olx-st/_1_.jpg

I have noticed the lack of fender flares on this unit. This makes me think that maybe this is an imported one since I've read in this forum that local Terranos have fender flares.

I would also like to know if Terranos (despite being more than 20 years old now) is still a good buy?

Thank you!
    the fender flares are just one of the obvious giveaways pero based on the pic, may butas sa fenders so baka tinanggal lang yung flares.

the other clues and what i think of them are:

grill - looks local
    stepboard/bar - looks local
    bumper - looks local
    mags - can't see but seems not stock
    color/paint - looks original and local

usually the inside would be even more obvious.

engine parts/supplies are many since the TD27 was also used in the hardbody pickup and urvan but you may have difficulty finding terrano-specific parts. but if you get one that has had practically everything replaced, then it could last you quite some time.

i enjoyed one for 7 years (bought 2nd hand) but had to let go kasi hindi masolve-solve yung oil leak sa driveshaft (kahit casa gumawa), high temp (had to install extra aux fan), frequent front wheel bearing noise (kelangan grasahan yearly lalo na kung nilusong sa baha) and unusable 4WD (nasira ng mekaniko yung hubs).

it was slow and cumbersome to drive pero masaya kasi pangharabas talaga at dahil sa steel bumpers and rear tire carrier, parang wala akong paki magka sagian haha lakas din ng loob kong lumusong sa baha.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoii View Post
    hello peeps! may mga terrano owners pa ba dito?

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk
    Yes Lots of Terrano owners here. Been a Terrano owner for 20 years and counting. We have a facebook group. NTCP, Nissan Terrano Club of the Philippines if your interested to join.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello Terranno owners ! I have a 1999 local 2.4 gas. w/ manual transmission. The problem is that sometimes when I suddenly step on the brakes, the hydrovac action stops (no vacuum, so as if nakapatay engine), but returns on my next step. I had a mechanic check it and he says it's ok... Na chamba lang niya kasi na ok yung brakes. So my question is, does anyone know what to check other than the one way valve to the hydrovac, or hoses ? What other components are there ? There seem to be all kinds of brake systems diagram online, not sure which one to study. Tomorrow I plan to first check out what other components there are and how they are connected. I'm not even sure which components are part of the hydrovac vacuum system. Any other suggestions ? Thanks!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
1998-1999 Nissan Terrano Owners(Question)