New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Hi Peeps,

wala lang just wanna recount the incident i had this morning...

I was late, seeing that 15 minutes before 9am cant be cut with my Paj, i decided to take my vfr to work instead. Ho hum ride, but syempre enjoy kasi naka bike. Then, emerald cor sapphire sts in ortigas, ii had to stop coz the traffic aide told us so. fine.

Then when the go signal came, i went through my way across the intersection.

ANAK NG **#%*%)!!!! an FX on the street on my left decided to gun in and take a left turn!!!

Bad thing is, I was in his way!!! The bastard never even bothered to look!!! I mean, i had headlights on and the VFR aint exactly an underbone!!!

Ayun, syempre i countersteered going right but i was afraid to radically change direction as there were other vehicles on my right. BAM!

Everything seemed to happen so fast yet in slow motion.

The fx hit my bike in the area just in front of my knee. I lost control and let go of my bike. flew a couple of feet in the air and landed on my side, then settled around 10 feet on my back.

In true MotoGP fashion, i immediately got up and headed towards the fx.

Buti na lang, the driver was very very apologetic and never once tried blaming me or by god, he wouldve gotten a taste of carbon fiber knuckled gloves.

Checked my bike and miraculously, only some minor scratches on the fairings! As all sport bikers know, this is probably the most expensive pieces of FRP in existence hehe. One of my mirrors and blinkers got thrashed though. plus some chips from my front rims.

So to cut a long story short, i went directly to the office, shot a few emails, went to the presinto, filed a report. Got a major bruise on my hip and some minor cuts lang.

I can not stress the importance of safety gear. I had gloves, a helmet and an RS Taichi (plugging) jacket on. If i didnt, nabagok yung head ko and i wouldve had more flesh wounds on my arms.

Miraculously (again) my helmet did not suffer anything more than a very miniscule scratch. Got a hole in one of my socks and in my jacket but again the damage is negligible.

Now, and perhaps weirldy so, i WANT to ride my bike more. Hey, whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger right?

Ride safe bros!
    tama!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir helmet isang accident lang kahit carbon baka sa second bumigay at wag naman sana.

ok naman na--good.. laki naman nyang bike mo sir PK para di mapansin, pasok pa naman din tunog ng exhaust nyan sa FX...... siguro aka nun underbone na big-bike-look...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Now, and perhaps weirldy so, i WANT to ride my bike more. Hey, whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger right?
    Had 6 accidents in my years of riding motorcycles, and never once thought of quiting. Most recent happened in this country involving a jeepney. He beat the red light and nailed me. Like you I got up with just a few scratches and bruises, thanks to my gears, much to the amazement of some on lookers. Must be rare to see a motorcyclist being T-boned by a jeepney getting up and picking his bike right up after an accident. People must be used to seeing bikers badly injured or dead after an accident like that here.

Good thing you were wearing gears in your encounter with that FX or the result could've been worse. Lucky for the driver to admit his mistake. Being punched by carbon fiber gloves could break a persons jaw.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice to know you're ok, Armand.

Lagyan mo kasi ng freeflow muffler yang bike mo para marinig ka ng mga FX :bwahaha:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good thing you're ok.

Don't put freeflow muffler, magiging riceboy ka nyan. hehehe.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hey chief,

Dont get amused by the small scratch of the helmet. If you will listen to me, again it is just me and based on experience, helmets that have been banged needs replacement. You will never know of there is a hairline crack inside that compromises the integrity of your helmet. You may want to consider this but please do not get offended Just dont compromise safety and you will be good to go again.

Quote:

Modern helmets are constructed from plastics, often reinforced with kevlar or carbon fiber. They generally have fabric and foam interiors for both comfort and protection. Motorcycle helmets are generally designed to break in a crash (thus expending the energy otherwise destined for the wearer's skull), so they provide little or no protection after their first impact. Note that impacts may, of course, come from things other than crashing, such a dropping a helmet, and may not cause any externally visible damage. For the best protection, helmets should be replaced after any impact, and every three or so years even if no impact is known to have occurred.

Yohooo! Color coding ako sa Monday so I can take my bike to work!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Good thing you're ok.

Agree with fireblade though, once a helmet's in a crash, it's bye-bye for that helmet. Need a new one. It's the same for any helmet whether bike, motorcycle, or any other activity.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    a great story to tell your grandchildren someday and you have the battle scar to prove it, yes? buti na lang there's no other vehicles on the road where you fell or else... God forbid.
    speaking of being thrown off the bike, do riders get previous training in defensive fall or similar to "ukemi" in aikido (1. tuck your head, 2. withdraw your arms or tuck your arms to your chest, 3. roll on the soft part of your shoulders, etc)? a balance fall plus protective gear would be every rider's last line of defense.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti na lang ok ka. :clap:

kung may nangyari sayo mawawalan ako ng trading vict....ahem, partner

but in all seriousness this kind of thing is no joke...buti na lang ok ang safety gear and survival instincts mo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
My First MC Accident - I SURVIVED!!!