New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Peeps,

wala lang just wanna recount the incident i had this morning...

I was late, seeing that 15 minutes before 9am cant be cut with my Paj, i decided to take my vfr to work instead. Ho hum ride, but syempre enjoy kasi naka bike. Then, emerald cor sapphire sts in ortigas, ii had to stop coz the traffic aide told us so. fine.

Then when the go signal came, i went through my way across the intersection.

ANAK NG **#%*%)!!!! an FX on the street on my left decided to gun in and take a left turn!!!

Bad thing is, I was in his way!!! The bastard never even bothered to look!!! I mean, i had headlights on and the VFR aint exactly an underbone!!!

Ayun, syempre i countersteered going right but i was afraid to radically change direction as there were other vehicles on my right. BAM!

Everything seemed to happen so fast yet in slow motion.

The fx hit my bike in the area just in front of my knee. I lost control and let go of my bike. flew a couple of feet in the air and landed on my side, then settled around 10 feet on my back.

In true MotoGP fashion, i immediately got up and headed towards the fx.

Buti na lang, the driver was very very apologetic and never once tried blaming me or by god, he wouldve gotten a taste of carbon fiber knuckled gloves.

Checked my bike and miraculously, only some minor scratches on the fairings! As all sport bikers know, this is probably the most expensive pieces of FRP in existence hehe. One of my mirrors and blinkers got thrashed though. plus some chips from my front rims.

So to cut a long story short, i went directly to the office, shot a few emails, went to the presinto, filed a report. Got a major bruise on my hip and some minor cuts lang.

I can not stress the importance of safety gear. I had gloves, a helmet and an RS Taichi (plugging) jacket on. If i didnt, nabagok yung head ko and i wouldve had more flesh wounds on my arms.

Miraculously (again) my helmet did not suffer anything more than a very miniscule scratch. Got a hole in one of my socks and in my jacket but again the damage is negligible.

Now, and perhaps weirldy so, i WANT to ride my bike more. Hey, whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger right?

Ride safe bros!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ouch... good thing that you are still in one piece... buti naka full safety gear ka (unlike a lot of riders who doesn't even wear a jacket or gloves).

Btw, KG for LBJ in our Keeper League?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nice to know that you're ok PK. Kahit gano ka pa ka-responsible, problema naman ay yun mga nasa paligid mo. Goodthing at naka full gear ka. Sayang, kung naging a-hole yun FX driver, natikman nya sana ang gloves mo.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Wow, cyborg!

Buti hindi ganun kalala yung damage, both on the bike and your person. Pero I think a trip to the hospital is called for, just to be on the safe side.

Yet another reason to invest in quality motorcycle safety gear.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Boss Pk mejo di maganda ang nagyari sa inyo

better pa check up po kayo ,buti na lang malupit mga gears ninyo

(lufeet din ng MC nyo ...IDOL talaga kayo)
    ganito po ba ?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PK kasi, haharang harang e!

hehehe.. biro lang. buti naman walang nangyaring masama sayo may nakabantay ata sayo e ;)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dapat gulpihin pa rin yung driver kahit nag apologize hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe, thanks John! Honestly, porma habol ko sa (almost) full battle armor. I think it saved me from a lot of pain and probably even some broken bones.

Funny lang. First thing i thought of after standing up was the bike.

Payag ako pare kay KG basta ba samahan mo ng isa pang 1st rounder haha!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir Lemon, haha! Im not a violent person naman..... i think. Pero sulit talaga yung gloves. Pwede pang golf pwede rin pang UFC

sir Bogey, thanks po. Will do that tomorrow. So far i think utak ko lang may problem.

boss boeing, thanks po Actually ganto po siya

tebs, long time no hear pre! Alam mo naman sabi nila, masamang damo.... haha!

BB, haha, takot ako sa karma.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    glad youre ok sir. nice bike

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
My First MC Accident - I SURVIVED!!!