New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I live and work in an Engineering environment in mainland China and I have been watching with interest the comments regarding China manufacturing quality.
    As the Director of Engineering for a western owned company, I have to deal with local Chinese manufacturing companies every day.

Please take it from me that when a Chinese factory sources materials to produce something, they will find the absolute cheapest material they can lay their hands on to do the job. It may look the same on the outside, but trust me, it is nothing like what you would find from a Japanese supplier.

A lot of Chinese motorcycles are made using tooling that was purchased from Honda or Suzuki when they stopped manufacturing that particular model (or when it had finished it's life cycle) and then copied in order to make locally made Chinese products.
    Now you may think that you are buying a Honda CB125 model with a different badge on the tank, and I've seen probably 20 different makes of bikes which all look like Hondas or Suzukis, but that's where the similarity ends.

Also for your information, don't even think of ever buying a used bike from China which has been exported. I have been living and working here for 5 years and I have NEVER seen any bike which after it has left the showroom has not even been cleaned EVER! They certainly NEVER get any maintenance whatsoever. This goes for anything. Motobikes, schooters, bicycles...everone is absolutely filthy dirty, rusting, and generally completely uncared for.

I hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    Peeps, opinion lang ha. There is only ONE motorcycle manufacturer to consider here in the philippines, at least when it comes to big bikes, and that is HONDA.

Not for anything else but for parts! Your best bet to maintaining your bike in top shape. Ang hirap humanap ng Suzuki and Kawasaki parts mga chong! Yamaha, medyo marami rin but not as much as honda parts. VFR ko dami parts sa caloocan sales. Of course, im not saying those parts are cheap but at least theyre there!
    +1 sa parts talaga magkakatalo. Some parts ng honda bikes eh galing sa kotse. yun lang honda na xrm kahit saan yata may gumagawa at may tindahan ng piyesa pero ang suzuki raider kelangan pa umorder sa thailand and may waiting time yun pagdating ng piyesa so how much more kung bigger displacement bikes pa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may alam akong china bike, big bike talaga ang dating. ganda ng porma. mabuti na lang maganda ang porma kasi hanggang dun na lang yun. parating sira, kaya naka porma na lang sa garahe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    yun mga big bike fro china sirain talaga like z200 and others, i have a lifan saturn 110cc form china also pero wala pa naman major nasira. medyo barabal din ko gamitin yun kasi motor, kahit lubak pinapadaan. Pinalitan palang sa akin yun rear shocks ko kasi 2 pa mins ang angkas ko, dayo ng basketball.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    waste of money kasi porma lang ang maganda pero ang makina mahina..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajrona View Post
    waste of money kasi porma lang ang maganda pero ang makina mahina..
    i agree...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yung z200 sa unang tingin kala ko dati big bike eh. hehe! pero pag sa arangkada na nahihirapan.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dopamine101 View Post
    yung z200 sa unang tingin kala ko dati big bike eh. hehe! pero pag sa arangkada na nahihirapan.
    nakasubk ka na ba ng z200 sir? meron din kse kong z200 eh... umaabot ng 140kph, ang modification ko lang is change the sprocket and racing CDI gamit ko... two years na yung bike pero maayos naman ang takbo... baka naman di mo pa nasubukan ang z200, and akala mo lang yang sinasabi mo po...

anyway, the z200 is a great starter bike, and it has a big bike feel... with 2 front disk break and 1 rear disk break, plus inverted fork, san ka pa? again of course, this is not a big bike, so dont compare... pero in terms of reliability and overall quality, panalo ang z200!!! remember, yung "japanese" bikes na XRM and raiders, e for philippine market lang, dito lang sa pinas po ginagawa yan.... my 2 cents...

pm me if interested, 45k... kaya ko binebenta kse i wanna buy na a car... pang DP... email me at hibaya14*yahoo.com if interested...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paraphilius View Post
    nakasubk ka na ba ng z200 sir? meron din kse kong z200 eh... umaabot ng 140kph, ang modification ko lang is change the sprocket and racing CDI gamit ko... two years na yung bike pero maayos naman ang takbo... baka naman di mo pa nasubukan ang z200, and akala mo lang yang sinasabi mo po...

anyway, the z200 is a great starter bike, and it has a big bike feel... with 2 front disk break and 1 rear disk break, plus inverted fork, san ka pa? again of course, this is not a big bike, so dont compare... pero in terms of reliability and overall quality, panalo ang z200!!! remember, yung "japanese" bikes na XRM and raiders, e for philippine market lang, dito lang sa pinas po ginagawa yan.... my 2 cents...

pm me if interested, 45k... kaya ko binebenta kse i wanna buy na a car... pang DP... email me at hibaya14*yahoo.com if interested...
    not necessarily, Philippines will be too lucky to manufacture these bikes, for all you know all these are assembled from CKD parts made in Thailand and mostly available in SEA markets...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    sir sorry to read about your bike being stolen. i hope the thieves get whats coming to them.

regarding china bikes, i own and ride an unknown china brand bike for two years already. all i can say is the quality of the product certainly doesn't compare to a branded (ie. honda, yama, kwak, etc...). its fairings vibrate incessantly. screws and bolts fall off every now and then. as previously mentioned the metals and electricals on the units are not that good.

with that in mind, if you work within its limitation then you have a good bike on your hands. don't compare it to something its not. it is a grade on its own. yes some of the parts on my bike has broken down. typical wear and tear. clutch cables, rectifier, break pads, etc... but i quickly replaced them with durable and quality parts. i try not buy any china made spare parts if i can help it but if i am forced to buy a chinese brand i make sure its the top of the line china brand. i also make it a point to maintain my bike regularly. using quality engine oils available in the local market (yes i don't buy imported oils. shell lang o kaya castrol ok na ako.).

i guess what im trying to say is if you take care of your china made bike and work within its limits it will last you for quite a long time. its dirt cheap and the availability of its spare parts are unbeatable.

i ride a cbr150 clone, 150cc (stock) by the way. i use it almost every day, rain or shine, my bike gets subjected to the extreme weather of our country almost daily. i've ridden it through the toughest storm and the hottest day, and it rarely fails me. yes it will not win me any races but its fast enough for my taste (heck if i wanted to race ill get a fast bike like a raider 150 or a superbike like a yam R1). the looks of the bike isn't bad either, when i ride on the road, i still get the occassional appreciative glances from the people i meet on the road. as a matter of fact, humility aside, my bike had a few closeups on a couple of tv shows already. talo pa ako. hehehe.

with regards to the slow speed of the bike, im assuming its still new, i too experienced the same thing when i first rode on my bike (50-70kph tops). however as the engine got broken in the top speed increased significantly (current top is around 120kph). maybe sir your bike is still in its breaking in period then thats why it was still slow? i guess now we'll never know....

ride safe always!

peace.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Motorcycle from China