New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    most of the drivers dito, natuto lang humawak, nagkakalisensya na, lalo na ang mga tricycle, xrms drivers.. walang proper education pa..
    natuto mag atras abante ng kotse driver na daw sila.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    actually I think kelangan every renewal ng drivers' licenses eh may re-evaluation ang drivers (riders as well) bago mabigyan ng renewal ang bagsak balik sa driving school, tapos yung evaluation dapat computer driven kahit objective type man lang na computerized (written exam) pag computerized kasi pwedeng i-shuffle ang mga choices, saka mga tanong kaya walang kopyahan, tapos the results will be direct-to-LTO, para sure na walang lagayan bagsak kung bagsak...
    meron pa din... ang technique nila ngayon, since computer generated na nga yung mga questionaires, pag may linalakad, piprint na nung computer operator yung questionaire tapos mamarkahan na nila yung mga tamang sagot tapos ibibigay dun sa examinee... they don't realize that they are putting other road users in danger... mga pakshet!!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Dapat, yung mga kukuha ng Restriction 1 (for motorcycles) should have driven a car for at least one year. That'll probably give them the perspective of car drivers when they do ride their 2-wheeled rides.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Dapat, yung mga kukuha ng Restriction 1 (for motorcycles) should have driven a car for at least one year. That'll probably give them the perspective of car drivers when they do ride their 2-wheeled rides.
    or the other way around...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Here in our country, there's no designated lane/s for motorcycles. Thus, you could see them in all lanes. Most of them are racing, trying to overtake other vehicles like snakes - swerving from lane to lane.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Here in our country, there's no designated lane/s for motorcycles. Thus, you could see them in all lanes. Most of them are racing, trying to overtake other vehicles like snakes - swerving from lane to lane.
    In America there are no designated lanes for motorcycles and things are still better there than they are here. Like I said, no amount of laws or segregation can improve the road conditions here, unless somebody in the government takes a stand and tries to change the attitudes of people in this country. I teach road safety and driving in the company I work for, and every pinoy employee I train fails the first time around.

How can the conditions improve here, when the government officials are just as ignorant as the masses. I've read on another site that some Philippine city's are proposing or have implemented a ban on helmets for motorcycle riders to stop crime. WTF!! are they smoking! Banning the single most important thing a biker should have.

Motorcycle lanes are good if implemented correctly. They should be at least the size of two car lanes and be blocked off on both sides to keep the UNDISCIPLINED drivers from using them as a passing lane and should be for motorcycles only. NO Bicycles! Bicycles are not motorized vehicles and cannot do 70-80 kph or more. Now, if you think about it, where will the government get the funds to build a motorcycle lane with these specifications on all roads and highways? And do you think car drivers here are willing to sacrifice 3 lanes of their un-safe roads to give motorcyclists their own lane? I don't think so.

Lets take a look at why motorcyclists here swerve like snakes. They do it because they can. Its natural for people here to do things that they know are wrong but do them anyway because they can get away with it. If cars were as small and maneuverable as a motorcycle then most car drivers would do the same. I see car drivers swerve like snakes whenever the gap between vehicles is enough to fit their car in and they also do it without signaling(happens way too often during rush hours), so what makes them so different from motorcyclists? Not a whole lot. It takes discipline to not do things that are wrong even if you know you could get away with doing them. Sadly though, a majority of road users here lack that one thing. DISCIPLINE.

I do my part in trying to educate my fellow employees about how to drive a vehicle properly but it is a futile exercise until the government gets strict with law enforcement and force people here to follow the rules all the time.

I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head in amazement.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    So those applying for Restriction 2 should be able to drive a bike also for a year?

it just boils down to 3 words:

"LACK OF DISIPLINE"

yan ang wala sa 80-95% ng mga drivers ng pilipinas...aminin na natin, maraming professionals/elite din na walang disiplina pag nagmamaneho na!

edit--> sige na nga 79-94%

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Motorcycles are the #1 cause of corruption in our government!

Dumptrucks should be elected in senate.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    it just boils down to 3 words:

"LACK OF DISIPLINE"

yan ang wala sa 80-95% ng mga drivers ng pilipinas...aminin na natin, maraming professionals/elite din na walang disiplina pag nagmamaneho na!

edit--> sige na nga 79-94%
    Look at the bus lanes. You could see buses out of the lane and private cars inside the lane. But I noticed, the MMDA enforcers don't apprehend the bus drivers who are off the lane. Sa mga private car drivers kasi malamang kumita pa sila.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Motorcycle 6 feet Under!