featured in Makina...

Kaabo Wolf Warrior - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    DDVA+600 ;)

Sent using Tapatalk
    Mukhang maliit ah. Was thinking medyo malaki sya. Wala pa kasi stock eh!

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Mukhang maliit ah. Was thinking medyo malaki sya. Wala pa kasi stock eh!

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Meron na uli. ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My Cruise V2

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Anyone have any experience with Xiaomi M365 battery/BMS-related troubleshooting?

The unit is an M365 Pro.

Just to give a background of what I've done so far....

1. Initial state - No power, won't charge (charger LED remains green when plugged into scooter)
    2. Initial diagnosis - Discharge cable output reads 3.2V (nominal should be 36-42V). The batteries are over-discharged
    3. Action taken - Back-feed charger into the discharge cable to raise the battery voltage back to nominal
    4. Results - Discharge cables now reads 38.7V and the scooter powers up normally with no errors, which also suggests that the BMS is communicating properly with the ESC module.
    5. Persistent issue - The BMS is still not taking a charge through the charging port/cable

The battery and BMS assembly (12800 mAh / 474 Wh) is packed in an aluminum case and the one YouTube video I saw hints that servicing this type of pack practically means destroying it.

Trying to solicit any Hail-Mary procedure before I consider buying a new BMS/Battery pack.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Xiaomi M365 battery/BMS-related troubleshooting?

The unit is an M365 Pro.

Just to give a background of what I've done so far....

1. Initial state - No power, won't charge (charger LED remains green when plugged into scooter)
    2. Initial diagnosis - Discharge cable output reads 3.2V (nominal should be 36-42V). The batteries are over-discharged
    3. Action taken - Back-feed charger into the discharge cable to raise the battery voltage back to nominal
    4. Results - Discharge cables now reads 38.7V and the scooter powers up normally with no errors, which also suggests that the BMS is communicating properly with the ESC module.
    5. Persistent issue - The BMS is still not taking a charge through the charging port/cable

The battery and BMS assembly (12800 mAh / 474 Wh) is packed in an aluminum case and the one YouTube video I saw hints that servicing this type of pack practically means destroying it.

Trying to solicit any Hail-Mary procedure before I consider buying a new BMS/Battery pack.

the BMS should protect the battery from over-discharging.., btw how did you recharge the battery? does the batter have external ports past the BMS?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    it looks like your battery is just a battery with no built-in protection system.

your ESC also acts as the BMS, from the picture, i can see the main battery cable and the balance charging port.

maybe you can install a new BMS module that will handle the charging of the batteries

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    the BMS should protect the battery from over-discharging.., btw how did you recharge the battery? does the batter have external ports past the BMS?
    See procedure #3.

Normally on these scooters, once the battery voltage has been raised to within the nominal voltage, the normal charging circuit should allow the batteries to be recharged.

it looks like your battery is just a battery with no built-in protection system.

your ESC also acts as the BMS, from the picture, i can see the main battery cable and the balance charging port.

maybe you can install a new BMS module that will handle the charging of the batteries
    Those aren't balance cables. Documentation states that they are data/communication wires between the BMS and ESC. The BMS is inside the battery pack, as with the screengrab below. The charging cable also goes directly to the BMS. The ESC module doesn't manage the charging, one way or another. It just receives battery and charge status from the BMS via the data cables.

Last edited by oj88; August 31st, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ah i see, is the charging port passes thru the ESC? i was confused why the battery will have 3.2V only

its possible that one of the lithium packs are not in sync with the other packs. in my power tool battery pack, sometimes i need to charge the cells individually.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ah i see, is the charging port passes thru the ESC? i was confused why the battery will have 3.2V only

its possible that one of the lithium packs are not in sync with the other packs. in my power tool battery pack, sometimes i need to charge the cells individually.
    The charging port bypasses the ESC. The wires go straight to the BMS/Battery pack.

Yes, the battery pack was apparently overdischarged. I may try back-feed charging again through the main discharge lines to get the individual cell voltages higher. I hope by doing so opens up the BMS to accept regular charging.... if it's not yet beyond repair.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast