New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Chief View Post
    Thoughts about them?

I plan on buying one for commuting to work.

I'm eyeing the Boosted Rev, $1,600 siya, and mukhang reliable naman and fast based sa reviews. It can go 40kmh with a 30km range. Gagamitin ko pang commute minsan. If magustuhan ko, baka yun na gamitin ko for work.

Ok rin yung brand na Dualtron. Pero mahal, abot ₱200,000.

Meron ba dito may alam sa electric scooter? Ayoko kasi mag invest masyado, mahirap na pano ayusin pag masira dito sa Pilipinas. Mahal at hassle naman masyado to ship it back.
    Bro, join Electric Kick Scooter Philippines on Facebook. They also have a marketplace.

And contrary to what you said, marami actualy dito shops who cater to maintenance needs ng electric scooter. And just like cars, they have a PMS.

Join the group para makita mo spec sheet of all available scooters in the PH. Price, range, max speed, weight and other specs are included int he spec sheet. Helpful din kasi may maps sila denoting where we are allowed, where passable ang roads and where hindi passable, guide to helmets and minimum safety gear, etc. Helpful yung page!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    ok lang ang electric kick scooter if you have something lightweight like xiaomi (as a "last mile" option). easy to stash in the trunk etc

but the bigger ones, kalokohan lang yan. so heavy! and people are using them as stand-up motorcycles (long distance commute) but they have tiny wheels so they get tripped up by the smallest road imperfections.

what i use is this but black color. frame is made in ukraine. mine is over 3000W will easily lift the front wheel. since it's a bicycle you're seated and has good dynamics i.e. not accident prone like the electric kick scoots

3. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    ok lang ang electric kick scooter if you have something lightweight like xiaomi (as a "last mile" option). easy to stash in the trunk etc

but the bigger ones, kalokohan lang yan. so heavy! and people are using them as stand-up motorcycles (long distance commute) but they have tiny wheels so they get tripped up by the smallest road imperfections.

what i use is this but black color. frame is made in ukraine. mine is over 3000W will easily lift the front wheel. since it's a bicycle you're seated and has good dynamics i.e. not accident prone like the electric kick scoots

I use the Mijia as a last mile. usually park the car somewhere and travel by scooter.

But i beg to disagree na "kalokohan lang yan" for the bigger scoots. Those tiny wheels you are talking about are either tubeless or honeycombed to absorb road imperfections, coupled with good suspension systems for the bigger scoots. The bigger scoots are indeed heavy, but this is due to the heavier and sturdier frames and more-powerful motors. TOTL scooters have a raneg of more than 80km in one charging, and reach 60km/hr easily.

The only reason why scooters feel vulnerable is because they're tiny, and many of the new users do not have any experience biking or motorcycling along the mains roads side by side with cars. It's the mobility of the scooters that appeal to the commuters who want an alternative method of commuting.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    I use the Mijia as a last mile. usually park the car somewhere and travel by scooter.

But i beg to disagree na "kalokohan lang yan" for the bigger scoots. Those tiny wheels you are talking about are either tubeless or honeycombed to absorb road imperfections, coupled with good suspension systems for the bigger scoots. The bigger scoots are indeed heavy, but this is due to the heavier and sturdier frames and more-powerful motors. TOTL scooters have a raneg of more than 80km in one charging, and reach 60km/hr easily.

The only reason why scooters feel vulnerable is because they're tiny, and many of the new users do not have any experience biking or motorcycling along the mains roads side by side with cars. It's the mobility of the scooters that appeal to the commuters who want an alternative method of commuting.

good for you. yan naman talaga ng purpose ng lightweight EKS. pang "last km", not for long-distance commutes

if you're going to travel long distances then why bother w/ those big heavy expen$ive EKS'es? they s*ck at pretty much everything when you compare them to any vehicle i'm gonna tell you why:

1) they're heavy at around 50KG! you can't easily carry them around so you have to leave them in the parking area. so what's the point? bumile ka nalang ng underbone or gas scoot

2) you're standing. high center of gravity. tapos short wheelbase. small wheels. kaya unstable. accident prone

3) can't do off-road. can't hop onto the curb. can't roll over many obstacles. can't even go through small puddles of water

just enjoy your mijia. ok yan. i want one. but the bigger EKS, kalokohan lang

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I was in a gas station along Taft last week and I saw a Petrol powered scooter...

My thoughts on scooters...

Bawal dapat sya sa road (e.g. like Singapore)

sidewalk lang dapat.

Being a driver... nakakainis na nga yung mga motorcycle...

scooters are even smaller (mahirap makita sa side mirror), obviously sa right side din "overtake" nila and swerte mo kung titigil ng maayos in an emergency.

to add na ang didilim ng roads natin tapos ang baba ng lights ng electric scooter

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    MMDA is discouraging electric scooters on major roads

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/moto...ef=home_feed_1

7. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    good for you. yan naman talaga ng purpose ng lightweight EKS. pang "last km", not for long-distance commutes

if you're going to travel long distances then why bother w/ those big heavy expen$ive EKS'es? they s*ck at pretty much everything when you compare them to any vehicle i'm gonna tell you why:

1) they're heavy at around 50KG! you can't easily carry them around so you have to leave them in the parking area. so what's the point? bumile ka nalang ng underbone or gas scoot

2) you're standing. high center of gravity. tapos short wheelbase. small wheels. kaya unstable. accident prone

3) can't do off-road. can't hop onto the curb. can't roll over many obstacles. can't even go through small puddles of water

just enjoy your mijia. ok yan. i want one. but the bigger EKS, kalokohan lang
    one word: MOBILITY. Eto naman yung selling point ng scooters eh. Almost the same reason why bikes are on the road, as well as e-bikes.

1) I suggest you read muna about scooters. Some scooters that can go long distance only weight 20kg, and can be easily folded and carried. The big scoots yes pwede iwan sa parking, which isnt any different from the bikes na iniiwan sa parking, which negates the "you can't easily carry them around so you have to leave them in the parking area."

2) I do admit na small wheels and scooters, which is its main disadvantage kasi ramdam mo yung lubak and all the road imperfections. But many good scooters have really good suspension, so yung maliit na gulong nalang ang problema. As for the "high center of gravity", don't bikes also have high centers of gravity? Bikes are also unstable and it would cause more injury as your hips ride higher on a bike than on a scooter, which means you fall from a higher height.

3) Cant do off-road: true, but why would you even think of doing off road on a scooter??

Can't hop on curbs: Again, why would you want to hop on curbs? Motorcycles cant hop on curbs easily, and bikes also cant hop on curbs, unless gagawin mo to sa trail or sa area na walang traffic. Only a man not in his right mind would think of doing this.
    Cant roll over many obstacles: Potholes? Humps? Kahit naman ata kotse di mo sasadyain i-roll over sa obstacles unless di talaga maiiwasan di po ba? )

Cant go through small puddles of water: For some small scooters, hazard ang small puddles if malalim. ground clearance is around 20mm lang, so deep puddles will cause damage sa electrical system. But, a solution would be to waterproof the scoot using sealant, and you're good to go!

And para sa "bumili ka nalang ng gas scoot", what's the point kung kokontrahin mo lang din yung pagbili mo dahil lang sa points raised sa number 3?

I do admit maraming limitations ang scooter, especially in the rain. But if it gets me from point A to B then it does it's job. The closes comparison to this would be a bike on the road. Same safety principles apply, same slim profile, same "high center of gravity". Only difference is one is human-powered while the other is mechanical powered. Think about it, why are we so against scooters pero pag bikes okay lang?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I was in a gas station along Taft last week and I saw a Petrol powered scooter...

My thoughts on scooters...

Bawal dapat sya sa road (e.g. like Singapore)

sidewalk lang dapat.

Being a driver... nakakainis na nga yung mga motorcycle...

scooters are even smaller (mahirap makita sa side mirror), obviously sa right side din "overtake" nila and swerte mo kung titigil ng maayos in an emergency.

to add na ang didilim ng roads natin tapos ang baba ng lights ng electric scooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    MMDA is discouraging electric scooters on major roads

https://www.topgear.com.ph/news/moto...ef=home_feed_1
    If you saw yung nahuli ng MMDA sa EDSA, bawal talaga yun. We are not allowed on EDSA and C5 and major roads talaga.

As for scooters sa pedestrian lane, if malapad and may dedicated bike lane (like in BGC) that's where we ride. We do admit na sa roads kami dadaan, but this is more of "where do we pass" and not by choice.

I was initially against the idea of using a scooter. But the HORRIBLE traffic situation in the Metro has forced me to look for alternative methods of transportation. Just like the ones who gave up their cars for bikes or motorcycles.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    If you saw yung nahuli ng MMDA sa EDSA, bawal talaga yun. We are not allowed on EDSA and C5 and major roads talaga.

As for scooters sa pedestrian lane, if malapad and may dedicated bike lane (like in BGC) that's where we ride. We do admit na sa roads kami dadaan, but this is more of "where do we pass" and not by choice.

I was initially against the idea of using a scooter. But the HORRIBLE traffic situation in the Metro has forced me to look for alternative methods of transportation. Just like the ones who gave up their cars for bikes or motorcycles.
    exactly.

local infrastructure is not there.

nakaka--inis na nga motorcycle/kuliglig sa daan kasi singit ng singit... and now we have scooters.

As I mentioned earlier... petrol scooters along Taft!
    Yes, madali sila huliin sa EDSA pero paano naman sa smaller roads. May naka-illegal parking na nga, may biglang motorcycle pa na susulpot... tapos scooter?

Scooters make a lot of sense as a last mile transport... Gate ng village to your house? or in places where there's a bike lane.

Singapore is studying insurance for scooter riders thanks to a recent statistic of 3 accidents per week.

We can't have the infrastructure, pero siguro naman we can ask Scooter riders to pay for damage to cars during an accident.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    exactly.

local infrastructure is not there.

nakaka--inis na nga motorcycle/kuliglig sa daan kasi singit ng singit... and now we have scooters.

As I mentioned earlier... petrol scooters along Taft!
    Yes, madali sila huliin sa EDSA pero paano naman sa smaller roads. May naka-illegal parking na nga, may biglang motorcycle pa na susulpot... tapos scooter?

Scooters make a lot of sense as a last mile transport... Gate ng village to your house? or in places where there's a bike lane.

Singapore is studying insurance for scooter riders thanks to a recent statistic of 3 accidents per week.

We can't have the infrastructure, pero siguro naman we can ask Scooter riders to pay for damage to cars during an accident.
    I'm sure responsible scooter owners will pay for the damages incurred during an accident if proven na sila mali, and vice versa for car owners.

Although scooters are ideally a last-mile resort, ideal is not always practical. And in our setting, leaving the house at 430AM for an 8AM job isn't practical either.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast