New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Actually wala na gaanong nag-iinstall ng fake TEs.

From say the Jimny to LCs. Lahat yan pagnag change ng wheels original volks ang nakakabit. I havent seen a fake set installed on those cars.

A couple friends own aftermarket offroad shops, mas mabenta pa volks compare sa black rhino or fuel. And couple that with a thinking of “ I have japanese truck so Ill install Japanese rims”
    If you look at the Vios, Civic, Altis groups, marami pa rin.

Doesn’t make sense din naman to me to spend 6 digits on wheels for a car that only costs 1M (or less). Sulit na Rota for these econoboxes kaysa fake Volks/Advan/Vossen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The only thing I'd like to do on my cars is getting rid of the chromed bits because personally, I find them tacky. But I understand why some would go for a look that is different from the rest. People value their individuality. Like how nobody really wants to show up at the office in the same clothes. I just draw the line at those kits that make a midsized SUV look like its full sized brother. Or make a Toyota look like a Lexus. But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to do whatever the heck they want with their money.
    Same here. i was called the Anti-chrome ever since the early 90's since i first had a car to modify i would take out or cover the chrome bits, and during those days taking out the chrome was such a big hassle and took a lot of painstaking work. Buti nga now mayrun na plastidip and those wrap that can dechrome a car.

People like to individualize and sometime an expression of themselves. it makes their unit stand out in a parking space but a lot of people overdo it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Actually wala na gaanong nag-iinstall ng fake TEs.

From say the Jimny to LCs. Lahat yan pagnag change ng wheels original volks ang nakakabit. I havent seen a fake set installed on those cars.

A couple friends own aftermarket offroad shops, mas mabenta pa volks compare sa black rhino or fuel. And couple that with a thinking of “ I have japanese truck so Ill install Japanese rims”
    I follow good shops on FB dami rin talaga bumibili original.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I’ve kept to stock or same/related brand for rims as well. Linis lang tingnan. Been looking for a set for an e70 pero may kamahalan din lalo na if runflats (no spare).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    https://www.carscoops.com/2021/07/ho...aventador-svj/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ako din, i like to keep it stock.. kung mag upgrade, using OEM parts din from the higher trim. ayoko masyado madami burloloy, hirap mag punas eh..

minsan na daan ako sa isang shop selling aftermarket parts for mazda 3 skyactiv.. the shop sells the new diamond grill from the latest mazda 3 model that can "fit" daw for the previous model..

upon installation, halatang hindi fit yung grill due to large gaps on the sides, although somewhat fit.. but not exact eh.. pinilit lang mag kasya... and to think the grill cost around 5k yata.

ang binili ko na lang yung OEM hood insulator.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Facelifting for me should be function first, form later. Was thinking of putting rear spoiler, but spoiler intended function only comes when your speed is 160kph.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234