New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    mga sir.. ask ko lang kung ano kaya pinaka ok sa mga pinagpipilian ko and bakit,

a. Technical Details
    b. Optimum Impressions
    c. ATMT Car Care Santolan

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sowss View Post
    mga sir.. ask ko lang kung ano kaya pinaka ok sa mga pinagpipilian ko and bakit,

a. Technical Details
    b. Optimum Impressions
    c. ATMT Car Care Santolan

Thanks in advance!
    OI.. Gtechniq 5yrs warranty and the price is good. That is where most of us had our coating

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Share ko lang experience ko with Ceramic Coating from MDPro - Manila Detailing Professional.

I opted for them because of a referral from a family member and also the cheapest among the known/reputable shops offering Ceramic Coating (7500 for 3 years and 11500 for 5 years using ChemGlaze Nano Ceramic Coating). The price is inclusive of inspection, carwash, iron removal/decontamination, Clay Detailing, Watermark Removal, Paint Correction, Exterior detailing and protection, Mag wheel detailing and coating, pre-cleaning, application of chemglaze and final inspection.

My review:

1. Gloss 4 out 5. The vehicle is glossy.

2. Hydprobic properties . Have not tested yet. will update later.

2. Prep-work etc. - 2 out of 5
    I was disappointed with the prep-work because there are still swirls marks - they only removed about 90% of the swirl marks. There are also still light scratches. They claimed that light scratches cant be removed because they are too deep or the clear coat is too thin. I don't know any better but in my opinion since the scratches can't be felt by hand and are only visible under certain angles or light, they are still considered light scratches.
    Also, I noticed that white powder residue (which must have come from the polishing) got into the crevises (windows and the gaps around the vehicle).

But what really ticked me off is their claim and assurance that they did the mags. When i got the car, i noticed that the mags are a bit dirty, i asked if they forgot to do the mags and they assured me that they detailed and coated the mags. However, upon closer inspection, i noticed that some of the plastic cover of the mags (factory plastic) is still there. the paper sticker that was on the mags and the tire ( i think it was used by the factory to align the mags and the tire) are still there. Clearly, the mags have not been cleaned/detailed contrary to their claim.

Disappointing. but i guess, i got my money's worth. someone can always do it cheaper. but if you want it done right, dont go for the cheapest option.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Share ko lang experience ko with Ceramic Coating from MDPro - Manila Detailing Professional.

I opted for them because of a referral from a family member and also the cheapest among the known/reputable shops offering Ceramic Coating (7500 for 3 years and 11500 for 5 years using ChemGlaze Nano Ceramic Coating). The price is inclusive of inspection, carwash, iron removal/decontamination, Clay Detailing, Watermark Removal, Paint Correction, Exterior detailing and protection, Mag wheel detailing and coating, pre-cleaning, application of chemglaze and final inspection.

My review:

1. Gloss 4 out 5. The vehicle is glossy.

2. Hydprobic properties . Have not tested yet. will update later.

2. Prep-work etc. - 2 out of 5
    I was disappointed with the prep-work because there are still swirls marks - they only removed about 90% of the swirl marks. There are also still light scratches. They claimed that light scratches cant be removed because they are too deep or the clear coat is too thin. I don't know any better but in my opinion since the scratches can't be felt by hand and are only visible under certain angles or light, they are still considered light scratches.
    Also, I noticed that white powder residue (which must have come from the polishing) got into the crevises (windows and the gaps around the vehicle).

But what really ticked me off is their claim and assurance that they did the mags. When i got the car, i noticed that the mags are a bit dirty, i asked if they forgot to do the mags and they assured me that they detailed and coated the mags. However, upon closer inspection, i noticed that some of the plastic cover of the mags (factory plastic) is still there. the paper sticker that was on the mags and the tire ( i think it was used by the factory to align the mags and the tire) are still there. Clearly, the mags have not been cleaned/detailed contrary to their claim.

Disappointing. but i guess, i got my money's worth. someone can always do it cheaper. but if you want it done right, dont go for the cheapest option.
    Thank you for your review. I've heard that Technical Details does a good job.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I need your opinion. What i understand of ceramic coating is limited frompaper-sticker.jpg what i read on forums and blogs and what i see on you tube. But as i understand it, the basic process for mag wheels coating is - 1. Thorough wash; 2. decontamination (to remove iron and brake dust); 3. thorough wash again; and finally 4. Coating.

My question is this: is it possible that after going through the mag coating process, is it possible that:
    1. the dust in the interior of the wheels appear untouched (see pictures below);
    2. the factory plastic in the wheels will still stick / has not been removed (see pictures);
    3. the small paper sticker - used to align the mags and rubber - will still be there (see pictures)

interior-dust-2.jpgplastic.jpgsticker-dust.jpg

Thanks for your help.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    How long was the downtime until you got your car? Kung matagal, dust could have accumulated sa wheels (benefit of the doubt). Usually the important part that they coat is the inner barrel.

Also kung polished siya not sure kung they can coat it. Usually kasi painted areas lang pwede i-coat.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^ceramic coating is for the car's paint... kapag may natira, sinasama na nila yung mags.

I was there nung nagpa-ceramic ako (5 hours) and di naman tinaggal yung mags ko para malinis ng maayos... so labas lang talaga yung may exta linis.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    How long was the downtime until you got your car? Kung matagal, dust could have accumulated sa wheels (benefit of the doubt). Usually the important part that they coat is the inner barrel.

Also kung polished siya not sure kung they can coat it. Usually kasi painted areas lang pwede i-coat.
    it was there for two days. according to them, they coated the mags. i actually thought they might not have coated the mags or simply forgot (judging from the state of the mags) but according to them they did coat the mags.

I thought that when they coated the mags they were supposed to wash and decontaminate to remove iron particles (according to youtube). If they did the decontamination and washing part, the dust and the stickers and plastic would have been removed.

One possibility is that they did coat but did not wash or decontaminate which means that they coated over the stickers and the imperfections /watermarks.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ^ceramic coating is for the car's paint... kapag may natira, sinasama na nila yung mags.

I was there nung nagpa-ceramic ako (5 hours) and di naman tinaggal yung mags ko para malinis ng maayos... so labas lang talaga yung may exta linis.
    Did they wash and decontaminate sir? or wipe only? in my case, the stickers and plastic cover were still there. The sticker is just a simple small circle paper sticker (i think used by casa or the factory to align the mags and the tire). I was expecting that at least they would clean the mags thoroughly to remove the dirt and some minor watermarks / water stains (even if they won't decontaminate) before coating.

For me, its worse it they coated without cleaning because the dirt will be protected by the coating.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Did they wash and decontaminate sir? or wipe only? in my case, the stickers and plastic cover were still there. The sticker is just a simple small circle paper sticker (i think used by casa or the factory to align the mags and the tire). I was expecting that at least they would clean the mags thoroughly to remove the dirt and some minor watermarks / water stains (even if they won't decontaminate) before coating.

For me, its worse it they coated without cleaning because the dirt will be protected by the coating.
    try washing your mags... kapag natanggal yung dirt, I guess wala syang coat.

yung labas ng mags ko were cleaned... kaso naubos yung coating kaya di na umabopt sa mags...

Ceramic coating