New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    That's the ideal thing to do hehe but in cases like when you park on open spaces then umulan and the car is still parked for hours. Magkaka build up pa din ng watermarks both on the glass panels and body paint. The acid rain makes it worst pa.
    I agree bro kaya ideal talaga twice a week ang wash ng car.

Learned it the hard way left the car dirty for a week. Small watermarks can be spotted when parked directly sa light ng garage

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Kaya ako I still stick with the time proven of washing your car regularly (with car shampoo), then apply car wax to maintain the integrity of the paint (like once a month).

Ceramic coating only enhances your car's paint luster (mahal nga lang).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I agree bro kaya ideal talaga twice a week ang wash ng car.

Learned it the hard way left the car dirty for a week. Small watermarks can be spotted when parked directly sa light ng garage

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk
    That’s unusual cause I never wash my cars more than once a week & sometimes every two weeks lang but I don’t have watermarks with rain. As a matter of fact, during the rainy season, I collect tubs of rain water to use as wash water. The tap water in our village is deep well water which is chock full of minerals which when left undried, leaves nasty white watermarks. I do have a Bosch power washer & a blow drier though & wax after every car wash.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Kaya ako I still stick with the time proven of washing your car regularly (with car shampoo), then apply car wax to maintain the integrity of the paint (like once a month).

Ceramic coating only enhances your car's paint luster (mahal nga lang).

I had my car coated with Gtechnique CSL (courtesy of Optimum Impressions) and religiously goes to the carwash (with shampoo ofcourse, don't want my car to accumulate microscratches just because it lacked lubrication when it was being washed) atleast once a week. I am thinking of availing tar/asphalt removal every 6 months and claybar atleast once a year. Glass or ceramic coating does not make my car scratch proof/resistant but I treat it as another layer of protection, more like wax but will stay much longer. It's been 3 months since I had my car coated, and until now I am amazed how shiny it is (even when its dusty).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Clean it when it becomes dirty! You are talking REBIRTH coating shop?
    Yes sir actually sa Rebirth kami sa las pinas

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    That's the ideal thing to do hehe but in cases like when you park on open spaces then umulan and the car is still parked for hours. Magkaka build up pa din ng watermarks both on the glass panels and body paint. The acid rain makes it worst pa.
    Totoo to sir. Lalo na sa panahon natin kahit tag ulan biglang sisikat ang araw at matutuyo nalang yung acid rain. Kaya sakit sa ulo na naka coating ako pero nag kaka watermarks pa din. Hassle.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ceramic / glass coating is the new under chassis coating money making scheme ...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Ceramic / glass coating is the new under chassis coating money making scheme ...
    IMHO, this is only true if you'll believe that you don't need to take care of your car since its already been "coated". It's either you wax it every few months, or have it coated, both options still needs your car to be washed regularly though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb View Post
    IMHO, this is only true if you'll believe that you don't need to take care of your car since its already been "coated". It's either you wax it every few months, or have it coated, both options still needs your car to be washed regularly though.

Which basically boils down to ... If owner is able to take care of the vehicle's paint, then coating is not really necessary ... If the owner does not have the time to do so, then glass coating the vehicle is just a waste ...

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Ceramic coating