New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    We own a 2017 montero sport. My dad is an ofw so ako ang laging gumagamit. Mas mahilig siya sa cars sakin and mas maraming alam.

Nag pa ceramic coating kami last December. 2 coats. Tapos bumalik ako ng February para daw sa "maintenance" at may pinatong sila na isang coat pero hindi daw ceramic coating it.

From what I understand, ceramic coating will protect the paint from minor scratches and keep away dirt and acid rain sa body and windshield.

I think overly hyped kami dahil sabi samin hindi na namin kailangan mag pa car wash or kahit tubig nalang daw wag ng lagyan ng car shampoo.

I don't know. Maybe hindi lang kami properly educated about it or didn't do enough research on it. Our monty is our first car. Nakikita lang namin yung effects nung coating pag bagong car wash kasi makintab. Other than that, wala na. I still see minor scratches.

Any thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Ceramic coating is not a magic shield for your car.
    Yes, it will protect your car's paint but you still need to do regular proper car wash. Watermarks and scratches will still happen if not taken care of asap.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkoy_99 View Post
    Ceramic coating is not a magic shield for your car.
    Yes, it will protect your car's paint but you still need to do regular proper car wash. Watermarks and scratches will still happen if not taken care of asap.
    Sir how often do you suggest cleaning the car? Like for this rainy season we usually wash our car every 2 weeks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jcordon7 View Post
    Sir how often do you suggest cleaning the car? Like for this rainy season we usually wash our car every 2 weeks.
    Clean it when it becomes dirty! You are talking REBIRTH coating shop?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ano yan ceramic coating kagaya sa frying pan panluto?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    From what I understand, ceramic coating will protect the paint from minor scratches and keep away dirt and acid rain sa body and windshield.

I think overly hyped kami dahil sabi samin hindi na namin kailangan mag pa car wash or kahit tubig nalang daw wag ng lagyan ng car shampoo.
    It's over hyped.

You will get scratches, watermarks, rock chips, dirt, mud, grime just like any other car without coating. You will still need to wash your car properly with the proper shampoo to remove stubborn dirt, watermarks, bug splat and what not. Shampoo is still needed to give lubrication to prevent scratches on the coating. Don't take their advice that water is all you need. It's a lie. You can't remove stubborn dirt with water only. Go ahead, try it. Besides, water can leave watermarks as well.

Ceramic coating is just another layer of super shiny "clear coat", nothing more. Yes, it will protect your paint due to the extra layer. But, it will fade away overtime.

Mine is due next year for reapplication (2 years renewal). But, I'm having second thoughts and just go for the regular paint protection. However, my car will lose the super shinny look of ceramic coating. It's a trade off.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Once a week would do. My usual practice is twice or thrice a week

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Once a week would do. My usual practice is twice or thrice a week

True.

You can try a "cleaner wax" after the rainy season also.

Pag alis ng watermarks sa glass panels apply every now and then with a rubbing compound. Para hindi gaano mamuo ang watermarks.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    True.

You can try a "cleaner wax" after the rainy season also.

Pag alis ng watermarks sa glass panels apply every now and then with a rubbing compound. Para hindi gaano mamuo ang watermarks.
    I wipe the glass on my ride after parking it in the garage or any covered space kahit yung ride maputik na to prevent watermarks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I wipe the glass on my ride after parking it in the garage or any covered space kahit yung ride maputik na to prevent watermarks.

That's the ideal thing to do hehe but in cases like when you park on open spaces then umulan and the car is still parked for hours. Magkaka build up pa din ng watermarks both on the glass panels and body paint. The acid rain makes it worst pa.

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast
Ceramic coating