New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the mazda 2 hatch comes in green, blue and red apart from black and white.

the sedan comes in white, silver, gray and black. wth!? hehehe a limited number also comes in bright bright red
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Less color variety, less production run variations, less cost. That's what the main sellers such as Toyota and Honda try to follow. They usually add color variation in the face lift models to boost sales.

I took this cellphone shot of the office parking roof deck a few years ago. Looks like the silvers have it.

My car was one of the silver ones. Easy to maintain but a PITA to match if you have patch paint work. Next color i got was white and i'm very happy as its nice to keep clean and detail although it gets muddy easily on rainy days.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    . . . or maybe, the colors became bland and boring due to wear and torture from being frequently washed by acid rains in the Metro
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; July 7th, 2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: tao lang po . . .

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In the US, most cars also come in the same gray, black, white, beige range.

It's demographics. Most car buyers (anywhere) are older, and older buyers are more conservative with color choices.

The drab range of colors available reflects the fact that you've got to be rich (and usually, older) to afford a car in the Philippines. Look at what's happened to limited editionc ars sold in other colors (aside from pearlescent white)... they don't sell well. The only limited edition color models that sell okay are the cheaper cars... this would be the Mazda2, Jazz, QQ, Picanto, etcetera. Even the Vios sells mostly in silver and white.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Personally, I prefer silver cars. They are more classy and not too loud.
    Loud colors are mostly for the younger croud. I'm 34 so I think I'm getting old.

I would get a white or a black if I had more time to detail my cars.

I remember back in college (90's), most people would paint their cars yellow, pink, green and blue. I think it was cool back then. But IMO, unless your car is a Lambo, then I'd stick with basic colors.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm nowhere near old but I still prefer black, silver or white as my car color of choice. Oh and red too, but not the bright red, but the dark red kind of thing.

Either my taste is for old people or it's just that most cars look better in those colors. Of course, offer me a Genesis Coupe and I'd snap it up in it's bright yellow form.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I just noticed this. As I was looking outside the window of my office, high atop Makati, i've see numerous open parking lots full of cars.

It was a sea of White, Black and Silver. Not much variation of colors. You would see a spot of blue or beige, but you'll notice the absence of yellow, green, orange, and red. I mean real red, not the dark burgendy type of red that from afar looks like any dark color.

There are also probably 20 shades of gray as well.
    20 shades of gray? Hehe.. A year later, a book was publicized titled 50 shades of grey.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    No offense sa mga gray color lover, but it looks dull to me.
    Karamihan ng gray na nakikita ko, wala lang kahit na bagong hilamos sya.

Pero iba pa rin ang black pag malinis, subjective ang dating. Nakakatakot lang sa takip-silim at madaling araw dahil hindi gaanong mapansin. Prone sa aksidente!

Dilaw, pambihira talaga yan sa common parking lot. Pero sa airport marami nyan. Taxi! (smiley)

Other colors, I admire pag alaga sa punas at makintab!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I remembered Toyota introduced blue to the Fortuner, there was even green for the 2001 Altis before. They took it of the succeeding year cuz it didn't sell well...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I remembered Toyota introduced blue to the Fortuner, there was even green for the 2001 Altis before. They took it of the succeeding year cuz it didn't sell well...
    Also Jade Green for Hilux and Innova back in 2009 until 2011 i think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The bland colors of cars in Manila