New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just noticed this. As I was looking outside the window of my office, high atop Makati, i've see numerous open parking lots full of cars.

It was a sea of White, Black and Silver. Not much variation of colors. You would see a spot of blue or beige, but you'll notice the absence of yellow, green, orange, and red. I mean real red, not the dark burgendy type of red that from afar looks like any dark color.

There are also probably 20 shades of gray as well.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I just noticed this. As I was looking outside the window of my office, high atop Makati, i've see numerous open parking lots full of cars.

It was a sea of White, Black and Silver. Not much variation of colors. You would see a spot of blue or beige, but you'll notice the absence of yellow, green, orange, and red. I mean real red, not the dark burgendy type of red that from afar looks like any dark color.

There are also probably 20 shades of gray as well.
    It's the car manufacturers that dictates the colors that they sell. Most Filipino car buyers will be aged 35 and above.

In the US the market is about even between young and not so young so the car selection colors is bigger. Plus the hassle of color change also hampers variety of choices

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'm guessing...there must be a lot of fleet cars? Where dad works, everyone picks their favorite color for their patsikot...silver. Even the top dogs look uniform in a convoy. Reason? I guess that color doesn't sell quite well for Toyota.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Good observation bro. Mguy.

But it used to be that there are a lot of color choices for our vehicles... I remember a Korean who was visiting our company some years ago commented how colorful our vehicles are...He was saying that in Korea (then), the only colors are black and white....

All of my previous cars are various shades of red. Even our other vehicles then.... But right now, the 2 vehicles we purchased some months ago, one is black black and the other is white. Not because we prefer these colors, but we don't have any real choice with the manufacturers....It's a good thing I kept my green van...

10K:dance1:
    Last edited by CVT; June 1st, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I'm guessing...there must be a lot of fleet cars? Where dad works, everyone picks their favorite color for their patsikot...silver. Even the top dogs look uniform in a convoy. Reason? I guess that color doesn't sell quite well for Toyota.

On the other hand, most prefer silver because it is easy to maintain... Dust cannot be readily recognized in a silver car....

10K:dance1:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^Good point! Economic considerations...not having to wash the fleet; being parked under the sun, rain, hail, dust, typhoons, and whatnot. Also environmentally-friendly.

BTW, laging napupuri ang erpat ko dahil maganda at matulin daw yung service nya...always cleaned and maintained by us. Kaya naaawa kami sa ibang auto sa fleet. Nabubulok na lang...tsk tsk tsk.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; June 1st, 2010 at 08:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is so true! In the 90s car companies offered Blue, Red and Green, now it's so monochromatic.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    maybe most car companies consider white, black and silver as the "classic" colors. and usually ata the more unusual colors are available only for the top end variant of a particular model.

Also, the more common colors you see could also be the ones that are easiest to find or source, easiest to make; no more patimpla timpla just to get the right shade of red, only to discover that the shade changes slightly when it dries :D

personally i like white, but it's a real pain to keep it that way. Pag nanalo ako ng lotto ngayong gabi, my next car would definitely be in shades of silver or gray; ung ibang colors kasi parang nakakaumay as time goes by B)
    Last edited by badkuk; June 1st, 2010 at 09:26 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Cherry QQ lang yata comes in bright/neon colors.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I really like the colors of the Cherry QQ. So refreshing to look at. Too bad there are not too much of them on the road.

I did a quick trip of other car manufacturers website within the ASEAN nations and it seems only cars sold in Indonesia comes with a lot of color variants.

I understand the practicality of the Silver or Gray color but isnt there any other color that is easy to maintain? I remember the last 2006 models of CRV had cool tones such as gold and green. They were pretty nice on the eyes and easy to maintain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The bland colors of cars in Manila