New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks arsen, niky.

Medyo kulang yung words. Modify ko na lang : 4 average built/weight pinoy passengers and a non pro average driver. And yung #2 usually pala 60-100 kph test (maybe to simulate how fast a car can overtake.

Sa graph naman, there are differences. Don' t know how significant but math/numbers is an exact science. I think its safe to conclude na 4sp a/t monty vgt will not produce the same HP/TORQUE as the 5sp a/t monty vgt. Sad but true. And worst is we buyers/owners of 1st batch of vgt have been cheated or decieved by MitsuMPC for they publish a wrong figure ( from 5 sp a/t monty vgt ).

I'm just saying.
    Wooosaaahhh. Back to topic.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Math can tell you lots of things, but math based on factory figures will not usually match real world results 1:1.

60-100 is very difficult to measure. If you extract it from the 0-100 km/h time, the "buwelo" from a good launch will carry over. If the launch sucks, the 60-100 is slower.

And if you do 60-100 from a roll.. how are you doing it? Drive 60 then roll on the pedal? You have two problems. What gear are you in, and how long does the engine take to respond?

What happens if you are driving 60.1? Then the data recorder measures a much longer time. If you're starting from 59, then the lag in the response from the engine is not recorded by the data recorder, so 60-100 is faster. If you start from 50, then you have "buwelo" by the time the recorder starts recording, so your 60-100 is much, much faster.

60-100 times for the MS are in the 6.5 second range. Which is why i called foul on the 9 second claim for 0-100 earlier. With a 6.5 second 60-100, you'd need to do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Not gonna happen without 500 horsepower.

Take into account the lack of "buwelo", transmission response and throttle lag, that's around 7.5 - 8.5 seconds in practice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    Thanks arsen, niky.

Medyo kulang yung words. Modify ko na lang : 4 average built/weight pinoy passengers and a non pro average driver. And yung #2 usually pala 60-100 kph test (maybe to simulate how fast a car can overtake.
    MS and Driver only (flat road and calm wind)
    Using 2nd gear 60-100kph in 5.87 seconds (pero nasa redline 4200rpm na ang makina) your average acceleration is 2.07m/sec^2, you will need at least 36meters of space (formula = 0.5 x acceleration x square of time)
    Using 3rd gear 60-100kph in 8.96 seconds. your average acceleration is 1.31m/sec^2, you will need at least 53meters of space (0.5 x 1.31m/s^2 x (8.96s)^2)

MS and Driver + 1px * 80kgs (flat road and calm wind)
    Using 2nd gear 60-100kph in 6.09 seconds (pero nasa redline 4200rpm na ang makina) your average acceleration is 1.99m/sec^2, you will need at least 37meters of space
    Using 3rd gear 60-100kph in 9.32 seconds. your average acceleration is 1.26m/sec^2, you will need at least 55meters of space

MS and Driver + 4px * 80kgs each (flat road and calm wind)
    Using 2nd gear 60-100kph in 6.75 seconds (pero nasa redline 4200rpm na ang makina) your average acceleration is 1.78m/sec^2, you will need at least 41meters of space
    Using 3rd gear 60-100kph in 10.41 seconds. your average acceleration is 1.12m/sec^2, you will need at least 61meters of space

Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    Sa graph naman, there are differences. Don' t know how significant but math/numbers is an exact science. I think its safe to conclude na 4sp a/t monty vgt will not produce the same HP/TORQUE as the 5sp a/t monty vgt. Sad but true. And worst is we buyers/owners of 1st batch of vgt have been cheated or decieved by MitsuMPC for they publish a wrong figure ( from 5 sp a/t monty vgt ).

I'm just saying.
    Wooosaaahhh. Back to topic.
    The difference is on the gear. The gear multiplies the torque so you can feel better acceleration in 5AT compared with 4AT.
    But this is true only during the initial launch of the vehicle.

once nasa 3rd gear na ang 4AT then nasa 4th gear naman ang 5AT halos patas na ang laban kasi 1:1 na ang gear ratio ng transmission.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which is why i called foul on the 9 second claim for 0-100 earlier. With a 6.5 second 60-100, you'd need to do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Not gonna happen without 500 horsepower.

Take into account the lack of "buwelo", transmission response and throttle lag, that's around 7.5 - 8.5 seconds in practice.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/0to100.jpg

my best time. i'm using an suv with less than 500hp. taken with android speedview phone is motorola defy. not sure how accurate is the gps on my phone but i'm pretty sure i went beyond 100kph

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

my best time. i'm using an suv with less than 500hp. taken with android speedview phone is motorola defy. not sure how accurate is the gps on my phone but i'm pretty sure i went beyond 100kph
    Cellphone GPS has a refresh rate of 1 Hz. that's 1 refresh per second. So that 7 seconds should, theoretically be, anywhere between 6-8 seconds... right?

Not really. You have to consider that the 1 second refresh rate means it can start timing 1 second late, and stop timing 1 second early. Thus your 7 seconds could be anywhere between 5-9 seconds. And that's not taking into account processor lag, since the phone is usually multitasking, and the lack of resolution from the GPS receiver and on-board motion sensors... I've seen phones start to time up to 2 seconds after the launch. Sometimes, the launch doesn't even trigger the GPS timer!

Anyway, Speedview sucks. Get "Car Performance". Even the "free" variant of the app shows increments of 10 km/h, 60 foot times and 0-100 + 0-400 meter times, which both show you how woefully off a cellphone can be and can help you correct for errors in timing. Load that on your phone and go out.

Do several 0-100 km/h runs (or several 0-60 runs). Even on a perfect day, with a car that doesn't heat soak, each run will be wildly different. I used Car Performance at the time, because it had the best resolution of any phone-based datalogger, but it was woefully inadequate for my purposes unless I did a lot of testing. With the V-Box, I could do just three runs and call it a day.

-

For reasonably accurate timing, we use the Racelogic V-Box. Our "cheap" V-Box has a 10 Hz GPS chip. Which means it refreshes every 0.1 seconds. Thus, it's typically accurate to a tenth of a second, and you can do a dozen drag runs and have them all within 0.1 seconds of each other, if you're consistent.

-

A lot of performance depends on weight and gearing. An Explorer or CX9 with just under 300 hp hits 100 km/h in around 9 seconds, but a Forester with 300 hp would do it in 7 seconds. (all automatic).
    Last edited by niky; September 24th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Nice will try that thanks

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213