New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I have tried it at 70kph using a pajero 2.5 and ok naman sya. although i know someone na tumaob ang pajero gen 2.5 nya sa curve ng cavite/zapote coastal road. Siguro at crazy speeds talagang ttaob din lalo na mataas ang clearance ng suv's.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    though some high-end SUVs can handle high speed cornering / turning, like the X5 & Cayenne.
    kala ko SAV ang X5 at Cayenne. i think they are different from SUV's(pajero)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    suv's have a high center of gravity...even the best suspension can't completely defeat the laws of physics.

it's funny how the manufacturers finally started to realize and admit this. similar to mazdamazda's experience...my sister bought a new honda suv for christmas and a "rollover warning" was stamped in big yellow markings on the sunvisor

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    even the Rav4 has a warning in the manual that it has a tendency to flip over.

though some high-end SUVs can handle high speed cornering / turning, like the X5 & Cayenne.
    That's because cayenne has automatic lowering suspension (it lowers during high speed) just like the 2005 subaru outback 3.0 R. The X5? I doubt it really... I think my honda pilot is better in cornering than x5 because of wider ground clearance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    taob talaga wallet ko sa X5 hehehe siguro di lang isang beses tataob baka mga 5 times pa tataob! hehehe I therefore coclude mas taubin ang wallet ko kaysa sa pajero! hehehehe Thanks guys!

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    OT:
    Masabi ko lang na: [SIZE=4]you can't drive your SUV like a car[/SIZE]. They have different handling characteristics other than the differences in dimension, weight,etc. There might be some exceptions like SUV's having a car-platform such as Toyota RAV4(camry platform) or Subaru Forester(Impreza Platform). Even then, I've tested these two before, they still have greater tendencies for roll-over than their car counterparts. This is not to say that roll-over tendencies would depend on their platforms. Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

I had to make a lot of adjustments when I got my first SUV early summer last year since I have always driven cars for almost 18 years. Rule lang talaga sa SUV, don't make sharp turns(especially on high speeds) and always give your SUV a little more time to stop. And finally po, hindi po pangkarera ang SUV. So, go easy on the gas. Kung karera kasi ang gusto, get a Subaru WRX or Lancer EVO.
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; January 18th, 2005 at 08:02 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I also heard about that news when they where doing a review on the the gen 3 pajero in the States. Diyan talaga nasira pangalan ng pajero, pero the truth of the matter is, any SUV will have a tendency to roll over when doing a sharp turn at high speeds. Eh yung mga kotse nga magkamali ka lang ng kaunti magtataob na, what more yung SUV with a high center of gravity. Its just one of those things for us SUV owners just have to accept.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdoc95
    OT:
    Masabi ko lang na: [SIZE=4]you can't drive your SUV like a car[/SIZE]. They have different handling characteristics other than the differences in dimension, weight,etc. There might be some exceptions like SUV's having a car-platform such as Toyota RAV4(camry platform) or Subaru Forester(Impreza Platform). Even then, I've tested these two before, they still have greater tendencies for roll-over than their car counterparts. This is not to say that roll-over tendencies would depend on their platforms. Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

I had to make a lot of adjustments when I got my first SUV early summer last year since I have always driven cars for almost 18 years. Rule lang talaga sa SUV, don't make sharp turns(especially on high speeds) and always give your SUV a little more time to stop. And finally po, hindi po pangkarera ang SUV. So, go easy on the gas. Kung karera kasi ang gusto, get a Subaru WRX or Lancer EVO.
    Korek ka dyan!

A lot of vehicle owners think they can get away with everything on their machines, without taking the design limits into consideration. Nung tumitingin ako ng Adventure sa showroom, ipinagmalaki pa ng ahente na improved na daw yung suspension, kaya hindi na daw siya tataob sa turns.

It goes without saying that I have absolutely no plans of putting that claim to the test.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Balita ko mas maraming namatay sa rollover accident dito sa States comparo to other vehicular related accident......? I really hate SUV's, kung di lang kailangan ko ng 8 seater di talaga ako bibili.....

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Balita ko mas maraming namatay sa rollover accident dito sa States comparo to other vehicular related accident......? I really hate SUV's, kung di lang kailangan ko ng 8 seater di talaga ako bibili.....
    SOURCE: US NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION

Statistics from NHTSA (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/) regarding rollovers in trucks, vans and SUVs:

[SIZE=4]45 percent of car [/SIZE]occupant fatalities in single-vehicle crashes involve rollover, compared to [SIZE=4]60 percent for pickup trucks[/SIZE], [SIZE=4]65 percent[/SIZE] for vans, and [SIZE=4]79 percent for sport utility vehicles (SUVs).[/SIZE]

Estimates ... are that 16 percent of light vehicles in police-reported single-vehicle crashes rolled over. The estimated risk of rollover differs by vehicle type: 13 percent of cars and 14 percent of vans in police-reported single-vehicle crashes rolled over, compared to 24 percent of pickup trucks and 30 percent of SUVs.

Analyses of crash databases and measurement of rollover propensity metrics indicate that fifteen-passenger vans might be more likely to roll over when fully loaded with occupants than when lightly loaded. For all occupant loadings, fifteen-passenger vans have an overall rollover ratio comparable to that of all light trucks and vans (LTVs). Analysis considering the number of occupants in the vehicle showed that fifteen-passenger vans with ten or more occupants had three times the rollover ratio than those with fewer than ten occupants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Taubin daw ang pajero?