New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano po gumagana yan? magkano po ganyan? nakakasira ba ng fuel consumption? hehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wei View Post
    So sir zix888, safe naman sa transmission yung common rail plug piggyback? kasi unlike yung sprint booster, ,may increase kasi sa power and torque output ang piggyback chip. Ang concern ko kasi pag nagpakabit ako nung chip baka bumigay yung transmission ko. But that sprint booster is something I'm also looking at right now.
    honestly, i am not sure. the 2008 gls where we installed the SB and CR box has 30k mileage( with the mods) , total mileage 75k now. so far its okay. while my gtv has 47k total mileage , more than half of this, upto now, CR box, SB installed, and so far tranny is still smooth

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    All right sir, that sounds good. by the way sir, since you have a GTV, may I ask if the difference in acceleration between the 2.5 VGT and older 3.2 is significant in stock form?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    All right sir, that sounds good. by the way sir, since you have a GTV, may I ask if the difference in acceleration between the 2.5 VGT and older 3.2 is significant in stock form?
    pm sent sir

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hi, has anyone tried using those diesel tuning chips? are they safe? I was wondering if the Montero's 4A/T can handle the 400NM+ of torque safely.
    Used DTS on 2010 Strada 4M41 3.2 AT before but removed it since the AT is unable to handle the extra torque. You can feel the transmission slipping when you press hard on the accelerator. But the power and torque it produced was really something. A 2012 Strada GLS Sport-V AT had a hard time trying to outrun a DTS equipped 4M41.

IMHO, it's not necessary to install Sprint Booster. The effect of the device is mostly psychological if you read the info on their website. You don't really gain any extra power.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Sir, did you use any other modification on your 3.2 Strada or did you just keep it stock after removing the DTS?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Used DTS on 2010 Strada 4M41 3.2 AT before but removed it since the AT is unable to handle the extra torque. You can feel the transmission slipping when you press hard on the accelerator. But the power and torque it produced was really something. A 2012 Strada GLS Sport-V AT had a hard time trying to outrun a DTS equipped 4M41.

IMHO, it's not necessary to install Sprint Booster. The effect of the device is mostly psychological if you read the info on their website. You don't really gain any extra power.
    ganyan din thinking ko sir when i was still waiting for my sprint booster to arrive, medyo matagal kasi shipping nila eh. but in fairness, sulit naman siya and hindi naman psychological ang effect. actually it has an on/off switch, and honestly, mawawalan ka ng gana sa response niya if you switch it off(k&n plus CR box still at work)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sir, did you use any other modification on your 3.2 Strada or did you just keep it stock after removing the DTS?
    Also installed K&N filter but removed it also. So now it's all stock. Anyway, with the tuning chip installed, made me wish I got an M/T instead if A/T.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Imho wag na magkabit. Kasi malakas naman na power ng 4m41. Tinanggal ko yung akin kasi hindi.din ako sure sa long term effects nito. Pero ramdam mo talaga power. Pag meron may gusto benta ko na akin ng 10k plug and play to. Pm niyo ko. For 4m41 pajero yung akin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Question for Mitsubishi Montero sport 3.2 owners