New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    I have noticed that your threads on turbo repairs have been focused on just cleaning them. Cleaning turbos, replacement of seals and bearings are easy with the proper parts and tools.

What is most critical is the precision balancing needs of the rotating components as these turn at about 80,000 to 150,000 rpm. Unbalanced turbine wheels and compressor wheels will turn into high speed vibrators, and impact the shafts & bearings. This type of failure can damage your turbo beyond salvage repair.

Good turbo shops have precision balancing equipment.

DIYs, be careful!!!
    so true. image na lang snapping the shaft ng turbo...

bagsak ka to N/A bigla from turbocharged.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi Guys,

I noticed this morning that the Turbo of my space gear (4D56 engine) is not kicking-in. I think i need to have it checked.
    Can you kindly post the locations of your recomended shops that do Turbo servicing that you mentioned on this thread?

1. MSF blumentrit (i know where this is)
    2. Diesel central?
    3. etc.

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi Guys,

I noticed this morning that the Turbo of my space gear (4D56 engine) is not kicking-in. I think i need to have it checked.
    If the problem is still there after the checkup, if your Vehicle is A/T, the problem might be related to tranny or fuel pump. a very dirty air filter can even prevent that kick.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga peeps, inquiry lang....i have this prob sa turbo..naglalangis na..cause of black smoke na din...sa central diesel pa din ba ang recommended? pati parts? how much aabutin? palit lang ba ng mga seals yun and alignment? or papalitan na yung loob lahat?

thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Pajero Turbo Servicing????