New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    same thing happend to my cousin 2001 pajero4x2 pero pina calibrate nya ang injection pump and replace nozzle tips ok na ngayon. il try to ask him kung saan nya pinagawa.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mukhang epidemic na ito. curious lang at what mileage nangyayari to?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ang aga nung calibration nung pajero na yun a, 2001 model pa man din. never xperienced d symptoms u guys described n m hoping it wil never happen to our unit. its a 99 model m/t n has so far logged 40k km

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    45k ang mileage nung nayari yun....one of the major cause is high water content ang diesel fuel nya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    After draining my gas tank, malaki ang improvment. Hindi na namamatay engine ko in the morning. I think Im OK for the mean time but Im already due for calibration.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    nice to hear na fuel tank lang ang problem. kamusta na kaya yung kay lancelot?

kung nakakalusot ang dumi sa fuel filter natin baka mahinang klase ito? is it orig or vic?

Post niyo naman kung ano nangyari sa rig niyo?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Levi, What did they do besides draining the diesel? But good to know ok na siya, pre how much did you spend at citimotors.

Promdiboy, Am still thinking og having my injecion opened, am still getting some 2nd opinions but I think my rides getting worse each day. As now it takes me 4 to 6 starts na just to start it. Right now am deciding to go to Central Diesel to have it really checked.

I replaced mine with VIC fuel filter but before that it is orig. I inspected the old fuel filter pero mailinis siya.

My ride is 99 A/T only 39Kms pa lang

Hope it is not as worse as replacing the tips.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Sinabay ko sa regular maintenace but just this morning napansin ko after idling for some time medyo nagloko ulit but when I stepped on the gas ng konti OK agad. Before dapat apakan mo gas after starting until maginit ang engine before mag stable. Sa cost naman, I think mga 1T=2T for the pulldown but pwede na rin yan sa labas para mas mura. How about gamitin mo lang drain plug pag medyo empty na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm.... the fuel filter shouldve trapped the water..... orig ba filter's ninyo mga pre?

In principle when the water is trapped in the filter and upon reaching a preset level, an indicator should light up on the dash. Then you have to pump the water out using the manual pump on top of the fuel filter....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi PajeroKd,
    I have yet to encounter water trapped in fuel filter and hope
    it won't come my way. Anyway, you said that water should be pump-out of the filter using manual pumping. What is the procedure of doing this, please advice for future reference. Thanks a lot.
    Field Master.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Pajero 4M40 Cold Start