New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung immediate requirement, get a bnew civic.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i like mitsubishis and i vote for the lancer GT if we are still living in 1999.

just get sa civic 1.8s, you can definitely upgrade the audio system and add the bodykits later.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    civic na yan. the lancer is sooooo bland, pati interior OMG puts me to :sleep1:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ganito lang...

Try to wrangle a test-drive out of the dealership. Feel out the car for yourself. Try to decide whether you can see yourself owning this car.

I went through the same thing with the Lynx. It was a going out model already, and the Civic 2.0 at the time had an AT, wasn't really any slower, and was a better brand. The new Mazda3 was already coming out, too, and that was a superior car in many aspects.

But I looked, and looked, and researched, and finally decided:

I can see myself driving this car, and I can see myself loving it. Yes, it has its problems. It might not be fuel-efficient, it might not be the most comfortable, and it might be a crappy brand, but I like it because it's efficient enough, comfortable enough, and it's very good looking and fast.

The Lancer GT may be old, but it has its charms. Good seats, good interior design, nice body kit and mags. It's got an engine that revs happily, despite super-long gearing. It feels sluggish in stop-and-go traffic because of the gearbox, but it accelerates nicely on the open highway. It's good a pretty good suspension, not as cutting edge as the Mazda3 or Focus, but definitely competitive with or better than the Civic.

Test-drive it back to back with the competition at the same price to figure out if it's got that "X-factor"... that thing that appeals to you on a personal level.

It's different for everybody. Only you know what you want.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if you get the lancer instead of the civic, pagtatawanan kita.

just kidding :hihihi:

cant wait for the all new lancer? civic na yan or focus or mz3

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ok, first of all... ill try if i can work sumthing out at the dealership.. say put the gt on hold until the new lancer comes, if i dont like it ill get the gt... or vice versa.

then secondly, i really dont like the civic to say the truth... everything is weirdly shaped... not my kind of look. id still opt for the classic interior. ung optitron lang gusto ko dun the civic e, ung iba d ko na masakyan e.

about the mazda... sawa nako sa look nya. im not a mazda person, d ko lang xa hilig talga... masmadali parin mag parts hunting for the big 3 jap car companies.

how accurate ba is the news na may-june lalabas ang new lancer? what if it doesnt? what if the us version is not the one thats coming?

kung may nga, kaya ko i-stall un. up until may 10 nlang talga kasi may time constraints din d lang about the immediate need.

im planning nga actually to test drive it e.. ill see from there.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    btw, focus is ford. i steer away from fords... hirap parts and mahal. ill be bring the car back to my province e, madalang ang ford parts dun. that goes for the mazda also. so my choices lang talga are honda, mitsu, nissan, n toyota.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    patience is virtue. wait for the arrival of the new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.
    engine: 2.0 MIVEC(152 hp,140 torque)
    exterior: waaaaaay better than civic
    suspension: EVO like
    interior: waaaaay better than civic
    sounds: are you kidding??!! 650kW speakers!!
    mags: 18 inches standard

well just check it on its website because i'm a mitsu loyalist!

http://www.lancerproject.com/lancer/?cid=238_40_17

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sorry ... pero you dont like the civic pala then why even bother considering it diba? ... but its the new one so youd get you moneys worth talga dahil matagal pang papalitan yung model compared sa lancer na nakailang facelift na and is about months away from the brnd new one

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ur one of those question-talkers...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
owners of 2007 lancer gt 2.0 help please.