New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Ilan years ba bago palitan ang nozzle tip ng Diesel, mine is 4d56 L300 Van, and kung bago ba ang nozzle tip kailangan pa ba na ecalibrate? any brand na maganda. (sabi nila Nippon Denzo or ZEXCEL) any comments.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i'm interested in this topic aswell, i have'nt replaced my 4d56tdic nozzle tips also.. mileage is now 107Tkms

i average 6km/L in city drive and 9km/L on the highway....

how about yours acenie??

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Im also interested with knowing the cost of having this replaced. Sabi kasi ng mechanic namin may diperensya na daw yung isang tip kaya parang garalgal yung takbo. 114t kms na ata ako eh. Am I obligated to change them all or kahit yung may diperensiya lang? And kelangan pa bang i calibrate after? And saan pwede ipagawa ito na cheap at may quality work?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    AFAIK you should bring it to a reputable calibration shop and have the nozzles tested.. the results will show which nozzles does'nt perform within standards anymore andf just opt to have those particular nozzles replaced.

what i want to know, since we have similar engines, 4D56, at what mileage would these engines often manifest detoriation on nozzle performance??? what are the symptoms of having a poor nozzle??

are there any scheduled maintenance on nozzle check up?? or do we just wait till our vehicles exhibit belching??

advice please diesel guru's!

tia!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    life span of nozzle tips in Philippine condition would last 5 years the most but I would recommend checking them every year. 3 years if you use like a workhorse...

for 4D56, you're supposed to use Zexel but it's a bit expensive but longer lasting, another alternative is Doowon.

Avoid shops recommending "hasa" on your nozzle tips....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ang sabi sa service manual ng mga Mitsu L300 & L200 check the nozzle tip spray pattern every 50T kms. Just like v22 said, pag tinest na sa calibration shop saka lang malalaman kung kelangan nang palitan. ;)
    Last edited by Automahn; September 13th, 2005 at 06:48 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the service manual wasn't written with Philippine road conditions in mind....plus you don't want to wait for the time when you spew black smoke, lack power, have irritating smoke coming out of your pipe or any fuel injection malfunction not until you visit a good shop....by then the expense would be something you would have thought, "sayang, I should have checked this before, para ma-agapan pa".

pinoys have a delayed mentality when it comes to repairs specially the financial aspect of it.

I am basing everything on my experience....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the expert has spoken... two of the most recommended shops here are Betan and Denso. You can't go wrong with these two shops. Have it check.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    all right! thanks diesel guru's!

long overdue na pala ako.... :lol:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Diesel
    the service manual wasn't written with Philippine road conditions in mind....plus you don't want to wait for the time when you spew black smoke, lack power, have irritating smoke coming out of your pipe or any fuel injection malfunction not until you visit a good shop....by then the expense would be something you would have thought, "sayang, I should have checked this before, para ma-agapan pa".

pinoys have a delayed mentality when it comes to repairs specially the financial aspect of it.

I am basing everything on my experience....
    Doc Diesel,

kailangan ba na ecalibrate yung bagong nozzle?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nozzle tip (L300 Van)