New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 939 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dapat talaga meron niyan...hilux=fortuner,dmax=alterra,yun pickup ng ford=everest, so ito naman yung sa strada...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    instead of the outlander na napakamahal, ito sana yong nilabas nila. im sure parang strada din ang presyo nito like the 3.2 variant. and hopefully maglabas din ng manual trans. di gaya ng montero sport na puro matic.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted View Post
    don't think that's possible since this model has not yet been introduced even in foreign markets.
    yep think so too.. baka naman Strada lang yun na may sport canopy.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    baka ang engine nito will be the 2.5 & 3.2 DI-D and the 2.4 MIVEC... yung yung 2.5 DI-D at 2.4 MIVEC siguro sa 4x2 tapos yung 3.2 DI-D sa 4x4... sana naman yung 4x4 switch parang sa outlander din...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I hope it will be out early 2008. This could be a good alternative to my choices, particularly the Sta. Fe and Fortuner.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh man! Thank the good lord for this! Enough Fortuners already! (COngrats to Toyota for a smash hit though)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by megadeth View Post
    instead of the outlander na napakamahal, ito sana yong nilabas nila. im sure parang strada din ang presyo nito like the 3.2 variant. and hopefully maglabas din ng manual trans. di gaya ng montero sport na puro matic.
    i own a montero sport,mabagal sa arangkada,1:8 pa ang ratio ng consumption ng diesel,i need advice paano ko mapa bilis ng kaunti ito

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003

ianmitsulancer,

This is just a photochop. It's AG4/AM's rendition of a possible Strada-based Fortuner competitor. He used the Outlander as a basis for his chop. It was originally posted in motioncars.com. That's his watermark over there.;)

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    baka ang engine nito will be the 2.5 & 3.2 DI-D and the 2.4 MIVEC... yung yung 2.5 DI-D at 2.4 MIVEC siguro sa 4x2 tapos yung 3.2 DI-D sa 4x4... sana naman yung 4x4 switch parang sa outlander din...
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post

ianmitsulancer,

This is just a photochop. It's AG4/AM's rendition of a possible Strada-based Fortuner competitor. He used the Outlander as a basis for his chop. It was originally posted in motioncars.com. That's his watermark over there.;)
    thank u for the clarification... but it looks so real! i admit - new being in the forum for a few months now. I was starting to think that AG4 and AM are professional automotive paparazzis!!! despite watermarks made, any photographer can do it for copyright. good job

as for the engine/drivetrain combo - the current 4D56 and 4M41 from the Strada should be able to outrun the Fortuner 4x2 and 4x4. I don't think the outie's AWD switch will carryover. Expect 2 gear shifters like the Strada to work on. The 2.4 MIVEC...? perhaps the 4G69 (Grandis/Galant) or the 4B12 (Outlander) should be the perfect fit. We haven't seen those engines in RWD format. only the old 4G64 (Space Gear/Fuzion). Lets hope they can make the change. It is likely for the 4G69 to be applied IMO since it is an improved version of the 4G64 - so the assemblers will treat it as if they are installing the old 4G64- just a bit bigger and a new MIVEC head. The Monty should come from Thailand unlike Japan for the outlander which is one of the reasons why its price is a bit high - but not as high as the RAV4.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    here is another rendition from thaidriver... somewhat similar to AG4 and AM...

New Mitsubishi Montero Sport [ARCHIVED]