New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Why didnt we get this plant? it wouldve created hundreds of jobs. Philippines is the biggest market for this ppv.

maybe plants here dont have that much incentives?

we are giving too much money to indonesia and thailand...

Mitsubishi opens its Bekasi plant in Indonesia - facility to produce Pajero Sport and new seven-seat MPV

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    its a shame we dont even break 6figures in vehicle manufacturing...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Why didnt we get this plant? it wouldve created hundreds of jobs. Philippines is the biggest market for this ppv.

Mitsubishi opens its Bekasi plant in Indonesia - facility to produce Pajero Sport and new seven-seat MPV

This. I am not a business person but what I heard and read is that our laws just do not allow our economy to compete against our neighbors. We cannot match the incentives given to foreign investors by Thailand and Indonesia.

Google ASEAN Foreign Direct Investment. Makikita mo yung lamang ng Thailand and Indonesia.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    This. I am not a business person but what I heard and read is that our laws just do not allow our economy to compete against our neighbors. We cannot match the incentives given to foreign investors by Thailand and Indonesia.

Google ASEAN Foreign Direct Investment. Makikita mo yung lamang ng Thailand and Indonesia.
    It would be possible... but only with political will and cooperation from the LGUs.

Considering tax incentives and comprehensive industry bills like the CARS program take forever to program, however...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

We are one of the most expensive South East Asian countries to manufacture in, power rates are high compared to our neighbors.
    Thailand has always been aggressive when it comes to giving carmakers incentives.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    MMC Philippines new Sta. Rosa plant is already in operational status: The Promise of Tomorrow - Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation

If MMC Indonesia have Montero in line, we have also locally assembled Mirage (to be exported worldwide), Adventure, L300, and Canter/Fuso trucks....MMC Phils. has also a subsidiary; the ATC (Asian Transmission Corp.) located in Canlubang, Laguna. In here, they manufacture from scratch parts of transmission and axle units for all Mitsubishi models, mayron pa assembly ng makina ng Adventure, Lancer, at L300. These units are shipped to all Mitsubishi manufacturing plants around the world. Isn't that very nice, proudly Filipino made transmission and axle units.....pagbalik sa Pilipinas nasa Pajero na, ASX, Lancer, Montero, Outlander, etc...etc...I was once a machinist in ATC, and am proud of what i did when I was still there machining and grinding mainshaft assembly and cutting 3rd gear parts....MMC Phils. and ATC already provided decent jobs and opportunities for thousands of Filipinos since late 1980's. Labour strikes are seldom to happen as both companies are fair to their employees despite the fact that our government ay namumutakti ng corruptions at red tapes.
    I think the best way to attract more premium investments like sa nagyayari sa Indonesia at Thailand is maging matino na sana ang gobyerno natin and to upkeep our skilled workers pagdating sa training and knowledge.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    CARS program is a good start, but honestly it's not enough...

We need to sell more cars and the proposed new tax will not help...

(I saw this post by J. Deakin and tama sya, the people who will be most affected by the proposed excise tax are the small people... The dealership's security guards, sales staff, mechanics, buy and sell guys for used cars etc... Tayo naman bibili tayo ng car kahit magkano pa sya, magiipon lang tayo)

If I remember correctly, India and Indonesia has a program for small cars. Thailand for pick-ups and Malaysia for locally assembled cars.

I went to Phuket for a holiday and yung nagtitinda ng mangga by the beach drives a new Hi Lux! Yung bangkero nung bamboo raft naka D-Max para iakyat ulit yung raft nya after the ride!

If we assemble the Montero here tapos wala naman incentive ang Mitsubishi, bakit pa? We already have the L300, Adventure and Mirage...

Sana ibalik ng government yung AUV program dati na may tax exception kapag 10 seater ang sasakyan... Kaso alam naman natin kung anong nangyari dun (ehem CRV)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    CARS program is a good start, but honestly it's not enough...

We need to sell more cars and the proposed new tax will not help...

(I saw this post by J. Deakin and tama sya, the people who will be most affected by the proposed excise tax are the small people... The dealership's security guards, sales staff, mechanics, buy and sell guys for used cars etc... Tayo naman bibili tayo ng car kahit magkano pa sya, magiipon lang tayo)

If I remember correctly, India and Indonesia has a program for small cars. Thailand for pick-ups and Malaysia for locally assembled cars.

I went to Phuket for a holiday and yung nagtitinda ng mangga by the beach drives a new Hi Lux! Yung bangkero nung bamboo raft naka D-Max para iakyat ulit yung raft nya after the ride!

If we assemble the Montero here tapos wala naman incentive ang Mitsubishi, bakit pa? We already have the L300, Adventure and Mirage...

Sana ibalik ng government yung AUV program dati na may tax exception kapag 10 seater ang sasakyan... Kaso alam naman natin kung anong nangyari dun (ehem CRV)
    It was a BS tax break, and Honda had every right to exploit the loophole.

Shame that they removed the break.

-

Yeah, the small guys will suffer. Mechanic apprentices and salespeople laid off due to tighter budgets. Luxury dealer employees and management laid off wholesale.

Distribution. Sales. Maintenance. Delivery. All caught up in a domino effect that won't really benefit the government all that much.

A simple linear tax increase would suffice. But no, they had to make it logarithmic for some stupid "hoy-anti-oligarch-kami-no" reason.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It was a BS tax break, and Honda had every right to exploit the loophole.

Shame that they removed the break.

-

Yeah, the small guys will suffer. Mechanic apprentices and salespeople laid off due to tighter budgets. Luxury dealer employees and management laid off wholesale.

Distribution. Sales. Maintenance. Delivery. All caught up in a domino effect that won't really benefit the government all that much.

A simple linear tax increase would suffice. But no, they had to make it logarithmic for some stupid "hoy-anti-oligarch-kami-no" reason.
    I personally can accept the Excise Tax...

But the government must give us something in return...

Maybe Tax Free for Hybrids...

Or something similar to our old AUV Tax Exception...

I'm sure a Mitsubishi will assemble a Montero with 10 seatbelts (ehem CRV again ) if it was tax free.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Dapat mga ang itax nila yung 15 years older. Mga 10k ang rehistro taon taon. Tapos add pa 1k every year older ng 15 years. I think mas malaki makuha na tax dyan. Kasi yung iba mapilitan na bumili ng bago, edi may tax din yun. Cleaner air pa. At tuloy ang businesses ng mga tao

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast