New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    madami pa din kasing "iwas" sa hybrid because of the "rumored cost" ng battery replacement
    In 5 years, the technology will be different, and maybe cheaper.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    madami pa din kasing "iwas" sa hybrid because of the "rumored cost" ng battery replacement
    in my opinion,
    it's not a rumor. the battery really costs a lot! and i do not envision it costing as a 2SM in the near future.

i have a colleague who drives a hybrid. sabi niya,
    "i bought this for the coding advantage. the fuel savings will probably go to the battery replacement bill a few years from now."

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in my opinion,
    it's not a rumor. the battery really costs a lot! and i do not envision it costing as a 2SM in the near future.

"i bought this for the coding advantage. the fuel savings will probably go to the battery replacement bill a few years from now."
    "rumor" kasi I personally haven't met anyone who actually replaced it.
    I have relatives who know people in the US with 15 year old hybrids and battery was never replaced.

unlike Honda's CVT... I personally met someone sa Honda Makati who paid 300K+ to have his CVT replaced.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "rumor" kasi I personally haven't met anyone who actually replaced it.
    I have relatives who know people in the US with 15 year old hybrids and battery was never replaced.

unlike Honda's CVT... I personally met someone sa Honda Makati who paid 300K+ to have his CVT replaced.
    yes, the battery cost is really high.
    it is probably the "when" and not the "how much", that is bothersome to some.
    colleagues who purchased one, confessed "i did not have transportation cost savings in mind, when i bought it. i bought it for coding freedom."

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    i bought it for coding freedom."
    agree... I guess its more expensive to buy and maintain a 2nd car.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    agree... I guess its more expensive to buy and maintain a 2nd car.
    i was mulling over getting one myself, when wifey shot it down with, "why? you already have an altis and a wigo, not to mention that innova..."
    sigh.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    i was mulling over getting one myself, when wifey shot it down with, "why? you already have an altis and a wigo, not to mention that innova..."
    sigh.
    its easier to buy a motorbike...
    wala din coding.
    only issue I have is the lack of cup holders...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    its easier to buy a motorbike...
    wala din coding.
    only issue I have is the lack of cup holders...
    a couple of my colleagues do commute regularly using two-wheelers. they say it saves them more than 50% of their travel time.
    they both ride italian makes. one's a scooter, the other is a proper macho bike.

moi? it's difficult to doze off on a two-wheeler. heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 27th, 2024 at 12:23 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    a couple of my colleagues do commute regularly using two-wheelers. they say it saves them more than 50% of their travel time.
    they both ride italian makes. one's a scooter, the other is a proper macho bike.
    some of my friends just collect... impossible for them to ride it.

noticed din with my wife na easier to buy a bike compared to another car.

just last Sat, nasa Triumph kami and it was easier to ask her to enter their showroom compared sa showroom ng Toyota.

when were talking about her car... she just calls her Toyota guy for a possible unit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    in my opinion,

Seems people also have this misconception that the battery needs to be replaced every 2-3 years like an ICE? My Japanese professor in 2013 still daily drove a first generation Prius. He says the (main) battery is still stock from 1998.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast