New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I remember back then pumasok ang Porsche 959,Citroen at Peugoet sa Dakar,nanalo naman sila but they've pullled out dahil masyadong irrelevant daw(mga walang 4X4 vehicles noon).

I think Mitsu deserves a win talaga sa Dakar,sila ang Ferrari ng Dakar eh(in my opinion at least).I think the 4 liter MIVEC is based or identical sa 3.8 MIVEC ng Eclipse,Endeavor at new Pajero.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Another reason for me to remain a Mitsu fanboy.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; January 26th, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    First off, congrats to Mitsubishi for winning the Dakar. This year's race was again marred with casualties on the part of the competitors. Changes in the rules and improvements in equipment meant no non-competitor (e.g. villagers, media, etc.) casualty in recent years.

As the old Nascar saying goes, 'Race on Sunday, sell on Monday'. The vehicles in Dakar may be different from what manufacturers sell in their showroom but it does not mean that technology does not trickle down. Competition makes a great test bed for new technologies. And it is not limited to big parts like drivetrains. Things like aluminum cooling systems, improved CV joints, intelligent all wheel drive systems, and other things we now take foregranted in modern automobiles were battle tested in competition before becoming commonplace.

The monocoque chassis and IRS of the GEN III Pajero is a product of lessons learned at the Dakar.

And if one ever wondered what those 'Valeo' body graphics on the Pajeros meant, Valeo is a parts supplier for Mitsubishi and they use racing to improve the products they make. They also supply to other vehicle manufacturers.

This is correct because the local market directly went to the 3.8l motor.

Guys, no need to get into a name calling match here.

Well said Chief Otep!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Basta in Dakar....Pajero kicks arse!! Period!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mga sirs.... tanong ko lang kung yung triton body na evo ang nanalo sa dakar? thanks:groupwave:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sayang, talo ang Team 'Egg :cry2:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    niky,

please kindly check your grammar and sentence, nakakahiya english mo . magtagalog ka na lng, kaya.

no offense

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    can you smell it?

i sure do, all the way up here to where im sitting

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hehe. halata na ba?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by reaganyun View Post
    niky,

please kindly check your grammar and sentence, nakakahiya english mo . magtagalog ka na lng, kaya.

no offense
    Teka bakit nauwi sa grammar and sentence ang topic?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mitsubishi won the 2007 Dakar Rally