New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    fyi po, most of the vehicles in the race are heavily modified naman.
    ay bobita!, nutshell!. what is the purpose of this dakar rally do u think it is just a race of machine for fun, my god man wake up! slomber! u wer not born in pre historic time aren't u. the car is commercialized and advertise as if it is the best, tough, conqueror, et al, then the manufacturer should be partial and fair enough to introduce the very same concept in the market, primarily you spend ur big butts on that machine for u wer lured upon by commercial and advertisement. u were made to believe of its toughness, greatness, passions, et al but realizing the fact that u were lured after wards and turns out that ur envy and lustful desire with the MIVEC V6 24 VALVE turns out not to be and having a hyper sensitive feeling of drivng an evo under 270ps and manuevering the wheels aka Stephane....... hello wake up man use ur coconut shell! unles u dont have. but ur not a fool! are u?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    MITSUBISHI WILL DEFINITELY WIN THE DAKAR BUT THE PROBLEM IS THE CAR THEY RACING IN DAKAR IS NOT THE VERY SAME CAR THEY ARE INTRODUCING IN THE MARKET, LIKE THE PAJERO EVOLUTION. NO WHERE IN THE PHILIPINES WAS EVER INTRODUCED 3.5 LTR V6 PAJERO NOR MUCH MORE THE MPR11 4.0 LTR V6 PAJERO. ASIDE THE TECHNOLOGY BEING USED IN DAKAR WAS NEVER BEEN INTRODUCED IN THE PHILIPPINE MARKET
    Well... besides the motorbikes, there aren't ANY stock vehicles in the Dakar.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try using a stock vehicle in Dakar. tignan natin kung san pupulutin.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    ay bobita!, nutshell!. what is the purpose of this dakar rally do u think it is just a race of machine for fun, my god man wake up! slomber! u wer not born in pre historic time aren't u. the car is commercialized and advertise as if it is the best, tough, conqueror, et al, then the manufacturer should be partial and fair enough to introduce the very same concept in the market, primarily you spend ur big butts on that machine for u wer lured upon by commercial and advertisement. u were made to believe of its toughness, greatness, passions, et al but realizing the fact that u were lured after wards and turns out that ur envy and lustful desire with the MIVEC V6 24 VALVE turns out not to be and having a hyper sensitive feeling of drivng an evo under 270ps and manuevering the wheels aka Stephane....... hello wake up man use ur coconut shell! unles u dont have. but ur not a fool! are u?
    yes its for marketing, but the engineering of the vehicle will soon be found on production models. well, pajeros are really tough, imo. 1st gen SWB pajeros are still used in my father's office and are still in service after 20+ years.

and one more thing, don't result into name calling, it isn't proper.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I AGREE, they are over comercializing every unit produce, that is the theory of capitalism and mass borgeonism. but i believe the pajero although underpower in its class is a workhorse. imagine in the rally as advertise 4 ltr with 270 ps but in the phil market 2.5 ltr/2.8 with only 99 hp. we are made to believe that our pajero will be the very same as the mpr13, the dakar king.

sa mga hindi nakakaunawa ng theory of capitalism pls research so that u will understand the point of take1bar, hindi lng panay kotse dapat alam nyo, d ba nyo gets na praise nya MPR13, to qoute him: MITSUBISHI WILL DEFINITELY WIN THE DAKAR AS FEARLESSLY FORECASTED FOR THE TRANSITION FROM MPR12 TO MPR13 WAS GREAT, THAT EVEN B4 THE START OF THE DAKAR RALLY THE OPPONENT WERE ALREADY EATING DUST. PAJERO EVO MPR13 IS PREDICTED TO CONQUER DAKAR. intindi na ba mga tol

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Dont Be Offended Please Use A Little Brain And Let Ur Mind Think, Its Not All Forma Car Ala Naman Pala Laman. Ok Peace Bro

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.8XLi View Post
    exactly!, they are modified for 'racing'..iba yung sa street/standard road lang
    maybe u haven't drive a pajero. let me correct u pajero is primarily for off road not street/standard road

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Agree with bewarn pero kung sakali ngang i offer sa Phil market ang Pajero Evo tulad ng inilaban sa Dakar, may bibili kaya? Sayang naman kung idi display lang nya yun. Baka umabot ng 6M (I'm not sure) above ang price nun just incase!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think kasama sa Super Modified(may production class) class ang Pajero Evo at talagang pang marketing purposes lang to,look at VW nagaaksaya ng pera sa Dakar para lang sa Touareg....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When did this turn into Economics 101? Bourgeios is a dirty word used by communists to describe us honest working people who actually make money... I much prefer the term "middle class". :hysterical:

There is no illusion whatsoever amongst car buyers with a smidgen of brain power that the Dakar beasts (or any other race car, besides touring cars) have even the slightest relation to their roadgoing counterparts.

The Mitsubishi Pajero used in the Dakar is basically a fiberglass-shelled tube-frame buggy with different suspension mountings and engine hardware from the stock Pajero. Same with the VW. The BMW X5 is also much different from stock, even though it looks the same as a stock vehicle, it's also just a fiberglass-skinned frame buggy. (Heck, the X5 doesn't even begin to have enough suspension travel for the Dakar, though the stock Pajero and Touareg come close) The Ford in third place is even weirder... it doesn't resemble any road-going car Ford actually makes. It's in the buggy class that VW used to compete in before they brought out the Touareg.

EDIT: Oops... my mistake... carbon-fiber na pala ang uso sa mga buggies na ito...

There are rumors that Mitsubishi wanted to produce a Ralliart edition with the same body shape, but I think those plans are on hold. If you'd seen the Pajero rally car at the shows, you'd understand how much work Mitsu has to do to actually make it road-worthy.

The engines, though, are based on stock engines, albeit modified... so longevity over the race distance bodes well for engine performance in the real world. This goes for the MIVEC, the BMW turbodiesel and the VW turbodiesel. It's the halo effect from a win or a place here that manufacturers are chasing. It may only help road car development marginally (and mostly in the durability department for the engine guys), but these races help support R&D for the cars that actually go on road.
    Last edited by niky; January 25th, 2007 at 10:43 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Mitsubishi won the 2007 Dakar Rally