New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sana bumaba un presyo na bulldog pajero.. ang gwaping eh. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i think its not selling well dto sa US cuz a few years ago, binalita sa news na when one of the safety agencys (might be consumer reports, correct me if i'm wrong) tested the mitsubishi montero, hindi daw safe sa emergency manuevers as compare to say mga suvs ng toyota. i even saw yung video ng tinetest nila, kinda scary. Another issue is mababa din resale value ng mitsubishi.

But interestingly enough, mitsubishi montero and montero sport ranked 8th and 9th out of the 34 suvs that Consumer Reports ranked for the 2004 na predicted long-term reliability. But consumer satisfaction for both have been poor according to their survey.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    straitflo, you're right. it was the trusted consumers reports who rated the montero as not recommended cuz it flips over really easy.
    remember the suzuki samurai in the mid-90's when CR said the same thing and its sales plummeted? might be one of the reason too, but i think it's also the mitsu name. what mitsu vehicle sell well in america? nada.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yup, even yung bagong release na galant, mukhang disappointing ang sales nila. honestly, the only thing that i might consider sa US mitsu lineup is the Evo. but then again, the Wrx Sti eh mukhang a better buy considering what mitsu is going through these days Pero glad to know na may market pa din ang Mitsu sa pinas. My uncle has a Mitsu Adventure Supersport, very nice as a family hauler imo

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    include in the list of casualty the isuzu trooper. In the mid 90's it was also deemed unacceptable, same reason as the suzuki and the montero, and where is the trooper now in the U.S.? Wala na.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yeah trooper din pala. its now replaced by the isuzu ascender which is a rebadged chevy trailblazer :down:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsu established a good name here in the Phils., imagine being here for the longest time and people still relying on their products. Kung ano man ang issues abroad doesn't affect the local market significantly. Kaya Mitsu is still selling vehicles locally.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem is a lot of local buyers buy products based on the brand's PREVIOUS reputation... Both good and bad... Mitsu has been reaping the benefits of a good past, while Nissan is haunted by the image of a bad past. Neither characteristics define what the current company products represent.

My friend bought a 3000GT brand new in MA before (around 97), my goodness, 2 weeks new and the car was squeaking like a rat. His girlfriend's E36 was 2 years old and it didn't have that problem. The rear hatch doesn't line up, the doors rattle, etc... The car barely had 60miles when all those things occured... Same thing with our other friends that bought Eclipses, 2 of them traded them for Celicas and Integras within a month's time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gustong gusto ko ung 3000gt dati. dahil sa gran turismo. nyahhahaha.

kaya pala parang hindi siya gaanong binili. tsk tsk.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
mitsubishi in trouble