New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    we used to have a lime green 1978 Colt Galant GL. We sold it nung 1994 and until now nakikita ko pa rin namin sa may Cubao. Its only problem is overheating. In fairness, maganda siya. I also like the 1980's Galant Sigma. When I was a kid, naaliw ako sa power window switches niya. Sayang talaga Mitsu.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; August 5th, 2005 at 11:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    pero ang liit lang naman ng profit margin ng AUV hehe it parang pinas income paying for national debt ang dating...

since early 90's sablay na mitsu eh, was sooo surprised to see the later models still sporting the same clutch/brake fluid reservoir, same A/T shifter, same buttons as late 80s models... talk about nagtitipid...

you can't innovate if you dont have $$$ pinakamalaking gastos ang R&D.

never really liked mitsu anyway hehe.

lastly, what kinda stupid move is selling the montero sport in the phil in 2004/05 when this car was sold in other markets around 96/97??? That's almost 8 years behind!!!
    sablay nga sa decisions at sa technology, sablay din sa products. besides the Evo, which is a very limited production vehicle, when is the last time a mitsu product gained a strong followership or inspired fans across the world? maybe the Pajero? that's it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although Mitsu hired the previous Marketing Director of Hyundai (notice the 100,000 mile warranty now being offered with Mitsus), di pa din umangat ang sales.

Kaya binitawan na sila ng DC dahil ayaw nang bayaran ng DC utang ng Mitsu

Marami ding default sa utang na buyers ang Mitsu.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i just skimmed the posts..
    not sure kung may nagtanong o sumagot na

question: BK na ang mitsu diba?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    missZ, they're getting there, hahaha.

pero knowing the Japanese business culture, some Japanese company will help Mitsu out. Kung tama yung sinasabi ng text book regarding international business cultures.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this companies will likely bail Mitsu Motors:

The Mitsubishi Group, led by Mitsubishi Corp., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group Inc., is one of Japan's largest and oldest business groups, with businesses ranging from aerospace to banking and real estate.
    My prediction was correct, the bailout:

New Partners

Nissan Motor Co., Japan's second-largest carmaker, on June 7 began selling the Otti minicar, which is made by Mitsubishi Motors. Nissan raised its sales of its minicars 72 percent in July.

Helped by demand for minicars, Mitsubishi Motors expects its domestic production to rise 10 percent during the April- September period from a year ago, the Nihon Keizai newspaper reported today. Mitsubishi Motors' domestic production in the first half may reach 313,000 units, the report said.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i thought "the redesigned eclipse" was supposed to save their sinking butt
    pero kakalabas pa lang ,ni-recall kaagad

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ
    question: BK na ang mitsu diba?
    Burger King?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ^^ hahaha! bankrupt po