New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 203 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Matigas suspension is what you call SPORTS suspension. Its comparable to other cars, its just tuned hard. Sa Altis, soft ata.

I usually go for full synthetic cuz I usually do oil change at 10k kms, not at 5k kms.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    totoo ba na big problem sa mga lancer ung suspension????
    ako rin synthetic oil, sa 10k ko, ang sabe sa casa mg around 6,000 php raw, tama lang ba yung price nun?????

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by janzen05 View Post
    guys,

any idea kung timing belt or chain na lancer natin?
    Boss timing belt po kaya lancer ko nakaka 26k ang takbo by 60k palit nako

Quote Originally Posted by stick o' matic View Post
    1.6 GLS CVT pure city driving ko -- 8km/li. not bad but not really something to be proud of. gamit ko shell unleaded.
    pansin nyo ba medjo matigas ang suspension? (as compared to other compact sedans?) does this mean mas matibay din?
    bros, anong oil marerecomend nyo for my next oil change?
    Boss kahit mineral oil lang ok na at evry 5k palit agad ako gamit ko castrol gtx 8hundred + lng plus oil filter.and recomended every 5k change oil dapat

E2 kwento ko naman kakatuned up lang ng oto ko last sat sa eldorado napansin ko after ng tuned up nagdadrop na yung rpm ko to .05 kala ko nga mamatay na ung engine,binalik ko kanina sabi sparkplug daw
    e stock lang din ang nilagay ko galing sa kanila,kaya sbi balik daw ako by monday para tgnan ulit kung anu diprensya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    More inputs on your GLS, please mga kasama. I am planning to buy next month my GLS.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys! Got my gls around 2 days ago. I'm a newbie driver and this is my first car. Have you noticed a cranking sound while at a complete stop? Maybe I can describe it like the sound of shifting gears, is that normal?

So far so good naman, quiet ride, easy to handle when going over humps and potholes. I haven't computed my FC yet, I filled it up with Shell unleaded (93 RON, but I read in the manual you have to use 95RON, is that ok?)

I asked the dealer what kind of oil they are going to use when I bring it for PMS. They said they just use mineral oil not the fully synthetic one. I don't know the pros and cons of this.

Sorry if my qs are a bit stupesy, I'm still learning about cars, driving etc. This site is proving to be very informative and fun. Kudos mods!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by maf View Post
    Hi guys! Got my gls around 2 days ago. I'm a newbie driver and this is my first car. Have you noticed a cranking sound while at a complete stop? Maybe I can describe it like the sound of shifting gears, is that normal?

So far so good naman, quiet ride, easy to handle when going over humps and potholes. I haven't computed my FC yet, I filled it up with Shell unleaded (93 RON, but I read in the manual you have to use 95RON, is that ok?)

I asked the dealer what kind of oil they are going to use when I bring it for PMS. They said they just use mineral oil not the fully synthetic one. I don't know the pros and cons of this.

Sorry if my qs are a bit stupesy, I'm still learning about cars, driving etc. This site is proving to be very informative and fun. Kudos mods!
    Congrats on your new GLS! I've been using Shell Unleaded since I bought my Lancer 2 years ago...so far no problems. About that cramking sound, I've read in previous posts na may ganitong encounters din ang ibang GLS owners. They describe it as 'tunog diesel'..sa akin wala naman. Sa oil naman gamit ko synthetic from casa.

Musta pala acceleration ng mga lancer nyo? Medjo dissappointed lang ako sa CVT ko kasi medjo you have to "step on it" para umarangkada. Di ko feel na 1.6 ang makina kasi medjo hirap. I wonder what its 0-100kph time is? Anybody tried to time?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stick o' matic View Post
    Musta pala acceleration ng mga lancer nyo? Medjo dissappointed lang ako sa CVT ko kasi medjo you have to "step on it" para umarangkada. Di ko feel na 1.6 ang makina kasi medjo hirap.
    medyo mabagal pala sa acceleration ang GLS. kumusta kaya ang acceleration sa GLX? thinking na MT ito so possible na ok siya umarangkada. any comments from the GLX owners? :sad:

and BTW, talaga bang comparable sa diesel engine ang ingay ng Lancer GLS/GLX engine? if ganun talaga siya kaingay, kalevel kaya ang ingay niya sa CRDi or sa old diesel engines like in the Crosswind?

thanks!
    Last edited by LeOxe; July 27th, 2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: correction :-)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo26 View Post
    95 ata ang octane rate sa manual and unleaded daw ang dapat gamitin....

hmmm medyo confusing.... anyway... 93 - 95 octane rating ginagamit ko... balitaan ko na lang kayo kung me bad effect...

so far ok pa naman lancer ko

we just bought our glx last week. we used Petron xcs kasi 95 octane daw yun as recommended in the manual. may nakasulat nga to use "unleaded only" sa car so we asked the gasoline attendant and he said mas ok daw to use "xcs" rather than the "extra unleaded" for the new lancer kasi xcs daw is the "premium unleaded" for Petron. is this true??? ok naman yung car so far. need advise pls. or should we switch to the e10 instead?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi guys,

May few questions lang ako regarding sa lancer glx.

> Musta acceleration? Okay ba? Walang bitin?
    > How about the a/c of the lancer? malamig?
    > Dun sa kalampag issues? wala na ba yun or andyan pa rin?
    > Yung ingay sa engine? Sobra ba or okay lang? Maganda kasi pag sumisipol

Sorry dami ko tanong. HEH

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi everyone.

We still haven't bought a car as we're considering a 2nd hand Ford Focus '09 (4k km, through their CVDP kasi), a new Lancer or a Vios E.

So far, we're going for the 2nd hand Focus kasi 9 months and it's being offered at around 570k lang. If we can't get the said Focus, we're thinking of the Lancer na mainly because it's larger, more spacious and more powerful than the Vios E, albeit the latter being more economical (FC-wise) and would have a higher resale value. We don't really bother that much about resale value as we'll use this for the next... at least five years (makakapagpalit lang kami ng car if I graduate on time and I get a nice job as soon as possible).

Assuming we won't be able to get the Focus, would the Lancer be the better decision? We're sure we're getting the GLX in case we would go for the Lancer. Thanks so much for all the inputs!

Lancer GLS/GLX CVT 1.6 2009 Owner post naman dito