New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Not at all. Those will just make an otherwise handsome car uglier. And do research more on euro set up. There's nothing euro with angel eyes, circuit mags and extended lug nuts.

If I were you, just use the money for basic IHE mods
    actually i'm planning to do some modifications on the engine. i was wondering how can i make the engine sound better, pag nag rerev up ako. like palitan ko ba mga air filters? as much as possible ayoko kasi maingay yung tambucho,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom2010 View Post
    actually i'm planning to do some modifications on the engine. i was wondering how can i make the engine sound better, pag nag rerev up ako. like palitan ko ba mga air filters? as much as possible ayoko kasi maingay yung tambucho,
    you might want to check with your dealer before modifying anything especially sa makina -> warranty :D

just a thought

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even a K&N drop-in filter will make the intake sound slightly louder, even from inside the car.

A cone-filter type intake mod will definitely make it much louder.

It would also result in a 4 to 5 hp gain.

You can get even more HP (15whp peak gain with K&N drop-in air filter) and improved engine power curve if you do a UNICHIP upgrade with dyno tuning at Speedlab.

Also coming up is headers, which is dyno tested good for a gain of 11 to 12 whp (with unichip & dyno tuning).

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Even a K&N drop-in filter will make the intake sound slightly louder, even from inside the car.

A cone-filter type intake mod will definitely make it much louder.

It would also result in a 4 to 5 hp gain.

You can get even more HP (15whp peak gain with K&N drop-in air filter) and improved engine power curve if you do a UNICHIP upgrade with dyno tuning at Speedlab.

Also coming up is headers, which is dyno tested good for a gain of 11 to 12 whp (with unichip & dyno tuning).

To sum up all the mods, how much do you think it's going to cost? and will it make my gas consumption higher than usual?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by misslancer View Post
    you might want to check with your dealer before modifying anything especially sa makina -> warranty :D

just a thought
    i'm not in a hurry to make my and modifications yet, but merely in the future. siguro pag tapos na yung warranty hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To sum up all the mods, how much do you think it's going to cost? and will it make my gas consumption higher than usual?
    Around P50K, give or take.

As for fuel consumption, if you drive it "normally" it should actually improve fuel mileage.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Prices for EX GT-A ( c/o speedlab )

K&N SRi - 8.5k

Headers - 17.5k

Unichip - 30k

= 56k.

Yep, most likely FC will be affected since you know that you have the power to back up your pedal happy right foot, you will be most of the time stepping on it harder than you normally do. Hehehe

If you're into performance, forget the warranty. :hysterical: And learn how to resist the itch. :naughty2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer Ex GT-A (euro setup??)