New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Here are mine:
    1. When you start the engine, you feel (more often than not) a thud as if the engine hits the chasis or the body.
    2. When running with auto, the auto upshift gear is felt by a dragging feeling as if "nabitin" ang shift. Note, it is not the downshif (which is normal). but i do understand that the auto transmission will downshift if you push the accelator pedal down. I recommmned you to use the sportronic manual shift for GLS SE.
    3. The engine is too noisy at 1500 rpm.
    4. Do not put the standard rear spoiler. It will only create an acumulation of dirt on the rear mirror/window

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa akin naman ok Gls se din so far maayos, tanging reklamo lang nang nasa likod malakas daw aircon giniginaw sila

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wala akong MS pero agree ako sa #3. Maingay yung makina ng Montero Sport kulang sa refinement... Yung neighbor sa tapat namin merong GLS 4X4 and nagigising ako lagi when they turn on the engine and warm it up...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *easyman3,
    I'm having as well issue # 1. Minsan meron din ako naririnig slight "thud" sound upon starting the engine.. Parang sa baba galing eh. Napacheck mo na ba sa casa?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_50 View Post
    *easyman3,
    I'm having as well issue # 1. Minsan meron din ako naririnig slight "thud" sound upon starting the engine.. Parang sa baba galing eh. Napacheck mo na ba sa casa?
    Sir kindly bring it to the casa na lang para sure ka.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_50 View Post
    *easyman3,
    Yes i did. the mechanic sid that they also notice one from the other but the owner did not notice. after fixing that unit, ako din daw. pinababalik sa akin dahil no time na when i went there.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    btw, mali spelling ng Montero Sport sa title.

As for the engine noise, some deadening material and muffler *might* fix that.

for the #1, #2 & #3, mukhang sira yung sasakyan mo bro. Baka lemon unit. Papalitan mo sa Mitsu habang maaga. Tell them the Thai workers might be f*cking up the products because of the turmoil and social discontent. Same thing American workers do with American cars.

Good thing, di sya biglang tumitirik.
    Ye i will ask for replacement.

ONE MORE PROBLEM, when i shift from Park to drive of Rear, the entire vehicle shakes na parang gustong tumakbo na. Not smooth at all. The technician says normal naman sa ibang unit na try niya. I dont know if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoy View Post
    Sir, I got 1-3 issues when I got my brand new 3.2 Strada. At first akala ko sira ang makina, it's just the nature of diesel engines. I find the engine too noisy too.

After my first 1000km oil change, all these symptoms went away. Kailangan lang proper break in period like all diesel engines.
    I hope so man. this is my first diesel car. i am not comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by okey View Post
    sir let us say na those who got lemon units will follow your advice...

should we just go to the casa and say we want to exchange the unit? or is there a better way of doing it so the casa will permit the exchange.
    Who did some exchange before?

Thanks to all the replies.

i will keep you updated on the problem.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Yes i did. the mechanic sid that they also notice one from the other but the owner did not notice. after fixing that unit, ako din daw. pinababalik sa akin dahil no time na when i went there.
    Sir let me know the outcome of yours. thanks

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    guys tanong ko lang ilang ba capacity ng ATF at gear oil ng Montero Sport 4x4

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by night_raven View Post
    to any MS owners, since yung third row aircon vents eh same as that found in the 1st gen forts, meron na ba nakapag-try yung nasa youtube sa thread na na-post dun?

ito yung usok eh pumapasok sa aircon ng third row. Kung tama pagkakatanda ko eh naka-on yung aircon tapos nagsindi sya ng mga incense sticks, tapos dun sya sa labas sa tapat ng tire sa ilalim, kitang-kita sa video na pumasok sa loob ng cabin yung mga incense smoke.

curious lang ako kung ganito rin sa MS, kasi kung naka-on yun habang nasa biyahe ka(lalo pag matagal) eh pwede pumasok carbon monoxide from the exhaust, na odorless, colorless at tasteless pa naman as well as other pollutants.

pero di ko encourage mga owners dito na i-try din nila kasi baka masira interior smell. kung may MS lang din ako or may friend ako na owner din eh sinubukan ko na para i-report din dito.

sana lang may maglakas loob or baka pwede ipa-test ng mga buyers sa SA nila para ibang Monty ang gamiting guinea pig.

Oh this is the culprit when i back read. The shirt inside my montero smells smoke after a few days. Not like my other SUV, even one month Caoat inside the car will not get smell like smoke.

I will test by not using the third row aircon for a while. i will post update after a week.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    madali ang pagbili ng MS but if papalitan mo because of factory defect kahit magmakaawa ka wala mangyayari. try mo dyan sa MITSU Manila Bay na dealer kung hindi totoo sinasabi ko.

Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast
ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.