New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Just thought of organizing into one dedicated thread the AVT Head Unit of the Mitsubishi Montero such that owners can maximize its usage.
    There are several threads of the AVT head unit under different titles in the forum and probably thru this thread, owners can refer to it for easy reference such that its usage can be maximized.

For example, I still get surprised of unknown features of the AVT in my 2011 V-MS after driving it for close to 2 years.

Recently, I went on a trip to Baguio & gunning it on the way home at NLEX, the unit forewarned me of the presence of a "Speed Cam" twice! That was the first time I heard it do that! Does the AVT's GPS system contain a speed radar such that it can sense the presence of a speed cam or is it merely programmed to voice out that warning at designated areas in the NLEX?

Secondly, also on the way home, I tried to use the alternate, back-door route bypassing McArthur Hi-way and the busy roads of the major cities in Pangasinan & Tarlac & instead going thru towns of Nueva Ecija before getting back at the SCTEX . Using its GPS system, I alternated between using the "Fastest Route" and "Alternate Route" modes. What was funny was that using either modes, it will lead you to unknown barangay roads in the middle of rice fields & even a cemetery! As I was travelling at night & it was getting a bit uncomfortable driving in unknown territory, I eventually had to to alternate using the GPS & the sometimes more reliable Filipino way of asking townspeople for directions & after a lengthy drive, I got back at the main road.

I guess with better familiarity with the features of, specifically, the GPS of the head unit, I could have traveled faster.

I sure would like to know of other owners out there who have mastered programming their head units such that it truly aids us making driving a better & safer experience.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by green eagle View Post
    Just thought of organizing into one dedicated thread the AVT Head Unit of the Mitsubishi Montero such that owners can maximize its usage.
    There are several threads of the AVT head unit under different titles in the forum and probably thru this thread, owners can refer to it for easy reference such that its usage can be maximized.

For example, I still get surprised of unknown features of the AVT in my 2011 V-MS after driving it for close to 2 years.

Recently, I went on a trip to Baguio & gunning it on the way home at NLEX, the unit forewarned me of the presence of a "Speed Cam" twice! That was the first time I heard it do that! Does the AVT's GPS system contain a speed radar such that it can sense the presence of a speed cam or is it merely programmed to voice out that warning at designated areas in the NLEX?

Secondly, also on the way home, I tried to use the alternate, back-door route bypassing McArthur Hi-way and the busy roads of the major cities in Pangasinan & Tarlac & instead going thru towns of Nueva Ecija before getting back at the SCTEX . Using its GPS system, I alternated between using the "Fastest Route" and "Alternate Route" modes. What was funny was that using either modes, it will lead you to unknown barangay roads in the middle of rice fields & even a cemetery! As I was travelling at night & it was getting a bit uncomfortable driving in unknown territory, I eventually had to to alternate using the GPS & the sometimes more reliable Filipino way of asking townspeople for directions & after a lengthy drive, I got back at the main road.

I guess with better familiarity with the features of, specifically, the GPS of the head unit, I could have traveled faster.

I sure would like to know of other owners out there who have mastered programming their head units such that it truly aids us making driving a better & safer experience.

Thanks.
    those two things you mentioned are all map update-related. those were not there before nung makuha natin mga units natin nung 2011.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    The radar-sensing capability of the AVT is pre-programmed. Whether or not there is actually a speed radar when the alarm sounds, Iam not sure but I slow down just to be on the safe side. Hassle mahuli. In NLEX and SLEX, the GPS will warn you of the presence of speed radars. As for the accurace of the GPS, I always use the HIGHWAY PRIOR button. Accurate based on my experience so far.

For those interested in adjusting the brigthness of the AVT screen, this can also be done. Just go to SETTINGS in the main menu and click VIDEO. You can choose your desired brightness level from there. HTH

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAML View Post
    The radar-sensing capability of the AVT is pre-programmed. Whether or not there is actually a speed radar when the alarm sounds, Iam not sure but I slow down just to be on the safe side. Hassle mahuli. In NLEX and SLEX, the GPS will warn you of the presence of speed radars. As for the accurace of the GPS, I always use the HIGHWAY PRIOR button. Accurate based on my experience so far.

For those interested in adjusting the brigthness of the AVT screen, this can also be done. Just go to SETTINGS in the main menu and click VIDEO. You can choose your desired brightness level from there. HTH
    actually sir yung speed cam part ng map mismo, pansinin ninyo, may drawing ng speed cam, it will be the same spots not unless mag update kayo ng maps( sakali man may new positions yung speed cam on the new update), but kung wala, kaw mismo mamememorize mo yung spots na may magwawarning sayo na may spees cam

5. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Medyo weird nga yung route nung iNAV, in my experience if you select "Fastest route" sa mga main roads ka nyan dadalin, pag "shortest route" minsan magugulat ka kung saan ka nya padadaanin. Sometimes if you look at the distance mas shorter pa yung fastest route compared dun sa shortest route .
    I still remember nung pumunta kami ng wifey ko sa nurture spa sa tagaytay naka shortest route pala settings, grabe yung nadaanan namin, gabi na sya from paved roads biglang naging rough road hanggang naging parang trail na lng sya na dinadaanan ng mga kalabaw, napapadasal si mrs. dahil ang dilim dilim, wala kang matanungan dahil walang tao at di nako makabwelta dahil puro puno at halaman nasa gilid namin. Stranded kmi pag nabalaho yung monty dahil di sya 4x4 o kaya pag naflat 2 gulong Nakarating din kmi and di makapaniwala yung mga taga spa na dun kmi nadaan, yun pala sa likod kmi dinaan nung iNAV. Napapangiti lng kmi pag naaala namin sya, first time ko na nagka adrenaline rush na mabagal takbo

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ang hirap din talaga umasa sa gps e. lalo na taga-manila. dun ka sa mga traffic ipapadaan. kahit avoid highway. pero kahit papano tama naman ang mga turo nya. madalas ay traffic route or long cut

- - - Updated - - -

ang hirap din talaga umasa sa gps e. lalo na taga-manila. dun ka sa mga traffic ipapadaan. kahit avoid highway. pero kahit papano tama naman ang mga turo nya. madalas ay traffic route or long cut

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by butchyboy View Post
    Medyo weird nga yung route nung iNAV, in my experience if you select "Fastest route" sa mga main roads ka nyan dadalin, pag "shortest route" minsan magugulat ka kung saan ka nya padadaanin. Sometimes if you look at the distance mas shorter pa yung fastest route compared dun sa shortest route .
    I still remember nung pumunta kami ng wifey ko sa nurture spa sa tagaytay naka shortest route pala settings, grabe yung nadaanan namin, gabi na sya from paved roads biglang naging rough road hanggang naging parang trail na lng sya na dinadaanan ng mga kalabaw, napapadasal si mrs. dahil ang dilim dilim, wala kang matanungan dahil walang tao at di nako makabwelta dahil puro puno at halaman nasa gilid namin. Stranded kmi pag nabalaho yung monty dahil di sya 4x4 o kaya pag naflat 2 gulong Nakarating din kmi and di makapaniwala yung mga taga spa na dun kmi nadaan, yun pala sa likod kmi dinaan nung iNAV. Napapangiti lng kmi pag naaala namin sya, first time ko na nagka adrenaline rush na mabagal takbo
    I can very well relate to your experience. Sa akin naman, dinaan niya ako sa loob ng sementeryo! Weird!
    With this experience, ano ang pinaka-reliable o pinaka-safe na mode ang pipiliin - highway prior, fastest o alternate routes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by butchyboy View Post
    I can very well relate to your experience. Sa akin naman, dinaan niya ako sa loob ng sementeryo! Weird!
    With this experience, ano ang pinaka-reliable o pinaka-safe na mode ang pipiliin - highway prior, fastest o alternate routes?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

- - - Updated - - -

never had that kind of weird routes using the fastest route. sana katulad sa tate na kasama yung live traffic situation sa fastest route selection

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    download for updating the GPS is available from - Genuine OEM

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    On another topic, fellows, does anybody know how to play music from our CPs using bluetooth? CP is connecting via bluetooth alright but the AVT can't play those damn music from my CPs. Or baka naman our AVT does not have this functionality? Been trying to do this to no avail. Hope some members can teach us how to do it. TIA

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast