New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alberto0225 View Post
    Sirs, I have a question... I'm planning to buy a '96 VR4, is it true na mausok daw ung muffler? Not sure kung true ung sinsasabi nung kakilala ko. Thanks in advance!

I think it's true for all. Sa akin ma-usok din...but they say it's normal daw bec. of the humidity kasi. But it varies din ha...baka problem talaga (like sparks, fuel, oil etc.) . But you can search the other galant forums

CLUBVR4.COM (Europe based -UK, NZ etc. -first forums na nasalihan ko!)
    GALANTFORUMS.COM (ok dito lotsa pimping!!)
    OZVR4.COM (Australian based)
    THEGALANTCENTER.NET
    MYMITSUPH.COM (RP based -I think may problem sya! I can't register)

and u'll see it is common but not much to worry about. Pasado naman sa SMoke Emission eh

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mga sir, tanong lang sana... we are in a search for an engine swap with our VR4 . ill just ask sana where are the place/s that have reliable VR4/VR6 engines and estimated cost.

thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir, pasingit po, tanong ko lang po sana if alin ang mas magandang bilhin, galant VR6 or VR4 considering na i am only a student?
    please help me on this matter. tnx.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mikong85 View Post
    sir, pasingit po, tanong ko lang po sana if alin ang mas magandang bilhin, galant VR6 or VR4 considering na i am only a student?
    please help me on this matter. tnx.
    As far as I know walang VR4? Or JDM model yan?

For the 7th Gen Galants, I think there are two variants.
    The V6 engined VR model and the 4 cylinder Super Saloon, I think both have manual and automatic options.

For the 8th Gen same din ata except that the VR came with automatic lang.

Not 100% sure on this though. Mga 95% sure. hehehe

I drove a 7th gen VR manual when I was a student. If fuel consumption is one of your concerns just get something else, I was getting 5-6km/l ata. For me sakto lang yun. hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxx View Post
    This drastically changes when u don't use your aircon (remember 70% of fuel is consumed by the A/C).
    Now where did this figure come from?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i have a '95 galant VR V6..thank God it doesnt give me any headache. Gas consumption is justified by the power & speed.

Masasabi ko lang sa galant VR..di ka basta basta masisibak sa kalye pag eto oto mo...its not just fast, but its very quick, bawat tapak mo sa gas, it push you back to your seat

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blu76 View Post
    i have a '95 galant VR V6..thank God it doesnt give me any headache. Gas consumption is justified by the power & speed.

Masasabi ko lang sa galant VR..di ka basta basta masisibak sa kalye pag eto oto mo...its not just fast, but its very quick, bawat tapak mo sa gas, it push you back to your seat
    same here, got no problems with my wheels and i'm talking of a 21 year old car (galant 88), first generation of galant front wheel drive, 1.8, evolving from the box type. carburator, imported.

I dont think it's the age but the proper maintenance. Old cars are built to be maintained by the owners, later versions (perhaps 92 up) are built to be maintained by the dealers. That's business bros...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys..i am new member of this site.hahaha.i've got my first car which i purchased from my friend.hahaha.ang lakas sa gas pero swabe naman tumakbo.saka super pogi. sana magkaron ng mitsu galant club para nmn may mapagtanungan kung may prob sa mitsu galant ko..tnx guys.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    tol parehas tayo ng car.suave tumakbo matanda na yung car but still well-maintained sya.malakas aircon.suave ang hatak ganda ng body at walang kalampag.basta hinay hinay lng ng gamit ang ganda pa.tama justified yung gas consumption sa lakas ng power.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i maintain my Aunts dark gray '94 Mitsu Galant Super Saloon M/T acquired last Feb.2002, odo reads 74k and had it shipped to bacolod. it's already partly dressed up; side skirts, front chin,bumper curb lights, rear spoilers, power folding side mirrors, 15" Concept-Seven Katana alloy wheels, 195/60 Bridgestone Turanzas...

only a cracked radiator spoiled it 6 months later. i just replaced it with a surplus '89 Galant (P4,500)...same width but a little taller (the nearest spec, '98 Lancer A/T , P11,000...too pricey). though some cuttings on the rubber supports and relocating the upper brackets (no welding, no drilling)can clear it from the hood.

in 2005, i replaced the front left upper-arm ball-joint(bog-bog sound), 2 rear and 2 front anti-roll bar links (since they are reasonably priced), all the brake disc pads (L-300 on the front will do), fuel filter and the Battery, of course.

two years ago, the alternator went dead. i had it repaired by a technician/friend but it didn't last. it's the still the stock, boxy, 75Amp and no replacements can be found here... so, ask the experts. a parts supplier recommends a rebuilt Hyundai Sonata alternator, same bracket attachments, same 4pk pulleys, but chunkier body and....90 AMPS!!!(nearest spec '98 Pajero 2800,just swap the pulleys) since i have bigger amperage now, i retro-fitted headlights with 100/90 watt Narva's, main beams and curb lights with 100 watt Hella's (although i don't recommend these to you, it's too much, a set of 100/80's will do...the rest are stock 55 watts). a blueish white smoke at the exhaust at wide open throttle starts to appear

last year (april, 2009), it undergoes a make-over. we had it painted medium silver (extra-course) metallic Anzhal's, the wheels were coated with slightly metallic black and brandywine overcoat, all in Timeless' topcoat. body-color brake brackets and 888 red brake calipers, great for a coca-cola-bodied car.
    as in most mitsu's i've encountered, the valve seals always hardens. i opted for a top overhaul instead of a general one since minimal crankcase pressure was observed. i cleaned the cylinder head and rocker assembly myself...changed both timing and balancer belts as well (150+k kms), right side main engine support, original NGK spark plugs. i use Mobil XHS engine oil and Vic oil filters.

top speed is still 150 kmh...not enough long roads here. even though i don't have enough supercar acceleration (the idle control is busted since bought) the mileage is a lean 7-9 km/l city and 11-15 km/l on highways (just be easy on the pedals always)...and she drives it almost everyday and me on out-of-town drives.

IMO, it's about knowing the car and TLC treatment, regardless of brand...and the toyota vios is not an M-size car (LTO)...please don't compare them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast