New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    In addition....

Automatic Transmission Fluid

I had my vehicle's transmission fluid changed using Valvoline ATF+4 Synthetic. Conventional transmission fluid was used for all previous changes. Will this cause a problem?

No. Switching to synthetic transmission fluid after using a conventional product will not cause a problem. Synthetic and conventional oils are 100 percent compatible.

What is the difference between Dexron III/Mercon and type F transmission fluid?

The Valvoline Type F transmission fluid is a high quality NON-friction modified fluid. Dexron III/Mercon includes friction modifiers in the fluid additive package.

Is it OK to mix synthetic ATF with a conventional and/or synthetic blend ATF?

Yes. Synthetic ATF and conventional fluids are 100 percent compatible with each other.

I heard a rumor that using Dexron III will cause the clutch packs to swell and disintegrate? Is there any truth to this?

No. Dexron III ATF will not cause any damages to clutch packs.

Is MaxLife automatic transmission fluid an SP-111 fluid?

MaxLife Dex/Merc ATF is 100 percent compatible for use in SP-II and SP-III applications.

Saw this on this site: http://www.valvoline.com/faqs/system...mission-fluid/

Need I say more? Basically ATF SP II or III is compatible with DEXRON II or III.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ZIC brands have SP3 and SP4 ATF

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    castrol transmax is sp3 rated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Can you suggest alternatives to the OEM Mitsubishi ATP SP III?