New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Guys, May irerecomenda ba kayong tindahan ng trailer dyan sa Pinas. Mga magkano ba ang presyo ng isang buong setup?
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    with the price of labor here and the abundance of surplus leaf springs and axles, i would imagine that making your own would make more economic sense.

i have been browsing the net and have read a few good articles on how to build your own trailer.

some points that i have learned:

1) put the axle where it is 60% from the front and 40% from the rear of the trailer (this does not include the tongue of the trailer, yung body lang)

2) dapat daw naka slight camber for better tracking
    (i gues this is yung slightly ganito? /-----\ ? ang gulong pero hindi ganyan ka grabe

3) build the trailer based on 3 important factors.
    a) gross pulling weight of the tow vehicle (brakeless trailer ng pajero is 750 kgs gross according to OTEP)
    b) gross weight of load and trailer will determine strength of construction materials to be used
    c) size shoud be dependent on items to be carried and storage space available for the trailer

4) just my personal thought would be to make th trailer slightly narrower than the tow vehicle

5) the farther the trailer's wheels from the rear wheels of the tow vehicle the smoother it will ride

tips lang ito, don't bet your life on this info

andy

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Almost all SUVs have 750kgs pulling limit. Not only Pajeros.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, i checked the internet and that is the rating of the new pajero, 750 kgs (unbraked). pareho lang naman siguro yan sa gen 2? or do i have to lower it pa? siguro, light duty talaga ang gagawin kong trailer

andy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same on all models and vehicle types.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    thanks pare

andy

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the info Andy.
    Maganda kasi yung trailer na medyo lowered sya and 4 wheel sya, kagaya nung mga nakita ko sa US. Pwede din bang umasemble ng ganun? Balak ko kasing ilagay sa farm. Any suggestion if this is doable.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Job can be done easily as long as you have basic idea of what design your trailer will look. A good welder will be your best hope. Pero dagdag drag yung 4 wheel combo na trailer. The added weight of the parts plus turning drag which the 2 wheel combo can do.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks mr Ungas,
    Hindi double wheel to ha. Bali dalawang axels ang gagamitin. Tingin ko mas-stable sya. Tama ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, I completely comprehend. 4 wheel combo like the ones used for race horse drawn trailers. Even a 2 wheel combo can be stable at 750kgs. pulled weight. Anyway you are risking a dangerous task if the gross weight exceeds 1,000kgs.

You are not planning to move a livestock are you?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
building a trailer for my Pajero: any sugestions?