New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why is there a need to post once every two days to keep your account? Is it just to populate the board?

Being a long-time member of various car clubs (Nissanbayan, Protegetech, FordClub), that rule doesn't make sense. There are regular members who, due to time considerations, can't actually stay on the net every day, or will sometimes be on trips where they have no internet access!

And... "shouting" for help in a shoutbox is a pretty dreadful way to contact admins... administrators should be reachable via e-mail posted on the site.

Just my 0.02. Easing up on those restrictions and being more accessible should help your club grow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why is there a need to post once every two days to keep your account? Is it just to populate the board?

Being a long-time member of various car clubs (Nissanbayan, Protegetech, FordClub), that rule doesn't make sense. There are regular members who, due to time considerations, can't actually stay on the net every day, or will sometimes be on trips where they have no internet access!

And... "shouting" for help in a shoutbox is a pretty dreadful way to contact admins... administrators should be reachable via e-mail posted on the site.

Just my 0.02. Easing up on those restrictions and being more accessible should help your club grow.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ya regular posting in a short time frame IMO is not very friendly at all, 2 days is very short... Makes the club very elitist... Samin sa SFCP wala naman posting restrictions but we do delete ZERO POST accounts in 6 months... As long as may 1 post na it can't be deleted without emailing the account owner first... Pag walang reply in a reasonable time then it gets deleted...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ya regular posting in a short time frame IMO is not very friendly at all, 2 days is very short... Makes the club very elitist... Samin sa SFCP wala naman posting restrictions but we do delete ZERO POST accounts in 6 months... As long as may 1 post na it can't be deleted without emailing the account owner first... Pag walang reply in a reasonable time then it gets deleted...

This is true I'm visiting SFCP with matching sound effect pa nga and their president is cool Mam LR and even Hyundai Club of Phil. you can visit anytime and even Team Hyundai of the Phil. and you will notice if there a newbie the guru there and the members are very friendly you'll feel you don't want to live the site it is really full of info or we can say it's like Hyundai wikipedia hehehe because every thing is there and it is arrange according to your needs I wonder why does other can't do it if Tsikot.com and Team Hyundai can do it more powers mga Gurus

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005

I'll say it again, that forum rule is really dumb! Just goes to show that the forum is run by amateurs.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Just keep posting away here at tsikot. May sumasagot naman sa mga queries dito. And don't forget to check the ARCHIVED threads regarding Montero Sports. Wealth of information siya since MSCP din galing iyan.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Muntik na nga rin ako ma ban dyan sa MSCP eh

Kung gusto mo ibenta mo na yung Montero Sport kung meron ka na. Then buy a Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe. :clap:

Masaya kaming lahat sa Team Hyundai. hehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by ben10city
    Like NILKY,Ghost Hunter, Mazda Mazda, Tidus, Benzmizer, Starex Gold, LR, and Saipeme
    Gulat ako dyan ah

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i find that rule unfriendly too. though ive seen worse in other non automotive forums with ultra strict posting rules since tons of people are trying to register. they even close registration for new members quite a bit. that 2 day rule it will just force members to post just for the sake of posting. i think 30 day inactivity might make more sense.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008

+1M ako dito

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi guys,

First of all, our sincerest apology if you cannot access the MSCP WebForum because of a rule violation.

Let me explain first...

MSCP is a car club. We need to settle some rules so that people will know that we are "serious" about this club.

One of the rules stated that:

"2) A MSCP New Member must have at least thirty (30) "sensible" posts in a span of two (2) months (Note: NOT EVERY MONTH) in order to attain the rank of a "Qualified MSCP Bonafide Member". Should said member fail to do so, he/she shall receive a notification warning from a WebForum Moderator thru private messaging. A warned member may still have a chance to garner the required thirty (30) posts during the succeeding month. Failure to do so again shall result in the member's handler name being temporarily suspended without prior notification. Consequently, the member loses his/her status as a MSCP New Member as well as his/her access to this WebForum.

If by chance the member did not receive any warning message from the moderator, he/she will automatically have an extra month to reach the 30-post quota."

It is clearly stated that we only need 30 posts to be a "Qualified MSCP Member". If you reach the quota you will not be temporarily suspended. By the way, we changed the word, "banned" because the latter is quite harsh. The word "suspended" is much okay. We do not require 2 posts per day or the like. We only require the members to reach 30 posts within 3 months. No members are exempted even if you are an OFW because we have lots of OFW who have even more than 100 posts under their name.

Now, i'll explain the reason behind the "30-post rule".

MSCP is a car club...again...The webforum is a tool so that we will know more of each other (in a more secured way). Why in a secured way? If you are just a guest who is just browsing our webforum, you cannot access all the threads. You have to register first before accessing it. After signing up, you will receive an inquiry email from us. The email will ask you if you own a montero sport, a researcher, or a seller. We do not prohibit any sellers in the club. The 30-post rule helps a certain member to interact with other members so that no member will be "aloof". There are a lot of topics to discuss besides "Montero Sport" (e.g. hobbies, sports, photoshoots, etc.)...and I'm sure that all people can relate with it. We are looking for "camaraderie"...MSCP WebForum is not a "wikipedia-like" website. And believe me, there are a lot of reconsidered members who are now active at our webforum. They have contributed well for the benefit of the club. They have even attended EBs.

If anyone have violated the 30-post rule, we are sorry if you read the word "banned" when you log-in. It should be "temporarily suspended". I have already asked Proboards if we can change the word "banned" to "temporarily suspended".

If your handler name has been "temporarily suspended", you can request at the shoutbox for reconsideration & we will uplift your handler name. Why do you need to ask for request at the shoutbox? So that we will know who are the inactive members of the club.

We hope that this post will help all the members to understand the "30-post rule".

Thank you very much.

drivensteven
    MSCP PR & Marketing, WebForum Developer & Photo-Ops Committee Head

MSCP Webforum:
    www.monterosportclubphils.com

MSCP Yahoo! Group Home Page:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monterosportclubphils

MSCP Yahoo! Group Emails:
    monterosportclubphils*yahoo.com
    monterosportclubphils*yahoogroups.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Bakit ako na banned? (in MSCP forums)