New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict View Post
    wala pong test drive ng Pajero. Montero, Strada, Lancer GT, Grandis and Galant 240M lang po
    Its nice to know they have a variety of vehicles for testing. Knowing that the Strada is the newest and will attract the most tests, I hope Mitsubishi makes available several Strada units for testing so that it wont end with the same kind of farce like what happened with the new Camry at Toyota's-abruptly-halted-by- Milenyo-motorshow.

Btw, how long is the test drive time frame for the Strada for each driver?

ok.. montero, galant and strada, pwede? kita-kits nalang hopefully 2mrow,hehe!

pwede sana magtagal sa grandis, since naka-ilang show na siya

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Its nice to know they have a variety of vehicles for testing. Knowing that the Strada is the newest and will attract the most tests, I hope Mitsubishi makes available several Strada units for testing so that it wont end with the same kind of farce like what happened with the new Camry at Toyota's-abruptly-halted-by- Milenyo-motorshow.

Btw, how long is the test drive time frame for the Strada for each driver?

around 10-15min and pwede 2-3 rounds. kanina was the best time to test drive kasi walang pila and walang masyadong tao kahit mga 3pm na, konti lang talaga. dunno tom, baka madaming tao.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    iirc, 4 na strada yung available. i think 2 * m/t and a/t. i tested the a/t, boploks nako with manual eh. hehehehe.

sarap nga kanina, onti tao sa testdrive so if you had the time, pwedeng paulit-ulit. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some comments:

*VERY GOOD ride. I couldn't believe it was leaf sprung. None of the bucking bronco antics of the D21 Frontier and Hilux here.
    *Adequate power. Good enough for me (even with the A/T variant)
    *Huge cabin space. Not sure if they have the largest cabin, but it was very space efficient. Rears seats very comfy also. Missed the mark a bit by not offering center ELR belt and center head restraint.
    *No trim on door panels (it was all plastic). Not very classy but ok for a work truck. Wipes clean and is in a shade that hides dirt (unlike the beige in recent Frontiers and the Hilux).
    *Fuel economy meter reads L/100km not km/L (get your calculators ready! hehehe)
    *Wierd rear bumper. A more conventional looking one is optional for the GLX
    *No provisions for towing (no hitch or pintle hook). Though there are recovery points for off-road use.
    *No gas tank armor

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    malakas ba acceleration? which is better, hilux or strada?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sabi na nga ba at nagkamali ako ng post eh!

Repost po ito...sorry

Me and SarahBaby met up with CarloCarAddict this afternoon, around after lunch. Also met up with Niky briefly as he has another appointment after. Anyways, Niky and Carlo highly recommended the Strada test drive so I did. I got the GLX model with M/T.

Initial Impressions:
    Yes the Toyota Hilux looks more "macho" but the Mitsu Strada has a "chic and hip" feel to it. It does not look like "manghihinayang ka" to drive it on unpaved roads.

I like how the front looks like. I always hated the big Mitsu logo on front but on this particular model, parang bagay sya.

The test drive:
    I was quite amazed at the power this truck gave. The 2.5l displacement proved to be just right for the Strada. It's quiet yet powerful. Well, I'll just leave the technical details to Niky. Mas magaling sya dun eh!

My expectations for a pick up is quite low so I was quite surprised at the ride quality of the Strada. You'd swear you are riding a car on a bumpy road where in reality I was driving the Strada on a really bumby dirt road! To keep it short, the suspension system was SUPERB! The first thing I look at in a vehicle is the ride quality. Everything else is secondary.

Conclusion:
    If I have money, I'd get one myself.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Me inside the All-New Mitsubishi Strada

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    CarloCarAddict and SarahBaby at the back of the new Strada during our test drive. I was driving.
    Last edited by carlocaraddict; October 24th, 2006 at 11:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sayang di na namin naabutan sina Doc Otep, nugundam93 and Djerms.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Aftermath:  Mitsubishi Test Drive- Galant, Lancer 2.0, and the all new STRADA