New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am planning to buy a Pajero 91. Sa friend ko to. Just wanna make sure am getting the worth for my money

What are these things to look for, I am not very familiar with diesels eh

Pag 91 na, turbo intercooler na? All power?
    What are the things to look for if ok pa engine?

Any other tips?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Is it local version or Japan import? If its local, its a gen.1 box type Pajero. If its Japan version, it already has a gen.2 body with intercooler engine, just be particular on the conversion coz jdm Japan are converted units. Both shares the same reliable 4D56 diesel engine. If the price is right(how much is the asking?), you got your money's worth coz Pajero is a very reliable SUV.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It would be better if you get the 2.8L engine, It has no timing belt, its already a timing chain.. and from my feedback... its has a lesser chance that you will be caught smoke bleching..

I'm not particular with the year model..?

by the way... some put kerosene together with their diesel... Is this really helpful in terms of clean emision?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am in dire need of information how to maintain a 91 pajero

Turbo na ba to and dual AC?
    Nakakailang km/liter?

Magkano kaya pa change oil and anong oil gagamitin?
    Magkano din pala timing belt?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun gen 1 ko dati non turbo single aircon (but nag pa dual din ako). ok naman hatak niya until you take it sa high peak...hehehe, but thats another story. just give it the 5,000 km oil/filter change and the usual PMS ok naman siya. 9-10 lm/li city consumption. 7 liters ang oil capacity, 75 liters tankfull, just use the usual special/synthetic diesel oil. oil filter around 300-400 vic while yun oem 1,400. but this was 4 yrs ago. cant recall how much the t-belts are but smae siya with the adventure kasi same engine lang sila.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    7 liters ang oil capacity
    7 liters pala ang 4d56.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got the pajero diesel recently and would need it for a growing family. I hope it will suit as an evryday car, in terms of fuel mileage, parts availability.

Mine has got a DUAL AC,i think pinagawa na ng dati may ari. di rin turbo.
    All power narin.

Napansin ko lang di gumagana temp gauge, pano ba paayos to?
    I don't have an idea when ciya pinalitan oil ? Malalaman ba sa texture and kulay if need na palitan? And timing belt as well, how would you know if need na palitan?

thanks peeps

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Madali kasi umitim ang oil sa diesel kahit mga 2 weeks palang napalitan, just change the oil nalang, prevention is usually better than a cure. ako every time i buy a used car whether or not napalitan na oil o hindi pinapalitan ko, change the oil filter along with the oil, sama mo na air, fuel filters para sure. Wala namang masama mapalitan ng madalas, masakit nga lang sa bulsa hehehe. Since medyo 16 yrs na engine nyan check around for leaks and definitely change the timing belt, pag naputulan ka nyan laking gastos yan and ititirik ka pa sa daan. Most parts are common with the L300, adventure, and the gen 2 pajero naman so costs are probably down, pag bibili ka sabihin mo pang l300 wag pajero para hindi ka tagain

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks alot on your input Peeps

question again:

- Anung magandang oil, brand for this diesel?
    - Ilan pala dapat hangin nitong gulong, stock na pajero mags ("15) and tires; 30 psi ba? yun sabi gasoline boy
    - cira pala temp sending unit sabi mekanik, mahal ba to?

thanks sa help

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ilang Psi po dapat na hangin?
    15" ang size..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Buying a Pajero 91; any tips?