New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yung tok sound ba pag pinabayaan ano mangyayari?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ang problem ko lang sa ADV ko ay masyadong sensitive yung sensor pag malakas ang kulog sirena din kaya tuloy minsan lowbat na di na ma-i-start mabuti na lang may spare akong battery. SO FAR SO EXCELLENT NAMAN GLS ko at 2.8Tkm, ngayon tambay muna sa bahay habang wala ako, 2x a week paandarin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1210
    ang problem ko lang sa ADV ko ay masyadong sensitive yung sensor pag malakas ang kulog sirena din kaya tuloy minsan lowbat na di na ma-i-start mabuti na lang may spare akong battery. SO FAR SO EXCELLENT NAMAN GLS ko at 2.8Tkm, ngayon tambay muna sa bahay habang wala ako, 2x a week paandarin.
    sir jake! sa manual ng alarm natin daming options dun...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My experiences with "defects" having had two Adventures are:

1. Premature warping of the brake rotor disks.
    Ever applied the brakes at speeds of over 60kph? If you feel a judder (parang front wheels that are not balanced) everytime you step on the brakes, your brake rotor disks are warped. In the two Adventures I have owned, this occurs prematurely at around 20k to 30k odometer reading. This happens if the metals used for the disks are inferior and does not withstand normal braking heat and cooling or sudden changes in brake disk temperature (like after a hard brake, you keep the brakes jammed causing poor heat dissipation with the pads locked to the disk or running through a puddle of water that could "shock" a hot brake disk).

These are normal conditions. But because of inferior OEM parts material or built, premature warping happens. Cost to replace is around PhP2,000 each disk not including labor.

2. The "tok" sound or feel on the steering wheel.
    In a separate thread, I wrote about what makes the "tok" sound. Again here, quality check at the plant. Again, in two Adventures I owned, the same irritating experience happens around under 10K on the odometer reading.

An improperly lubricated or not lubricated connecting rod between the steering wheel column and the steering assembly causes this.

3. Improper alignment of front wheel/suspension.
    Yet again, in two Adventures that I owned, do you notice when you first drove your Adventure, was the steering wheel dead center when you drive in a straight line? Chances if it isn't that your unit did not undergo alignment right-quality check.

Are you on your 5k - 10k odometer reading? Notice front tire wear. A Yokohama or Bridgestone tire service center, not a Mitsu casa, can do an alignment job that would save your tire...and money.

Those are about three major "defects" if it could be called that. They are poor built quality and inferior quality checks at the plant.

I wonder, am I jinxed? Or is Mitsubishi heading down the quality drain?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertB
    My experiences with "defects" having had two Adventures are:

1. Premature warping of the brake rotor disks.
    Ever applied the brakes at speeds of over 60kph? If you feel a judder (parang front wheels that are not balanced) everytime you step on the brakes, your brake rotor disks are warped.

2. The "tok" sound or feel on the steering wheel.

3. Improper alignment of front wheel/suspension.

I wonder, am I jinxed? Or is Mitsubishi heading down the quality drain?
    For number 1, I used to experience that sort of brake 'judder', which I learned afterwards was caused by sudden temperature changes on the brakes (like water splashes). So now when I know I used the brakes a lot after a long period of driving, I try to avoid puddles, or having my ride washed. So now, the last I experienced the 'judder' was like 2 years ago. (BTW, it also appeared on my other AUVs, a Highlander and a Revo.)

For number 2, I changed that steering joint twice already. According to my mechanic, sakit ng Adventure yan. In both cases, no matter how I lubed it, medyo napudpod na ang bearing inside. My solution for this was driving carefully and avoiding all them potholes and such.

As for alignment, I never trusted the casa. Whenever they do my alignment during the early PMS, I always stood by and watched what they do. Oh and BTW, I never trusted CASA supplied tires. Palit kaagad from Goatyear (or similar tires na madaling mabukol, di kumakapit, rough ride, etc.) to something made in Japan. I'd rather spend more on tires than bet on my life when they fail.

Right now, my odometer has a clicking sound. No matter what sort of change we did sa cables, ganon pa rin. There was once naman nag leak sa edge ng front windshield ko, which I fixed using silicone. There are some more minor defects I've seen, but I guess I can live with them. Basta huwag lang life-threatening defect lol!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbo
    IMHO, baka madamay ang ibang parts ng suspension, yung mauna siguro yung power steering.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    "Right now, my odometer has a clicking sound. No matter what sort of change we did sa cables, ganon pa rin."
    ================================

Dieseler,

Yep, all your points about preventing brake rotor disk warping taken. Matter of fact, all that you mentioned as preventive measures, ginagawa ko. Despite the conscious effort, tinamaan pa rin ako with my two units. Buti na lang, with one, it was covered by warranty. Sad that we, auto buyers, have to adjust to deficiencies in quality of Mitsu Philippines.

I had the same clicking sound from the instrumentation cluster in one of my unit just soon after it was delivered. The sound was coming from the speedometer cogs of the instrument cluster. What was done was the cogs of the speedometer and the two ends of the odo/speedo cable were simply lubricated with grease. Luckily that did the job. Simple solution to what should not have been a worry in the first place.

Cheers!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertB
    "Right now, my odometer has a clicking sound. No matter what sort of change we did sa cables, ganon pa rin."
    ================================

Dieseler,

Yep, all you points about preventing brake rotor disk warping taken. Matter of fact, all that you mentioned as preventive measures, ginagawa ko. Despite the conscious effort, tinamaan pa rin ako twice in two vehicles. Buti na lang, with one, it was covered by warranty. Sad that we, auto buyers, have to adjust to deficiencies in quality of Mitsu Philippines.

I had the same clicking sound from the instrumentation cluster in my unit just soon after the unit was delivered. The sound was coming from the speedometer cogs of the instrument cluster. What was done with my unit was the cogs of the speedometer and the two ends of the odo/speedo cable were simply lubricated with grease. Luckily that did the job. Simple solution to what should not have been a worry in the first place.

Cheers!

Hi Albertb,

I was told that those rotor judders will disappear in time. It seems that parang totoo nga... I still have to feel that after more than a year. Dati nga, they suggested that I have the rotor 'refaced' and all that, and of course, it's an additional cost I find too expensive. Pero among the three AUVs, I liked the Adventure brakes a lot. They have the biggest disk brake rotors, as compared to the teeny weeny rotors of the Hilander (for the size of the vehicle)... tuloy takot ako mag drive ng mabilis with a Hilander!

The cable was replaced and everything was greased, but still may problem. Seems to be that its inside the instrument panel lol... oh well... at least its not as irrititating as the 'tok' sound!

Among the three, I'd say na halos pare-pareho lang ang mga amount of minor defects, and I still have to see a major defect, such as the one plaguing the new Toyota diesels.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    WOW Nag pa alignment pa naman ako sa fairview diamond motors... yung promo nila na 999 only.... kapapalit ko palang kc ng mags at tires yung una ko kc hindi pantay ang pudpod... sir any recommend shop ng wheel alignment yung ok talaga kc ang mahal ng tires tapos premature ma uupod na agad... pls help...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
adventure factory defect