New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    [SIZE="4"]hi guys, i came across a junk 1993 or 1995 itlog lancer and planning to make it my project car. how do i know if it is a 4g15 engine or a 4g92? it doesnt have any papers. what i just know is that it has an sohc EFI engine and no power windows and no power steering. this is where i get confused cos i thought all efi 4g92 engines had power steering but it seems that this one has not... and any suggestions on my project on how i can make this car gain some hp without spending too much money and tweaking of ecu? since i'm from a remote province, there are no shops here that tweaks ecu's.

future plans:
    high flow air filter
    cold air intake
    headers
    2"-2 1/2" exhaust pipe
    racing cams
    polishing of cylinder heads

thanks![/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I would advise you to focus first on its ride before adding any accesory or customizing some of its parts. Below could be your initial checklist:
    Battery
    Starter - is it cranking
    alternator - is it still cranking after using it.
    Lights - as in all lights should be working (from inside to outside)
    Oil leaks - check for any oil leaks.
    Temperature - is it overheating?
    Underchassis - fix all the kalampag major and minor; front to rear
    RPM - is it iding well

Each of these has another checklist. just keep me updated. hope this would help you.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    no papers? check the papers first if its not a hot car, i believe you cant run around the roads without papers. then for the engine, stock for the gli is 4g15. walang fan belt for power steering? thats odd. i think there is power steering if its gli.

for performance, change to 4g63 is the best for lancer project car but if its just to gain a few hp, intake, headers and exhaust upgrades should do it. cams is also nice and do advance timing hangang magtope na yung tunog. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If it has an engine with EFI and does not have power steering, it is most likely a 93 or 94 GLi with a 4g15 SOHC engine. We have a Lancer 93 GLi without power steering and without power windows. But you still need to check its papers because how can the owner sell it to you without papers.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks for all your help guys. but i already registered it. it was a 4g15 sohc 1993 model.

any ideas how to make it faster but without spending too much money? i want it to be a "sleeper" (a car that looks slow but in reality, is quite fast) i'd like to be in level with those hatchback civics.

*archie: thought of changing the engine to 4g63 but it would cost me a lot. the engine itself is about 45k without transmission. 60k with transmission

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    palit makina 4G92 MIVEC

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir question, i just got a cheap 93 lancer glxi last monday july25,2011
    as per my observation sa rpm ko, pag naka-aircon bumababa rpm ko, pero di nman namamatayan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiboy8 View Post
    I would advise you to focus first on its ride before adding any accesory or customizing some of its parts. Below could be your initial checklist:
    Battery
    Starter - is it cranking
    alternator - is it still cranking after using it.
    Lights - as in all lights should be working (from inside to outside)
    Oil leaks - check for any oil leaks.
    Temperature - is it overheating?
    Underchassis - fix all the kalampag major and minor; front to rear
    RPM - is it iding well

Each of these has another checklist. just keep me updated. hope this would help you.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    ganun din nangyayari sa kin eh. sakit yata talaga ng Lancer yun eh.

Quote Originally Posted by xxgrendel View Post
    Sir question, i just got a cheap 93 lancer glxi last monday july25,2011
    as per my observation sa rpm ko, pag naka-aircon bumababa rpm ko, pero di nman namamatayan.

4g15 and 4g92 sohc