New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Nakabit na nila the whole afternoon ang pressure tester. They loaded it to 22 psi, dropped to 20, and stayed there from 1pm to 430pm. Regarding airlock, pinaandar na rin nila ang makina with the radiator cap removed. Napalitan na rin nila ang coolant and water in the whole system several times kasi tinanggal nila ang thermostat, then another time binalik ang thermostat, then on a separate occasion, pinalitan ang water pump, then another occasion pinalitan ang radiator.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    ^ kindly update sir what happened after these procedures?

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    They loaded it to 22 psi, dropped to 20,
    It should not drop. Can you ask the casa guys to investigate further? How did they come up with 22 psi? Meron ba sila technical manual na tiningnan? Or its because 22 was a lucky number for them?

Ask for details like, what is the system pressure when the engine is at normal operating temperature.

Have them test your radiator cap, it can be tested using the same pressure tester. The rating is mentioned on the cap itself. If its not holding pressure, replace it.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Lovelife corolla ko dati, lagi umiinit, lagi nauubos tubig...sira pala rad cap. Sumisingaw pressure pag maiinit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I went to the casa this morning. Sinilip ko ang radiator cap. It stated 108kpa. I converted it to psi and its supposedly 15psi. I called the service advisor and we went to the car with the tester. We pumped it to slightly above 15. I was there for 15 minutes. Steady naman. I asked the service advisor to let me know ano ulit ang reading after an hour. They have sent a report to Manila plant for advise kasi di na alam ano pa ang gagawin unless there is a need to open up the engine but may duda sila kasi there are no signs of damaged head gasket.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I went to the casa this morning. Sinilip ko ang radiator cap. It stated 108kpa. I converted it to psi and its supposedly 15psi. I called the service advisor and we went to the car with the tester. We pumped it to slightly above 15. I was there for 15 minutes. Steady naman. I asked the service advisor to let me know ano ulit ang reading after an hour. They have sent a report to Manila plant for advise kasi di na alam ano pa ang gagawin unless there is a need to open up the engine but may duda sila kasi there are no signs of damaged head gasket.
    pag nag overheat ba nag babawas ng fluid after?

kalokohan yan casa na yan, wala pressure tester at nang heram pa sa iba, basic tools kase yan...

anyways, tingin ka na ng second option... pwede mo pa lagyan ng dye yan tapos trace kung saan nag leak

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is the replacement aux fan also brand new oem?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The aux fan is a japan replacement unit.

Mitsu reported to me that the installed aux fan air flow was reverse, palabas daw ang air flow kaysa from outside and blowing towards the condenser. It still does not make sense why mag overheat, going uphill then pagdating sa bahay, naka idling, tumataas siya.

I did notice that it happens when I switch off the a/c thermostat that effectively turn off the compressor and the aux fan. However, this is what I do for the past several years and with my other cars. Even with this Montero, the temperature is steady, until recently. They released the car to me to observe after reversing the aux fan's polarity, but on 3 occasions na, tumataas pa rin ang temp while idling pagdating sa gate ng bahay.

I brought the car to an outside shop. With the engine warmed up, we slowly opened the radiator cap and observed it. We noticed very fine bubbles na parang pulbo o fine dust, then every so often, parang may isang malaking bubble. Sabi nya this is a sign of a small leak at the gasket area. I have texted the casa service advisor about it but he didn't reply. He is actually in Manila at Mitsu plant for training and he said before leaving for Manila he will take it up with the assembly plant.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

That bubble may be the culprit.

Proceed with caution on what I'm about to advise you.

This suggestion is a gamble, it MAY or MAY NOT cure your overheating issues. Or it MAY make it worse.

But since a "small" leak is present as evident of the bubble, then ultimately you have no recourse but to do a top overhaul.

I suggest you have the cylinder heads re-torqued. Higpitan ulit. That way, maybe the small leak can be sealed or clamped shut by the squeezed gasket material.

Open this topic to your service advisor or at the guys in the "outside" shop and ask for their opinions.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 6th, 2016 at 05:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

That bubble may be the culprit.

Proceed with caution on what I'm about to advise you.

This suggestion is a gamble, it MAY or MAY NOT cure your overheating issues. Or it MAY make it worse.

But since a "small" leak is present as evident of the bubble, then ultimately you have no recourse but to do a top overhaul.

I suggest you have the cylinder heads re-torqued. Higpitan ulit. That way, maybe the small leak can be sealed or clamped shut by the squeezed gasket material.

Open this topic to your service advisor or at the guys in the "outside" shop and ask for their opinions.
    +1 on this.

Make sure pantay torque ng lahat ng bolts though

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast