New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My A/T montero GLS has problems with overheating. Pabalik balik na sya sa casa. Initially tinanggal/condemned thermostat and cleaned the radiator fins. Pero after 1 week or so, bumalik ang problema. When the new thermostat became available, pinakabit ko. Tumaas pa rin. Next, pinalitan nila ang water pump, after a week or so, tumaas ulit. The problem does not come out right away. Casa also checked it with their computers, tried replacing the sensors but says there is nothing wrong with the sensors. Eventually, may GLX Montero A/T pumasok sa casa while waiting for insurance claim for total loss but the radiator was not affected. Kinabit nil yung radiator sa unit ko. It ran for a week but last night, going uphill for 500 meters at 50kph and 2,500 rpm, then 200-300 meters at 40kph and 2,800rpm before mag level off ang road, by the time we level off, the temp starts to creep up to the next line, and slowly goes up to almost red, then I would pop the hood to improve the ventilation.

There is no bubbles on the coolant reservoir, nor is there oil/water mix to say there is a head gasket problem. Naubos na kasi ang ano pa pwedeng masabi na yun ang cause ng overheat. An outside shop said na baka may leak ang head gasket that when going uphill, causes pressure buildup but not noticeable in terms of bubbles or oil/water mix.

Unit is at 77K mileage.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yun din ang theory ng outside shop. This would mean opening the engine, top overhaul, crack testing the block. I will have to ask Mitsu casa if they have that cooling system pressure tester.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kapag medyo nag high rev na siya saka tumataas ung temp.baka nga sa may tama ang head.pag nag init na at high rev nag wa wrap na ung head.ang bata pa ng makina mo para maapektuhan ang head..san ba kadalasan ginagamit yang sasakyan mo.sa patag ba or madalas sa mga bundok?

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    ....parang gustong manahin ang sakit nung sinaunang 4d56 a.

pa pressure test mo muna kung head gasket, etc. para marule out ang anumang "theory" ng mga shop na iyan. kesa naman style russian roullette na repair.

icheck mo nga kung freewheeling na yung fan clutch.

how about other items like hoses & timing belt, kelan ang last na palit?

tsaka tuwing tumatakbo lang ba sa highway ang rising temps nyan or at traffic?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Radiator clutch is checked and working properly. Napalitan ko na ang auxillary fan kasi sira na. Timing belt not yet changed, target ko kasi 80k. The overheating is erratic. During the time before the radiator was changed but the thermostat was replaced, minsan during heavy traffic at early afternoon tumaas sya. But not all the time. Then when the water pump was replaced na, naka park ako sa campo (police) while waiting for someone, nawala ang lamig ng a/c, nakita ko tumaas ang temp. Kaya ayun, binalik sa casa, then the radiator was replaced from that total wreck unit. After the radiator was replaced, a few days after, normal naman ang temp reading pero nawawala ang lamig ng a/c, so i had the condenser's fins cleaned. Ok na sya for a week. My house is on the side of a hill, so daily may paakyat, but it is not enough to say parating hirap ang makina. I keep a steady speed of around 40kph and around 2,200 rpm going uphill, except for that short portion before reaching the house.

For the past week, yung usage nya in the city proper/flat area the temperature was steady. It was only last night that I noticed it crept up, but that was because I was forced to overtake someone at the hilly portion going home. But since it was like 10pm, hot days is not a contributing factor anymore. Previously before all these problems came up, overtaking at that same area will not cause the temperature to move. Its expected to remain steady kasi di ko naman hinahataw ng paakyat. Although on a few occasions, nahataw ko but the temp still remained steady.

Pati na ang service advisor at yung service manager nagkakamot ng ulo.
    Last edited by altec; September 28th, 2016 at 04:18 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Radiator clutch is checked and working properly. Napalitan ko na ang auxillary fan kasi sira na. Timing belt not yet changed, target ko kasi 80k. The overheating is erratic. During the time before the radiator was changed but the thermostat was replaced, minsan during heavy traffic at early afternoon tumaas sya. But not all the time. Then when the water pump was replaced na, naka park ako sa campo (police) while waiting for someone, nawala ang lamig ng a/c, nakita ko tumaas ang temp. Kaya ayun, binalik sa casa, then the radiator was replaced from that total wreck unit. After the radiator was replaced, a few days after, normal naman ang temp reading pero nawawala ang lamig ng a/c, so i had the condenser's fins cleaned. Ok na sya for a week. My house is on the side of a hill, so daily may paakyat, but it is not enough to say parating hirap ang makina. I keep a steady speed of around 40kph and around 2,200 rpm going uphill, except for that short portion before reaching the house.

For the past week, yung usage nya in the city proper/flat area the temperature was steady. It was only last night that I noticed it crept up, but that was because I was forced to overtake someone at the hilly portion going home. But since it was like 10pm, hot days is not a contributing factor anymore. Previously before all these problems came up, overtaking at that same area will not cause the temperature to move. Its expected to remain steady kasi di ko naman hinahataw ng paakyat. Although on a few occasions, nahataw ko but the temp still remained steady.

Pati na ang service advisor at yung service manager nagkakamot ng ulo.
    Sir silicone oil sa fan? Ok naman ba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *Bakero, yup, ok ang radiator fan.
    *lowslowbenz, I went to the casa this morning, sinabi ko tungkol sa cooling system pressure tester. They said meron sila nito sa kabilang branch. They will have the tester sent over.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    *Bakero, yup, ok ang radiator fan.
    *lowslowbenz, I went to the casa this morning, sinabi ko tungkol sa cooling system pressure tester. They said meron sila nito sa kabilang branch. They will have the tester sent over.
    `
    nga pala may naalala ako.problema same ng sayo.4d56 sabi mo nga dimo pa napapabuksan ang sa timing belt.subukan mo din munang pa baklas.kasi ung sa kumpare ko ganyan ang naging problema check na lahat pero nag oover heat parin.nung binuksan ung harapan.putol ung balancer belt.ung timing belt na maliit.nung napalitan ayun umokey na..

mukang may kaugnayan yang balancer belt na yan sa pag oover heat

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    From wikiHOW Engine Overheating Q&A topics:

I changed the hose, water pump, radiator, and thermostat but my car keeps overheating. What else can I do? Answered by wikiHow Contributor
    Your coolant system may be air locked. Contact a mechanic for help.
    Airlock link:
    Air lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast