New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you are saying,
    in aggressive driving, the heavier four-banger city gives better km/li figures than the lighter three-banger mirage?
    Because the former doesn't need to rev that high (i.e. less throttle pressure) to get power.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    during said aggressive driving the city most likely will spend more time at its more efficient (rpm) range rather than the mirage that will be at higher rpms most of the time to produce more power at the expense of fuel economy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My neighbor used to have both an Expedition and gas Revo back in 2000. He prefers driving the Expedition both for the ride, the presence and surprisingly the fuel economy. Di daw hirap makina despite the size so it was more frugal than the Revo who had an underpowered engine.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    based on my personal experience...

for cars below 1.5L. you only save on petrol kapag naka-stop yung car (of course engine running) OR moving at a constant speed below 70km/h

stop and go traffic (same with "konting" agressive driving) - car's power to weight ratio is very important

first noticed this nung College with the XL/XE vs GLi, kapag highway driving na, mas matulin yung GLi tapos mas matipid pa sa gas

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    based on my personal experience...

for cars below 1.5L. you only save on petrol kapag naka-stop yung car (of course engine running) OR moving at a constant speed below 70km/h

stop and go traffic (same with "konting" agressive driving) - car's power to weight ratio is very important

first noticed this nung College with the XL/XE vs GLi, kapag highway driving na, mas matulin yung GLi tapos mas matipid pa sa gas
    big plus sa fuel economy ang GLi kapag fuel injection vs carburetor ang XL\XE. lalo na kung wala pa sa tono yung carburetor

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    My neighbor used to have both an Expedition and gas Revo back in 2000. He prefers driving the Expedition both for the ride, the presence and surprisingly the fuel economy. Di daw hirap makina despite the size so it was more frugal than the Revo who had an underpowered engine.
    uy expedition. dito ko unang narinig ang 4-5kms/liter noon! hehe. i get it though under certain circumstances lalo na kung wala sa tono makina ng revo 5k,7k, getting the same fuel economy as an expedition in not entirely unheard of.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the fuel appetite of the gas revo was not argueably low...,
    because no one could argue against it. heh heh.
    but it made up for it in its reliable utility.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    big plus sa fuel economy ang GLi kapag fuel injection vs carburetor ang XL\XE. lalo na kung wala pa sa tono yung carburetor
    when i am asked by someone about that pre-owned big body corolla,
    my advice has always been, "get the fuel-injection gli; it has less headaches than the carb models."

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    bilib lang ako sa Revo (and FX) noon. kahit gaanong kalakas sa gas, walang naniniwala

yung classmate ko dati naka Revo (Gas) papasok. kapag stuck kami sa traffic unit unti na syang papawisan...

Me: ok lang yan pre, di pa bumababa yung fuel gauge
    Revo Owner: pre, pag tinanggal ko yung susi tapos nagstart ka ulit, saka mo lang makikita na konti na pala gas mo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    bilib lang ako sa Revo (and FX) noon. kahit gaanong kalakas sa gas, walang naniniwala

yung classmate ko dati naka Revo (Gas) papasok. kapag stuck kami sa traffic unit unti na syang papawisan...

Me: ok lang yan pre, di pa bumababa yung fuel gauge
    Revo Owner: pre, pag tinanggal ko yung susi tapos nagstart ka ulit, saka mo lang makikita na konti na pala gas mo
    taktakin ang gauge!
    heh heh.

"pare, medyo mabilis yata ang car clock mo."
    "hindi clock yan. fuel gauge yan."
    Last edited by dr. d; February 12th, 2022 at 10:03 PM.

2020 Mitsubishi Mirage and G4