New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by micro24 View Post
    Hindi ko magets, bakit sa dmax namin may vibration ang steering wheel every potholes, big cracks and rough pavements pero hindi ito normal sa Montero sport?
    Either lose nuts and bolts sa front suspension and steering or a rubber bushing issue or tie-rod ends. Its a wear&tear issue for dmax/mux. Lots of videos how to trouble shoot.

The issue with the montero sport is different.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Parang most MS owners here don't really mind the design flaw of the steering column? I think others should voice out the issue with their dealership so that Mitsu Phils will act on this Asap!

Mentioned on the thai forum that two manufacturer were commissioned to build the steering column and rack n pinion.

I guess the one that we got was the flawed one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sana mmpc can address this. My experience is this. Kabig sa right, sabi obserbahan ko. Then punta na lang ako sa local computerized alignment shop, check it, its not align nga, and get this loose ang mga nuts and bolts. But unfortunately, may kabig pa rin. Balanced all the wheels. Well, slow run, wala naman na kabig. But sctex run. When i let go of the steering, its like the steering will veer a little to the right, everytime, di ba dapat diretso lang. But when i hold it center, its still veer a little to the right, but not like nung una.
    And another one, is in manila, when i make a u-turn, or hard left, theres a thug sound underneath. Ill have it check too. Sana, maayos ito ng mmpc. If they could, its perfect.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by auroraoffroader View Post
    Sana mmpc can address this. My experience is this. Kabig sa right, sabi obserbahan ko. Then punta na lang ako sa local computerized alignment shop, check it, its not align nga, and get this loose ang mga nuts and bolts. But unfortunately, may kabig pa rin. Balanced all the wheels. Well, slow run, wala naman na kabig. But sctex run. When i let go of the steering, its like the steering will veer a little to the right, everytime, di ba dapat diretso lang. But when i hold it center, its still veer a little to the right, but not like nung una.
    And another one, is in manila, when i make a u-turn, or hard left, theres a thug sound underneath. Ill have it check too. Sana, maayos ito ng mmpc. If they could, its perfect.
    I also experienced this when we took home our unit. It Veers a little to the right while I'm on Nlex north bound. Though tolerable, but still not acceptable since we bought it brand new!

I wanna suggest if MSCP should be involve, then with the group's help we can file a petition.

Ps. Haven't got it check if the wheels are align. But I suspect that its off by a bit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ramiel17 View Post
    Parang most MS owners here don't really mind the design flaw of the steering column? I think others should voice out the issue with their dealership so that Mitsu Phils will act on this Asap!

Mentioned on the thai forum that two manufacturer were commissioned to build the steering column and rack n pinion.

I guess the one that we got was the flawed one.

Not all are affected im guessing. But most owners dont know about tsikot forums. I guess its just a matter of time before the number complaints will increase.

Just so you know for every 1000 owner only 1-10 are tiskot members. Heheheh

Hopefully tsikot.com owner/s try to invest in promoting the forums via facebook. Of course that will cost money lol.
    Last edited by StockEngine; April 24th, 2016 at 04:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I don't have this problem. So maybe not all have the issue. Plus, steering vibration is normal on uneven roads but constant vibrations are not. Nway a car owner will normally feel if there is something amiss. Is there by any chance some of you experienced the problem when changing from size 20 wheels?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Mine is all stock. No plans yet in changing to bigger wheels.

That's why I mentioned before that could this be a steering/road feedback!? But it doesn't seems right eh!

Because my elantra w/c has an EPS don't have such road feedback kahit pa iharabas ko to edsa.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My unit veers slightly to the right but very tolerable. But of course gusto ko perfect sya so will have it aligned sa thursday at the casa.
    No steering shake though so hopefully walang malaking problem underneath.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have an almost 5 months old unit with more than 5k kms and I dont have this kind of issue with steering.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Yes the more i used my ms the more that I realize that its rather a steering/road feedback. Got really used to EPS steering.

But i would still get it check as there're instances that part of the steering column/joints are hitting some hard rubber. To give you an idea, if you ever used a rubber hammer then pound it on metal its like that but very soft thud. This only happens on very uneven roads/bumps but not frequently.

Will get to try it on TPLEX this week and lets see. On Nlex I didn't experience it. Aside from the slightly veering to the right.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast