New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 149 of 501 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Same problem with mine (GLS Sport 3.2 AT), it's SCV problem. It's more noticeable during acceleration with load or uphill. Dealer supposedly ordered replacement part already but it's been 3 weeks already.
    i think they are just delaying, waiting for your vehicle to stall so that they can give you the "dirty diesel" argument and tell you that they will replace the scv for free but will charge you the labor to clean out the fuel tank and replace the scv.been there, done that.... call them up and be firm about the scv issue.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    i think they are just delaying, waiting for your vehicle to stall so that they can give you the "dirty diesel" argument and tell you that they will replace the scv for free but will charge you the labor to clean out the fuel tank and replace the scv.been there, done that.... call them up and be firm about the scv issue.
    Well, they can't use the dirty diesel argument, have all the Shell V-power diesel receipts on record. Will follow up again today. It took them months to replace the steering column, at first they wanted to let the symptom worsen before replacing it but I insisted that they replace it.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    honestly at 12,000kms, i think it is still too early for egr cleaning and had my scv replaced last may2010 with only 6,000kms at the odometer.
    bro, there is no such thing as too early for the egr cleaning... i personally saw a 6 month old gls sport unit barado na agad ang egr, wala pa 6k kms... as usual, dirty diesel daw ang culprit

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    bro, there is no such thing as too early for the egr cleaning... i personally saw a 6 month old gls sport unit barado na agad ang egr, wala pa 6k kms... as usual, dirty diesel daw ang culprit
    Sir, what does egr stands for? How much do they usually charge for cleaning?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolSilver View Post
    Sir, what does egr stands for? How much do they usually charge for cleaning?
    exhaust gas recirculation yan sir. Kunting exhaust gas ng sasakyan (usually kapag naka-idle ka) ay ibinabalik sa combustion chamber para masama sa susunugin uli, It lowers nitrogen oxide for the betterment of the environment but it does get clogged up in due time. I-DIY mo na lang sir, madali lang naman basta may tools ka at gas lang katapat niyan. Wag na sa casa, sa labas na lang. Mag-serack ka sa internet, dami na gumawan niyan. Ako DIY din lang and pag-condem. No problem naman after almost 6 months na. Kung hindi sana crdi engine mo, better na i-condem mo na lang yan para walang problem.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    exhaust gas recirculation yan sir. Kunting exhaust gas ng sasakyan (usually kapag naka-idle ka) ay ibinabalik sa combustion chamber para masama sa susunugin uli, It lowers nitrogen oxide for the betterment of the environment but it does get clogged up in due time. I-DIY mo na lang sir, madali lang naman basta may tools ka at gas lang katapat niyan. Wag na sa casa, sa labas na lang. Mag-serack ka sa internet, dami na gumawan niyan. Ako DIY din lang and pag-condem. No problem naman after almost 6 months na. Kung hindi sana crdi engine mo, better na i-condem mo na lang yan para walang problem.
    sir panu ba mag linis ng EGR, bka meron kayo video tutorial dyan hhehee, naalala ko cinabi nga sa akin ng mekaniko sa kasa na dapat daw lnisin ang EGR, pero hindi ko pinansin, heheh. as of now nawala yun nabubulunan, pero next week dadalhin ko na agad sa casa to check, saka yun actuator. ayaw mag lock ng alarm pero tumutunog at active ciya, sa mga navarra owners kaya, madami kaya sila na encounter na problems sa unit nila, satin kasi madami. pero I still love the strada, ok kasi porma, lakas ng aircon kahit di pa ako nagpapalinis, 47k kilometers na ok parin.

sa toyota daw its injector problem ata, mas masakit sa ulo yun, we have trooper tlgang masakit sa bulsa hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post

+1m! kay pauland ba yan atty?

palinis mo na yan sir Kcboy...for sure magugulat ka kung gano karami makuhang carbon dun sa EGR... if the acceleration is really restricted and the lost of power is really evident mga 2 to 3 tablespoon yan....just like on my first cleaning.....on my second cleaning mga 1 1/2 tbsp ang nakuha kasi on the 3rd gear lang nagkakaron ng glitch... HTH
    Last edited by locoroco777; May 4th, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The Strada Club of the Philippines South will host a Mini EB on Saturday, May 7 at Petron Westgate, Alabang Town Center, also in front of Total Gas Station, 7:30PM onwards. Agenda will be the upcoming Dive EB either in Anilao or Bolinao. All members are invited. Applicants are also welcome to join and can submit their application forms there. See you there!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Just wondering if the new VGT strada's have the same SCV unit and same number/quality of fuel filters as the old ones? If so why wouldn't mitsubishi change them to fit our dirty diesel needs? Kind of disappointing since this is the major factor why I wouldn't buy a strada. But I guess any CRDi engine would have similar problems also. Though I heard the Navara doesn't since 2 fuel filter nila. TIA

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir locoroco777,

kanino ko po pwede ipaclean ang egr, aside from the casa???any idea onthe price to clean this??? you advise will be highly appreciated..

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]