New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hello.Am new here.Hope this finds you well. Got a problem with the automatic transmission of our Galant VR6. It stumbles especially on light acceleration. i was told that this seems to be a perennial A/T issue with the VR.( in that case this is an old issue but apologies for bothering you with ideas) I thought at first that it may have been a clogged fuel injectors since stumbling is one classic symptom of that prob. Diamond Motors thinks it is otherwise and thus diagnosed A/T as the culprit.

question:
    1. can the AT be overhauled? is it a better alternative than buying a surplus? where therefore?

2. could it be just cleaned, filters/ ATF be drained then changed in the first place?

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Already had my 1995 Galant VR A/T transmission overhauled 2 yrs ago. Get in touch with Bochet (0916) 3285158 or (0919) 4897046. At that time, he charged me P8k for the labor. The generic A/T overhaul kit costs around P10k. Took around 3 or 4 days for the overhaul. so far, ok na ulit humatak yung VR ko...balik na sa dati.

1996 Mitsu Galant A/T Issues