Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Reminds me of the Magpul PDR... I guess that is its spiritual successor
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Speaking of Magpul...

Put a CTR stock together with TWS' dogleg rail and fore end in a Vepr and you have yourself the ultimate mid-range AK

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS VEPR 7.62x39 CQB RIFLE - TIER 1

But... in terms of control and weight, Travis Haley's AK-74 (custom built by Rifle Dynamic's Jim Fuller) is full of win

Last edited by safeorigin; April 26th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin

now this is just full of awesome

Spike’s Tactical ST-15 Zombie Killer
    Awesome indeed. I've seen this but without the zombie markings from my local gun store. Ordering from Spike's is a pain. Wait time sometimes could reach up to 8 weeks. I'm seriously considering getting a ST-15 16" simply because of their reputation and lifetime warranty.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Well, if you have cash to burn there's LaRue Tactical OBR(endorsed by Chris Costa) and Christensen Arms(Carbon Fiber Barrel)...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin
    Well, if you have cash to burn there's LaRue Tactical OBR(endorsed by Chris Costa) and Christensen Arms(Carbon Fiber Barrel)...
    Spike's for zombie outbreak scenario.
    LaRue or Chrstensen for alien invasion scenario.
    Krebs KTR, Vepr or Saiga for other SHTF scenarios.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Now, you have to wonder if you'll grow a full sized beard fist just wielding the OBR

Other SHTF scenario = Killer asteroid impact, water world, mad max post apocalyptic scenario

The world as we know it may be gone, but that AK damn sure still is working :rofl:
    Last edited by safeorigin; April 26th, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ok let's make this a philippine set up zombie, your choice of 4 weapons and 1 transpo readily available in the philippines and 3 people that would go with you. explain why

1. transpo
    my choice would be the new ford ranger wildtrack since it has a pretty high ground clearance, off-road capability which means it can go almost anywhere and diesel. of course it's not available yet but it will be next year.

2. weapons
    m4-because ammo and spare parts are easily available
    armscor m30sas-because it will be pretty easy to find one, parts are all over the place and fires any kind of 12guage ammo you feed into it.
    glock17-reliable and next to impossible to break, parts are easy to find, ammo is easy to find, can take a beating
    machete-can be used as a weapon and for everything else

3.people
    one of our maintenance employee - can fix pretty much anything, cook, hunt, build stuff
    my friend - ex us marine
    solenn heussaff - to satisfy my needs and since she's been into survival philippines i'm sure she can help out and won't complain unlike most girls.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ok let's make this a philippine set up zombie, your choice of 4 weapons and 1 transpo readily available in the philippines and 3 people that would go with you. explain why

1. transpo
    my choice would be the new ford ranger wildtrack since it has a pretty high ground clearance, off-road capability which means it can go almost anywhere and diesel. of course it's not available yet but it will be next year.

2. weapons
    m4-because ammo and spare parts are easily available
    armscor m30sas-because it will be pretty easy to find one, parts are all over the place and fires any kind of 12guage ammo you feed into it.
    glock17-reliable and next to impossible to break, parts are easy to find, ammo is easy to find, can take a beating
    machete-can be used as a weapon and for everything else

3.people
    one of our maintenance employee - can fix pretty much anything, cook, hunt, build stuff
    my friend - ex us marine
    solenn heussaff - to satisfy my needs and since she's been into survival philippines i'm sure she can help out and won't complain unlike most girls.
    For me here it is.

1. Transpo - LC80 with snorkel, M/T; very durable, so easy to maintain, diesel fuel system is so easy to maintain, can go almost anywhere. Did I say it's a diesel so you can most probably find its fuel anywhere. With Baldwin oil, fuel filters and hurricane air filters para reusable & washable.

2. Weapons- don't know much but an AK-47 would do for me. Then lots of grenades of course and the pistol, I prefer this one.

A traditional medium sized bolo for a bit of filipino taste. Easy to sharpen and easy to repair.

3. People - I'll be realistic so its my wife and son and our trusted dog(okay its not human but I consider it part of the family). A set of tools is all I need 'coz I can DIY car problems.

And Bayani Agbayani for a bit of comedy.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    1. Transport: Mi-24 Mk. 3, I have some friends

2. Arsenal:

Vepr AK-74: 14" Shortened Barrel, TWS dust cover + fore end, Bolton Gas block, Krebs Custom Safety, Red Star Trigger Group, Bulgarian Bakelite Mags, Aimpoint Red Dot, Mako Group Pistol Grip, PWS FSC custom compensator, Magpul CTR + collapsible recoil buffer adapter

Kriss Vector: Suppressed, Aimpoint Red Dot

Arsenal Firearms Strike One "Strizhi" Pistol

12" Sirupate: Duracoated

3. People: Some Friends

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    1. Transport: Mi-24 Mk. 3, I have some friends

2. Arsenal:

Vepr AK-74: 14" Shortened Barrel, TWS dust cover + fore end, Bolton Gas block, Krebs Custom Safety, Red Star Trigger Group, Bulgarian Bakelite Mags, Aimpoint Red Dot, Mako Group Pistol Grip, PWS FSC custom compensator, Magpul CTR + collapsible recoil buffer adapter

Kriss Vector: Suppressed, Aimpoint Red Dot

Arsenal Firearms Strike One "Strizhi" Pistol

12" Sirupate: Duracoated

3. People: Some Friends
    all your choices aren't readily available in the philippines.

*safeorigin: the fn 5.7 is a 220k pistol, hard to find and ammo is one of the most expensive and rare ammo here in the philippines. my uncle was selling me his fn 5.7 for 120k but i declined since you can't get a ptc for it and ammo is 150 each and good luck trying to find some. kaya tinangihan ko dahil di ko din magagamit, gamitin ko sa range 10 bala lang iputok mo 1,500 na agad.

Zombie outbreak