New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you superstitious?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 40.00%
  • No

7 46.67%
  • I am evil incarnate. Bwahahaha!

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I once saw a priest with a car with license plate digits ending in "666".
    Illuminati :pope:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hindi ako naniniwala sa mga ganyan, gusto ko pa nga magkaroon ng car plate na DVL 666 e kaso meron na raw nakakuha , pero sa Feng Shui konti lang
    I`ll check through LTO TEXT

Currently waiting for the reply...........

hmmmm.....weird, LTO haven't replied yet......I`ll buy some ice cream first :icecream:

GOD! there`s no reply yet!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I once saw a priest with a car with license plate digits ending in "666".
    Baka birth date niya June 1966...o kaya meron siyang anak na sinilang June 1966

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    No. I think people are responsible for the way their luck will turn out, so no need to be superstitious.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    No. I think people are responsible for the way their luck will turn out, so no need to be superstitious.
    Maybe but some are just naturally "lucky".

ung "tabi tabi po" totoo po ito proven na ito, dwarfs really do exist and other underworld beings as well..

ung knock on wood ang nakasanayan lang pero wala pang proof if it really works

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    There are some beliefs which are founded on sound reason but over the years na-distort. Like yun pag mag sign of the cross most of the people ay dinidikit yun back of the thumb sa baba. Its a totally wrong concept dahil hindi nakikita then ng mga servants ng mga Kastila yun hinahalikan yun cross ng rosary kaya akala nila yun thumb lang dumidikit.

It is not wrong to have such superstitious belief as long as its nothing that affects your everyday life.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Some superstitions are based on pagan beliefs hence medyo contrast lalo na kung christian ka or Catholic. Knock on wood for example.

Some were even absorbed by the Catholic faith as traditions and hence we believe them as part of Catholic cathecism while in fact superstition (or pagan rituals) yun. Amulets, charms, iconography and images (imahen).

Di ba ang Feng Shui is more of an energy manipulation thing? Tipong how to channel energies or some stuff?

Some superstition can be harmful (like stress on a person just because it is Friday the 13th) or harmless (avoiding a black cat).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Yes, feng shui is art and science on how to manipulate energy to your favor. Problem lang is that most of the references were burned way back then. Mga masters now only know a few and a lot are fake pa. Vastu is the root of feng shui and naiiba lang ang approach sa solution.

And yes, superstition can be harmful if taken in too much.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    [SIZE=5]Do you still hold some superstitious beliefs (even how minor)?[/SIZE]

Do you always make it a rule to get up from the "correct" side of the bed? Do you avoid black cats that cross your path? Do you avoid certain numbers like 4 or 13? Do you keep a "good luck" charm? Do you knock on wood for luck? etc...

Tell us about your beliefs.

I would say no. In other country like malaysia they have 13th floor. In addition my friends boxtype plate number is PER 666, Whenever we saw his car we always put a piece of bondpaper with name "LUCY" PER 666.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Are you superstitious ?